CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   surfboard bike rack (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=27)

Jeff July 9th 03 06:51 PM

surfboard bike rack

I'm looking for a side mount rack to carry my surfboard on my bicycle. The
particular rack that I want attaches to the rear rack of the bicycle and
does not clamp to the frame.
Recently when I was in Hawaii I saw several of these racks on bikes and
scooter but I have not been able to locate one in socal. Any body have any
information?
Thanks.

Jeff

Leonard Migliore July 9th 03 07:30 PM

surfboard bike rack

In article ink.net,
Jeff wrote:

I'm looking for a side mount rack to carry my surfboard on my bicycle. The
particular rack that I want attaches to the rear rack of the bicycle and
does not clamp to the frame.
Recently when I was in Hawaii I saw several of these racks on bikes and
scooter but I have not been able to locate one in socal. Any body have any
information?
Thanks.

Jeff

It's not southern California, but lot of folks have them in Capitola
near Santa Cruz. Probably get them at the local surf shops on 41st
avenue. I would venture a wild guess that you could find them in
Huntington Beach, but maybe you're only supposed to drive in LA.

R.White July 10th 03 12:29 AM

surfboard bike rack

"Jeff" wrote in message arthlink.net...
I'm looking for a side mount rack to carry my surfboard on my bicycle. The
particular rack that I want attaches to the rear rack of the bicycle and
does not clamp to the frame.
Recently when I was in Hawaii I saw several of these racks on bikes and
scooter but I have not been able to locate one in socal. Any body have any
information?

This may help.

http://tinyurl.com/ghj6

Jeff July 10th 03 06:03 AM

surfboard bike rack

I've checked at shops in huntington and newport with no luck. Unfortunately
I think you're right that it seems that everyone is supposed to drive. :-(

I'll see if I can find phone number for surf shops in Capitola.
Thanks.

Jeff July 10th 03 06:09 AM

surfboard bike rack

Not the one I'm looking for but thanks.

"R.White" wrote in message
om...

arthlink.net...

Daniel Mitchell July 10th 03 06:19 AM

surfboard bike rack

"Jeff" wrote in
thlink.net:

Not the one I'm looking for but thanks.

I think http://www.surfdogz.com/beach/racks/bikeracks.htm is what you're
after.

-- dan

Pete July 10th 03 06:24 AM

surfboard bike rack

"Jeff" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Not the one I'm looking for but thanks.

This one?
http://www.wetsand.com/store/product...d=43&CatId=160

Pete

Drew Cutter July 10th 03 12:43 PM

surfboard bike rack

Take a look at e-z load . www.ezload.net . Look like you might have do a
little customizing to get it to work .

Surfer Bob July 11th 03 09:47 PM

surfboard bike rack

"Jeff" wrote:
I'm looking for a side mount rack to carry my surfboard on my bicycle.

These are what I generally see around here. I've never owned a pair,
but they look pretty functional.

http://www.essentialsurf.com/ikorb/c...hp?product=325

Tom Keener July 11th 03 09:53 PM

surfboard bike rack

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:51:55 GMT, "Jeff"
wrote:

I'm looking for a side mount rack to carry my surfboard on my bicycle. The
particular rack that I want attaches to the rear rack of the bicycle and
does not clamp to the frame.

OK, you've said it several times, so it must be important. Why should
it not attach to the frame? Attaching it to the frame would give it
more stability and strength. There are plenty of quick-release
mechanisms around if you just want to be able to take it on or off
quickly. The only reason I can see is if you have some special
whoop-de-doo paint job, and then you could easily find a soft buffer
to protect the paint. So, how come?

Tom Keener
email me if you want my email address