Showing results 1 to 25 of 257
Search took 0.51 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: wobbling bear
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 11:20 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By wobbling bear
Frustrations Learning to Ride: Mental Block and *Really* Sore Knees?

mental block: I know that! cannot get rid of it after 6 years
unicycling. But I now practice rough terrain unicycling with pretty
difficult sections. So I live with it.

knee pain: different reasons...
Forum: Unicycling January 6th 09, 12:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By wobbling bear
Best Muni/Trials Shoe

critter;1165213 wrote:

I got the 5/10s and like them a lot. I stopped wearing my ankle
supports because they seem so beefy.

same for me: I started wearing a pair of 5/10 hi impact and...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By wobbling bear
Unicycles on the plane (long instructions)

Tak;1164705 wrote:
Yeah, we recently discovered that 'United's baggage policy'
(http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,52481,00.html) was changed to
something very similar, -after- we...
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 10:49 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 66
Posted By wobbling bear
need hill climbing advice

with freemounting big wheels hill-climbing is my weak spot :mad:
this is curious since I am fairly good at it on a MTB.
Again I suspect I am not relaxed enough and spend too much energy: it's
not my...
Forum: Unicycling December 28th 08, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By wobbling bear
Tips please--- How to fall and avoid injury.

BillyTheMountain;1159141 wrote:
So you're suggesting several years of psychotherapy should help you ride
much better??!

cheaper option: I just wish I could be able to smoke small doses of...
Forum: Unicycling December 24th 08, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By wobbling bear
Achilles surgery and no riding/walking for 2 months what do you do?

Daytripper63;1156810 wrote:
. NOPE the muscle atrophy in my leg is nuts, the Doc said at 3 months I
could go at it "as hard as my muscles would permit". Now I know why she
phrased it that...
Forum: Unicycling December 21st 08, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By wobbling bear
Tips please--- How to fall and avoid injury.

I think there is a psychological dimension to hurting oneself.
I have practised martial arts (Aikido, Karate) I've practised skiing
like mad ... I almost never hurt myself.
Since I started unicycling...
Forum: Unicycling December 1st 08, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By wobbling bear
how long before balance becomes "second nature"

Hi Ganfax: I am your age and I also learned with small "bursts" of Half
hour training .... took a long time but rewarding.
though I was a good skier I consider myself "balance challenged" when
it...
Forum: Unicycling November 23rd 08, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By wobbling bear
Pictures of your latest ride

latest ride .... (sorry comments in french)
YouTube -
descente_aviateur_clamart.MPG

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear...
Forum: Unicycling November 22nd 08, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 29
Posted By wobbling bear
Do you guys ACTUALLY get mad??

people are suprised to see us and trying to make contact they may come
with a lame joke you've heard a thousand of times ... please note that
they try to make contact so be prepared to be...
Forum: Unicycling November 8th 08, 11:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 53
Posted By wobbling bear
Unicon XV who is going?

I am humbled by the fact that so many nez-zealanders participated in
European UNicon.
So I am ashamed to think about the budget :o ... I'll have to convince
significant other to come with me visiting...
Forum: Unicycling October 5th 08, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By wobbling bear
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

this morning as was practising rough weather unicycling (it was
literally raining chestnuts!) I came across a bunch of MTBers in the
woods....
thirty-something( panting, steaming, eyes bulging,...)...
Forum: Unicycling October 4th 08, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By wobbling bear
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

This morning I dismounted (gracefully) in front of a very old lady
-probably in her late 90!-
lady (with malicious eye): "Recession looms! no credit for a second
wheel eh?":p

--
wobbling bear

One...
Forum: Unicycling October 3rd 08, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By wobbling bear
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

joejumps4fun;1106757 wrote:
Haha! I've seen that picture before. If kids today are reading a book
from the 1950's, then I don't know what to say! :confused:

that's why grand-fathers were...
Forum: Unicycling September 30th 08, 08:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 205
Posted By wobbling bear
Are you 45+

unstable;1104750 wrote:

I'll be 50 in a couple of weeks, and I asked my wife for a unicycle for
my birthday. I've never ridden before and I'm not particularly
coordinated but I've wanted...
Forum: Unicycling September 28th 08, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By wobbling bear
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

I have been ill all the week ... so this morning I was unable to attend
a MTB event with the Paris south-west Muni gang :(
I stayed in bed and at 11 I decided to try some MuniTherapy and went
into...
Forum: Unicycling September 14th 08, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 55
Posted By wobbling bear
Top 10 Cities in the World for Unicycling

a good point for Paris is that there is a lot of muni trails around with
really steep terrain.... just in case you would come just warn me and
our group will show you just the SouthWest of Paris....
Forum: Unicycling September 11th 08, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By wobbling bear
unicycle related sweating

sp4rky-m4rky wrote:
Sweat doesnt realy smell, its the bacteria that grows from it that
smells.

gosh! then bacteria are a quick lot: the moment I start riding I start
sweating and I start...
Forum: Unicycling September 11th 08, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By wobbling bear
How do you dismount?

interesting thread: I realise I have always dismounted in front of the
uni (while catching the saddle with my "other hand")... I may do it
elegantly
I think I caught this habit because I feared to...
Forum: Unicycling August 24th 08, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By wobbling bear
Specifications of your dream unicycle

dangerdog wrote:
26" wheel ,infinitely variable geared hub 0.7 to 2.5 ratio, retractable
handlebars,disc brake.Optional gyro fine balance control for increased
safety at high speed.

I don't...
Forum: Unicycling August 24th 08, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By wobbling bear
revamping the old Coker (II: help from friends)

Well since I started to reconcile with my Old Big One I decided to
revamp it.
First I changed the rim (but too bad the spokes did not fit :( ) So I
had to rebuild the wheel and then my friend...
Forum: Unicycling August 24th 08, 02:02 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By wobbling bear
Achilles surgery and no riding/walking for 2 months what do you do?

I have snapped an Achille's tendon some time ago .. it took me two years
to get things back to normal: the big problem is that the other foot
might consider it's up to it to counterbalance. So my...
Forum: Unicycling August 19th 08, 07:40 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By wobbling bear
Favorite riding weather?

MuniAddict wrote:
'Dark, overcast' (http://tinyurl.com/6f6sbk), 62-68 degrees with
humidity in the 40-50% range, , and NO SUNSHINE! I will not ride in the
midday sun, or in temops higher than...
Forum: Unicycling August 7th 08, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By wobbling bear
Training for Distance

BTW I realised I was unable to drink from a CamelBack while riding! I
have to stop to take a sip (or munch something)! what's wrong?
(well for the moment I can't ride: plaster around my wrist will...
Forum: Unicycling August 7th 08, 11:53 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 32
Posted By wobbling bear
Uni commuters / magazine story

I used to commute for 4 km on my 20" (or sometimes 24") this I did
because riding on the pavement -but the ride was down and up a cliff-.
did it with a 29er on the road and I didn't like the way cars...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 257