Showing results 1 to 25 of 48
Search took 2.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jim F
Forum: Techniques October 15th 08, 07:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Jim F
Sidi shoe treatment

"John Forrest Tomlinson" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 19:48:19 -0500, "Jay" ...
Forum: Techniques October 11th 08, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Jim F
Sidi shoe treatment

I have scoured the Sidi shoe website looking for info on what oil or other
treatment I can use on my shoes, but there's nothing. The manmade
leather-like "Lorica" material is starting to crack on...
Forum: Racing September 14th 08, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By Jim F
Bored Man To Participate In 2,200 Mile Bike Race

http://www.theonion.com/content/from_print/bored_man_to_participate_in

now thar be a caption contest for ye
Forum: Racing July 26th 08, 05:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Jim F
riders I suspect

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
]...
In article
Forum: Racing July 15th 08, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 14
Posted By Jim F
Don't get attached to Vande Velde

"Bob Schwartz" wrote in message
He's doomed.

Hey Laff, that was an outstanding ride that no
one would...
Forum: Racing July 15th 08, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By Jim F
Nice shot!

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
If you're not already reading The Big Picture, you should be, if...
Forum: Racing July 15th 08, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By Jim F
Evans in Yellow??

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote in message
"Davey Crockett" wrote in message
Forum: Racing July 15th 08, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 28
Posted By Jim F
Tour de France, stage 10 summary

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
]...
In article ,
Bob...
Forum: Racing July 5th 08, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 9
Posted By Jim F
I'm three for three

"Bill C" wrote in message
On Jul 4, 8:14 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson...
Forum: Techniques May 10th 08, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 52
Posted By Jim F
recommend a pedal for a clipless noob

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
Hi all,

I'm thinking about making the leap to clipless (I've got some fresh rat
trap scars on the...
Forum: Techniques April 16th 08, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By Jim F
Vancouver LBS

"wizardB" wrote...

The forthright "Vancouver" obviously refers to the older U.S. city,
since there aren't even 130 million Canadians on the planet.

Fifty-four forty,...
Forum: Racing April 16th 08, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By Jim F
Remember, these are professionals!

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote...

Laugh, nothing. Gay marriage is legal in Canada.

Straight up (no pun intended). A childhood buddy of mine flew from
Philadelphia to Vancouver for...
Forum: Techniques March 15th 08, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Jim F
rear der adjustment

"Ben C" wrote...

If the limit screw isn't what's limiting it then the cable may be too
tight.

Bingo. That, plus I opened it up half a turn.

Thanks,

--
Forum: Techniques March 15th 08, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19

I changed out my rear wheel for my wife's, and now it won't shift to the
highest gear.

Both are Shimano nine-speed.
The derailer is c. 2000 Ultegra.
My wheel was a low-end Mavic rim with some...
Forum: General March 9th 08, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Jim F
Steveston, BC

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote...

BTW Jim, there's Novice-category races at a few of the remaining Spring
Series races this year. You can race them with just a Cycling BC
Forum: General March 9th 08, 06:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Jim F
Steveston, BC

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote...

About a dozen club rides, including the friendly and welcoming Escape
Velocity club ride, will roll through Saturday morning.

The EV ride...
Forum: Techniques March 5th 08, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Jim F
rear brake rub

"icebike" wrote in message
On Mar 3, 11:41 pm, icebike wrote:
On Mar 3, 3:48...
Forum: General March 5th 08, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Jim F
Steveston, BC

Any of you guys who ride out of Steveston lurk here? I'm looking to ride
early Friday morning and maybe early Saturday this week.

Thanks

--
JF

"Here comes the lightening and here comes the...
Forum: Techniques March 3rd 08, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Jim F
rear brake rub

"icebike" wrote in message
On Feb 29, 8:28 pm, daveornee daveornee.35k...@no-
Forum: Techniques March 1st 08, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Jim F
rear brake rub

I can't figure it out. My Ultegra rear brake on my Raleigh wet weather road
bike rubs the rim no matter what. It's rubbing on the non-drive side, the
same side the cable runs on. I have...
Forum: General February 17th 08, 09:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By Jim F
Cyclcist circles the globe, sets record

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2008/02/16/frazier.record.breaking.ride.cnn

A British man has become the fastest person to bicycle around the world.
CNN's Stephen Frazier explains.

and it...
Forum: Techniques January 27th 08, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Jim F
Simple Green degreaser

"Chalo" wrote...

The US Air Force says no Simple Green to clean airplanes or their
parts. I think they've identified a potentially serious aluminum
corrosion or...
Forum: Racing January 23rd 08, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 21
Posted By Jim F
I'm just not that into it

"John Forrest Tomlinson" wrote in message

High Road jersey:
Forum: Racing January 23rd 08, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 21
Posted By Jim F
I'm just not that into it

"John Forrest Tomlinson" wrote in message

High Road jersey:
Forum: Techniques January 7th 08, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By Jim F
Vancouver LBS

wrote...

Dear Ryan,

We free-born patriots scorn your royalty-ridden subterfuge!

Do a google duel, pitting plain "Vancouver" against "Vancouver BC":
Showing results 1 to 25 of 48