CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Chainless Drive Shaft Bicycle Distributors (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=323)

Werehatrack August 7th 03 01:41 AM

Chainless Drive Shaft Bicycle Distributors

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 16:09:10 -0400, Rick Onanian
may have said:

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 15:29:01 -0400, Alex Rodriguez
wrote:
it would have been easier to get decent brake blocks instead. Steel rims
provide markedly worse braking when wet, which is very dangerous.

I don't think he was looking for advice. I think that was a
spam. It certainly looked like one, with a cheap disguise as
an incorrect legitimate message.

Note that it was posted to:
alt.religion.unification,rec.bicycles.marketplace ,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles. soc

alt.regligion.unification? Nobody wanting/giving actual
biking advice would post there, unless there's something
I don't know about alt.religion newsgroups.

Well, given that the subject of chains (and chain lube and cleaning
techniques) takes on the trappings of religious discussion at times...

--
My email address is antispammed;
pull WEEDS if replying via e-mail.