Showing results 1 to 25 of 169
Search took 0.34 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: LSMike
Forum: UK October 30th 09, 03:42 PM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By LSMike
Who is liable for the damage?

On 30 Oct, 15:23, NM wrote:

On a cursory look the etch a sketch you provided has no road template
that covers the situation, my elbow hurts from yesterday. I cannot be
Forum: UK October 30th 09, 02:06 PM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By LSMike
Who is liable for the damage?

On 30 Oct, 13:58, NM wrote:

Well you see differences that I don't possibly because you enjoy
levels of pedentry I could't be bothered with.

Why don't you draw the accident...
Forum: UK October 26th 09, 09:37 AM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By LSMike
Who is liable for the damage?

On 25 Oct, 13:00, NM wrote:

I fail to see how she caused the collision, she didn't cross his path
he collided with her, she was stopped still in the correct position on
Forum: UK October 24th 09, 10:57 PM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By LSMike
Who is liable for the damage?

On 24 Oct, 22:52, NM wrote:

Come on, fess up the specific details of the incident now. Junction
location, direction of both vehicles, point where the driver stopped
the first...
Forum: UK October 24th 09, 10:55 PM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By LSMike
Who is liable for the damage?

On 24 Oct, 22:18, Bill wrote:

A very good example of why cyclists should all have a basic, 3rd party,
level of insurance. *There would still be ill feelings after an...
Forum: UK October 24th 09, 10:52 PM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By LSMike
Who is liable for the damage?

On 24 Oct, 22:28, John Wright ""john\"@no spam here.com" wrote:
LSMike wrote:
Ooh, look at the bias. *You clearly have no understanding of how
clipless pedals work, why they are a good...
Forum: UK October 24th 09, 11:49 AM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By LSMike
Who is liable for the damage?

On 24 Oct, 11:43, NM wrote:

I think you should read the heading of the initial posting before you
decide who's side I'm on, I have put the facts as I understood them
and...
Forum: UK October 24th 09, 11:26 AM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By LSMike
Who is liable for the damage?

On 24 Oct, 10:54, NM wrote:
On 24 Oct, 10:27, LSMike wrote:

That's my reading of the collision description too. *Failure to drive
Forum: UK October 24th 09, 10:27 AM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 381
Posted By LSMike
Who is liable for the damage?

On 24 Oct, 10:12, (D.M.
Procida) wrote:
NM wrote:
My friend, in Catford strangely enough almost at the end of Doug's
road,...
Forum: UK October 16th 09, 09:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By LSMike
Light Recommendations Please

On 16 Oct, 15:12, "Simon Mason" wrote:

I am currently using an Exposure Maxx D 4 led lamp. Nearly 1000 lumens, but
it costs muchly.

Forum: UK July 21st 08, 11:49 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 380
Posted By LSMike
Any tips for filming mobile phone using cagers?

On 15 Jul, 21:47, "Brownz \(Mobile\)"
wrote:

there is no excuse for not being able to use a hands free kit these days.

There's not much excuse for using a handsfree...
Forum: UK June 27th 08, 04:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 40
Posted By LSMike
How would you ride this?

On 27 Jun, 11:10, (Neil Williams)
wrote:

We'll have to agree to disagree, then, as I find the system in the
Netherlands of keeping buses away from everything (but...
Forum: UK June 27th 08, 10:47 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 40
Posted By LSMike
How would you ride this?

On 25 Jun, 21:01, (Neil Williams)
wrote:

Indeed. Which is why Dutch-style segregated lanes are better than
cycles in a bus lane. Apart from that cycles and buses...
Forum: UK June 27th 08, 10:44 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 40
Posted By LSMike
How would you ride this?

On 25 Jun, 14:04, Ace wrote:

Oh, right. Well, it was a bit tight, I grant you, but I see worse on a
regular basis.

It doesn't look nearly as close on the video as it...
Forum: UK June 25th 08, 08:40 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 40
Posted By LSMike
How would you ride this?

Take a look at this stretch of road, and discuss where you'd ride, and
how you'd deal with the...
Forum: UK June 12th 08, 06:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By LSMike
Cars edging out at junctions or to change lanes

On 10 Jun, 11:51, "PoB" wrote:

Lovely devices, but only really of use in traffic - you can't use them on
off-road cycle paths, unless you're a cyclepath... (okay, old ones...
Forum: UK June 2nd 08, 09:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 61
Posted By LSMike
Don't feed Troll Nuxx

On 2 Jun, 17:42, "Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:
On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 15:26:00 +0100, "Clive George"
said in
Forum: UK May 9th 08, 10:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By LSMike
95% of cyclist deaths?

in 2006 in Leftpondia were apparently non-h*lm*t wearers:

http://www.iihs.org/research/fatality_facts_2006/bicycles.html
Forum: UK May 1st 08, 12:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 218
Posted By LSMike
Road Rage

On 29 Apr, 20:05, Simon Dean wrote:
PoB wrote:
"Simon Dean" wrote in message
... road, in which case
Forum: UK April 30th 08, 12:01 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 218
Posted By LSMike
Road Rage

On 30 Apr, 11:05, Mark wrote:
On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 01:43:32 -0700 (PDT), LSMike

wrote:
On 29 Apr, 19:45, LSMike...
Forum: Rides April 30th 08, 09:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By LSMike
Horn Blowing = Lion's Roar?

On 29 Apr, 23:03, Don Whybrow wrote:
ComandanteBanana wrote:
On Apr 29, 12:18 pm, Don Whybrow wrote:
ComandanteBanana wrote:

Forum: General April 30th 08, 09:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 49

ComandanteBanana wrote:
On Apr 29, 12:18 pm, Don Whybrow wrote:

Forum: Social Issues April 30th 08, 09:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling

ComandanteBanana wrote:
On Apr 29, 12:18 pm, Don Whybrow wrote:
ComandanteBanana wrote:

Forum: UK April 30th 08, 09:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 36

ComandanteBanana wrote:
On Apr 29, 12:18 pm, Don Whybrow wrote:
ComandanteBanana wrote:

Forum: UK April 30th 08, 09:43 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 218
Posted By LSMike
Road Rage

On 29 Apr, 19:45, LSMike wrote: