CycleBanter.com

-   -   UK Cyclist Figgers Out DC (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=256333)

Bret Cahill September 3rd 18 05:07 AM

UK Cyclist Figgers Out DC

A UK cyclist was going from Alaska to Argentina and was planning to camp out in the park. I told him he could camp out in the back yard or sleep on the sofa. To make sure he got a good night's sleep I started talking U.S. politics to the captive audience.

He mumbled sleepily that everyone in DC had "ulterior motives."

That's it! That's all ya gotta know to know DC politics!

He got such a good night's sleep I consider myself lucky he didn't slip into a coma. I'd haffa call 911. Who wants to explain a cadaver?

Next day I went for a ride as well. By then he must have reached the Sea of Cortez. All mountains in every direction were obscured by dust. I had planned to give the traveler a dust mask but I forgot.

Just wondering, does everyone on the entire planet know that everyone in DC has ulterior motives?

If so I won't feel so bad about not giving him a dust mask.

Bret Cahill

Tom.Evans September 3rd 18 02:09 PM

UK Cyclist Figgers Out DC

On 03/09/2018 05:07, Bret Cahill wrote:

Just wondering, does everyone on the entire planet know that everyone in DC has ulterior motives?

Did you watch the TV series House of Cards?

The original version (much better than the Spacey version) was from
London written by a serving Tory politician.

If you think DC is the only place people have ulterior motives you don't
understand world politics.

If so I won't feel so bad about not giving him a dust mask.

I would feel bad about the dust mask regardless. Not the we have dust in
London, just diesel fumes, for which masks only offer a partial protection.

Bret Cahill September 3rd 18 05:23 PM

UK Cyclist Figgers Out DC

Just wondering, does everyone on the entire planet know that everyone in DC has ulterior motives?

Did you watch the TV series House of Cards?

The original version (much better than the Spacey version) was from
London written by a serving Tory politician.

If you think DC is the only place people have ulterior motives you don't
understand world politics.

Just as Putin wants reputable investigations to help advertise his signature nerve agent attacks, the U. S. media actually make _more_ money if you show that they are shills. Hookers need to be known as hookers. They consider it word of mouth advertising. They deny it as convincingly as Putin denying his poisonings.

"You cannot extricate yourself from decadence by waging war against it."

-- Nietzsche "The Error of Socrates"

Bret Cahill April 2nd 20 05:34 AM

UK Cyclist Figgers Out DC

I don't feel so bad about that oversight anymore. I'm using that mask now.