Showing results 1 to 25 of 39
Search took 1.26 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Adam Kadlubek
Forum: Techniques February 10th 10, 11:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By Adam Kadlubek
6'7 guy needs help looking for a road bike for a 585 Mile 6DayCharity Bike Ride

On 10 Lut, 09:16, Chalo wrote:

The 64cm Trek 1.5 has some laughable features for a tall man's bike,
like 41cm chainstays. *With the specified 72 degree seat angle,...
Forum: Techniques January 26th 10, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Adam Kadlubek
QR20/Marzocchi question

On 26 Sty, 10:01, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
I have a 2000-era Marzocchi Z1 "QR20" fork. The dropouts look like a
conventional dropout, only bigger. No bottom lock like on the...
Forum: Techniques July 15th 09, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 35
Posted By Adam Kadlubek
Do I want disc brakes?

Makes you wonder how poor Tomac and "Hairball" managed with only rim
brakes. *They could have "rocked" the latest Mountain Cycle Pro-Stop 9-
inchers, but they didn't-- even though Mountain Bike...
Forum: Techniques July 15th 09, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 35
Posted By Adam Kadlubek
Do I want disc brakes?

On 15 Lip, 11:51, Chalo wrote:

I think discs will more than likely be a letdown for you. *They have
more points of failure and not surprisingly, more frequent failures
Forum: Techniques May 1st 09, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Adam Kadlubek
Diminished shift quality after switching to closer-spacedcassette...

On 28 Kwi, 21:52, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:

Long-cage mountain bike derailleurs, and that's what you'd have if the
original cassette was an 11-34, don't like smaller...
Forum: Techniques March 12th 09, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Adam Kadlubek
Wide Range -- 17 speeds

On 12 Mar, 13:59, Tom Sherman
wrote:
On my RANS Rocket in the 62/28 combination, the "lower" pulley on the
SRAM 7.0 (long cage MTB) derailer becomes the "front"...
Forum: Techniques March 12th 09, 12:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Adam Kadlubek
Wide Range -- 17 speeds

On 12 Mar, 13:26, The Dougster wrote:
Hi!

I use:

24 / 35 / 51 x 11 / 13 / 16 / 19 / 24 / 28 / 34

chain rings and cogs on my Thunderbolt recumbent.

On a...
Forum: Techniques February 10th 09, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Adam Kadlubek
Hardness of shimano cogs

On 10 Lut, 14:24, Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
On Feb 8, 8:24*am, Adam Kadlubek wrote:

Greetings.

I wonder, did anyone actually measured...
Forum: Techniques February 8th 09, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Adam Kadlubek
Hardness of shimano cogs

Greetings.

I wonder, did anyone actually measured the hardness of a typical
shimano cassette cogs (105 or so). I know they are made of CrMo steel,
but considering how many grades of this steel are...
Forum: Techniques February 7th 09, 12:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 119
Posted By Adam Kadlubek
On low gears

On 7 Lut, 00:19, pm wrote:
On Feb 6, 2:09*pm, Adam Kadlubek wrote:

Well. Quite usable 11-39 cassette looks like...
Forum: Techniques February 6th 09, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 119
Posted By Adam Kadlubek
On low gears

Well. Quite usable 11-39 cassette looks like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/uzurpator/IMG_0065.jpg

Regards.
--
Adam Kadlubek
Forum: Techniques December 4th 08, 12:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 3 Gru, 16:49, Flatlander wrote:

Just get SORA 13-26 8 speed cassette.

Regards.
--
Adam Kadlubek
Forum: Techniques November 28th 08, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 28 Lis, 02:21, HKEK wrote:
I now know why they say "Shimano hubs are single-use throw-aways". I
have gone through 4 freehub bodies in one season riding only about 10
Forum: Techniques November 21st 08, 10:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Adam Kadlubek
Assymetric wheel lacing

Greetings.

I stand before the task of lacing the rear wheel for my brand new
downhill/all-mountain bike. 26", long travel suspension.

I wonder if there is a benefit to lace the wheel assymetrically...
Forum: Techniques October 29th 08, 08:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 129
Posted By Adam Kadlubek
Freewheels

Actually - noisy hubs are the new vogue - with 'turbojet' chris king
hubs being the best.
I have a hub with the same pawl design and it is annoyingly loud.

--
Adam Kadlubek
Forum: Techniques October 28th 08, 08:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 27 Pa¼, 02:36, wrote:
Here's view of what I mean:

http://i33.tinypic.com/2881r1i.jpg

Well - considering the shape - this may be a hub from the beginning...
Forum: Techniques October 16th 08, 09:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Adam Kadlubek
XTR disk brake inconsistencies

On 16 Pa¼, 04:01, Barry wrote:
Hello usenet,
snip
Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

Bleed - there is air in the system.

Regards
--
Adam Kadlubek
Forum: Techniques September 30th 08, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

You can find out easily if you try flipping your fork around
backwards.

-pm

Fork is offset 10mm to the left, so not possible.

Regards.

--
Forum: Techniques September 30th 08, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7

Greetings.

I have a nice lowracer, a pic of which I attach:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/uzurpator/Image1.jpg

Rides pretty nice (I have completed a few centuries already), but is
abit...
Forum: Techniques June 20th 08, 11:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 213
Posted By Adam Kadlubek
Funny Chain Lubricant Story

On 16 Cze, 05:13, wrote:
snip
Carl Fogel

Good post - on the other hand tho, chain efficiency goes up when chain
tension goes up. The effect is that 44-22 gear has less...
Forum: Techniques June 18th 08, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 144
Posted By Adam Kadlubek
Pics of Campa 11 speed

On 18 Cze, 13:06, "
wrote:
On Jun 18, 10:48 am, Derk wrote:

Forum: Recumbent Biking April 28th 08, 10:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 12
Posted By Adam Kadlubek
Chain idler efficiency - roller vs. toothed

On 28 Kwi, 00:37, Jon Bendtsen wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
Jon Bendtsen wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
TandemFan wrote:

[cross-posted to ARBR for Perry Butler's...
Forum: Recumbent Biking April 21st 08, 12:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 1
Posted By Adam Kadlubek
IRD Freewheels : Worth 3x the cost ??

On 19 Kwi, 06:35, Chalo wrote:
Adam Kadlubek wrote:

Sugino XD 152mm length, 110 BCD with custom rings (61 TASpecialities,
46 Shimano and 34 Stronglight). Long...
Forum: Techniques April 21st 08, 12:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

On 19 Kwi, 06:35, Chalo wrote:
Adam Kadlubek wrote:

Sugino XD 152mm length, 110 BCD with custom rings (61 TASpecialities,
46 Shimano and 34 Stronglight). Long...
Forum: Techniques April 17th 08, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 55
Posted By Adam Kadlubek
IRD Freewheels : Worth 3x the cost ??

What crank is that? I could use lower gearing on my RANS Rocket.