Showing results 1 to 25 of 144
Search took 7.51 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mark[_9_]
Forum: Techniques October 26th 08, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Mark[_9_]
Got wood? And yes, it is ON topic...

Tosspot wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
Kinky Cowboy wrote:
On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 22:33:55 +0200, Tosspot
wrote:

And anyway, I have 5 bikes now and its getting...
Forum: Techniques October 22nd 08, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 71
Posted By Mark[_9_]
Death wobble in front bars!

Jay Beattie wrote:
On Oct 21, 8:11 pm, jim beam wrote:
Jay Beattie wrote:
On Oct 21, 2:41 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
Forum: Racing October 20th 08, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 134
Posted By Mark[_9_]
Kohl fesses up, omerta in full swing...

Amit Ghosh wrote:
On Oct 19, 8:22 pm, "Robert Chung"
wrote:
Amit Ghosh wrote:
dumbass,
your argument is a strawman. [snip]
if you do X number of...
Forum: Racing October 19th 08, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 134
Posted By Mark[_9_]
Kohl fesses up, omerta in full swing...

Amit Ghosh wrote:
On Oct 16, 5:52 pm, wrote:
On Oct 16, 9:28 pm, Doug Smith wrote:

wrote:
On Oct 16, 10:59 am, Amit Ghosh...
Forum: Racing October 18th 08, 05:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 134
Posted By Mark[_9_]
Kohl fesses up, omerta in full swing...

Keith wrote:
On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:20:38 -0700, "Robert Chung"
wrote:

Kyle Legate wrote:

What clinical trial? They conducted clinical studies...
Forum: Techniques October 15th 08, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Mark[_9_]
road-bicycle-DR-housing

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
On Oct 15, 1:05 am, mariusz wrote:
hello everyone,
which housing is better and why ?

Forum: Techniques October 13th 08, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 163
Posted By Mark[_9_]
retro/modern wheel recomendations?

wrote:
And, at the risk of igniting a war of the bike nerds, would it
significantly improve the performance of my wheelset to switch to
eliptical or bladed...
Forum: Racing October 8th 08, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 35
Posted By Mark[_9_]
Alcala to contest the Tour

JS wrote:
He might inspire Hampsten and Roll to come out of retirement.

Is Geritol on the banned substance list?

Mark J.
Forum: Techniques October 6th 08, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 88
Posted By Mark[_9_]
Vaseline

A Muzi wrote:
[1] as far as I know, no bicycle pump has a glow plug.

Aha! A market with unmet need! Think I can get a startup loan?

Mark J.
Forum: Techniques October 1st 08, 06:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Mark[_9_]
Wrapping cotton twill bar tape.

landotter wrote:
On Oct 1, 10:36 am, Mark wrote:

Is Tressostar or the like still in production? You can get old rolls on
Ebay, but I wonder if the...
Forum: Techniques October 1st 08, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Mark[_9_]
Wrapping cotton twill bar tape.

Michael Press wrote:
Some people say that when cotton twill bar tape is wrapped
from the stem to the bar ends the hands on the top bend
constantly abrade against the exposed edge of the bar
Forum: Techniques September 30th 08, 07:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 268
Posted By Mark[_9_]
OT - Palin Surreal....

Jay Beattie wrote:
On Sep 29, 3:32 pm, (Michael Baldwin) wrote:
Chas wrote:
BTW, I voted Libertarian in 1980.
Chas.
Well it's been a long time coming but I can...
Forum: Techniques September 29th 08, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 268
Posted By Mark[_9_]
OT - Palin Surreal....

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 19:23:19 -0500, Tim McNamara
wrote:

In article , "DI"
Forum: Techniques September 29th 08, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 268
Posted By Mark[_9_]
OT - Palin Surreal....

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 15:52:20 -0400, (Michael
Baldwin) wrote:

The facts are, there are more towns in America the size of Wassila than
Forum: Techniques September 28th 08, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Mark[_9_]
Cable end stuck in Campy ergo shifter

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
On Sep 27, 7:44 am, wrote:
I was changing my rear derailler cable this morning and discovered
that the cable end/head was stuck in the...
Forum: Techniques September 26th 08, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Mark[_9_]
Why 52-42-30?

wrote:
On Sep 24, 8:58 am, Mark wrote:
wrote:
On Sep 24, 12:44 am, JG wrote:
Well anyone...
Forum: Racing September 25th 08, 05:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 6
Posted By Mark[_9_]
Application for troll index zoning variance

Donald Munro wrote:
ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
I'd like to point out that my Palin caption thread went 200+, and that my
original (and only) post in the thread had *no* words in the message...
Forum: Techniques September 24th 08, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Mark[_9_]
Why 52-42-30?

wrote:
On Sep 24, 12:44 am, JG wrote:
Well anyone conversant with simple algebra will understand the high
and low are arbitrary. Anyone conversant with the...
Forum: Techniques September 23rd 08, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Mark[_9_]
Gaping hole in tire

Alexandre Kampouris wrote:
Thanks for all your contributions. From all your answers, I gather that
applying a boot is at best a temporary measure, and that attempting to
repair the tire is...
Forum: Techniques September 23rd 08, 04:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Mark[_9_]
Gaping hole in tire

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

Jay Taylor wrote:

Last night, some twit knifed the tires (or...
Forum: Techniques September 22nd 08, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Mark[_9_]
Chain jumped out of rear deraileur pulley retainer

Williams wrote:
What causes this? A stiff link in the chain? A rock getting picked up by
the chain and pushing the chain through the retainer?

Thanks,
Craig

pedaling backwards...
Forum: General September 17th 08, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 24
Posted By Mark[_9_]
Bike Touring Company

nmp wrote:
I want to bounce some ideas off people and see if you think my preferred
equipment choices would be good for not especially good (or strong)
riders who will be paying relatively...
Forum: Techniques September 17th 08, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 30
Posted By Mark[_9_]
Bike Touring Company

nmp wrote:
I want to bounce some ideas off people and see if you think my preferred
equipment choices would be good for not especially good (or strong)
riders who will be paying relatively...
Forum: Techniques September 16th 08, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Mark[_9_]
Triple experiment ongoing

wrote:
On Sep 15, 8:55 pm, Mark wrote:
wrote:
The Campy triple bike is finally built and used for a couple of...
Forum: Techniques September 15th 08, 06:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 152
Posted By Mark[_9_]
"you give up your rights as a cyclist when staying on the roadwhere the paths are available"

Jay Beattie wrote:
On Sep 14, 1:04 pm, Mark wrote:
Jay Beattie wrote:
In some states, like Oregon, if there is a bicycle facility (path,
trail, etc.)...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 144