CycleBanter.com

-   Racing (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Pappy mad! No more political threads! (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=71186)

Sierraman November 6th 04 04:06 AM

Pappy mad! No more political threads!

Ok, lets end it. I won't take any vows but I sort of promise to not reply to
any more political threads and I am by far not the worse offender. What do
you say guys. No more politics? Pappy leaving so we better quit, I don't
blame him for being bummed. We could talk about womens cycling. What team
will Mirjam Melchers ride for next year?

B-

ps- That last one by Lafferty was a good one to end it on, at least for me
it was. I just wish those were BL own words.

Sierraman November 6th 04 04:42 AM

"bobby carter" wrote in message
did you read about jimena florit's retirement? read on cyclingnews.com.she
is a great ambassador for cycling.

I think that most of the elite climbers are at the end of their rope too.
Joane S. is rumored to retire every year and Luperini isn't far behind. LZ
is gone and I think Brandli might bail out soon. Also what about Longo? How
long can she continue? Got to admire her spirit! Dede is gone, and how long
will Bessette continue? I think so many of the top girls will be gone soon.
End of an era. Add Rossner to the list as well.

Robert Chung November 6th 04 08:09 AM

Sierraman wrote:
What do you say guys. No more politics? Pappy leaving so we
better quit

I'm not sure I understand that reasoning. Pappy wrote his farewell, so
he's already out of here and won't see your message. Why change behavior
for someone who's already bailed?

B. Lafferty November 6th 04 11:36 AM

"Sierraman" wrote in message
Ok, lets end it. I won't take any vows but I sort of promise to not reply
any more political threads and I am by far not the worse offender. What do
you say guys. No more politics? Pappy leaving so we better quit, I don't
blame him for being bummed. We could talk about womens cycling. What team
will Mirjam Melchers ride for next year?

B-

ps- That last one by Lafferty was a good one to end it on, at least for me
it was. I just wish those were BL own words.

Which is why I used the subject line that I did. I'll try to author my own
piece for you in 2008.

Dan Gregory November 6th 04 12:56 PM

Sierraman wrote:
Ok, lets end it. I won't take any vows but I sort of promise to not reply to
any more political threads and I am by far not the worse offender. What do
you say guys. No more politics? Pappy leaving so we better quit, I don't
blame him for being bummed. We could talk about womens cycling. What team
will Mirjam Melchers ride for next year?

Nicole Cooke has turned down a lucrative offer to race in the USA and
will stay in Italy....
All the best
Dan Gregory