Fat tire riders look like "fat heads." by [email protected]
Unless the stupid bike is powered, why endure that ridiculous rolling resistance?
by Duane[_7_] Go to last post
22 74 Techniques
Cyclist receives life threatening head injury after collision with tanker by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: A CYCLIST who collided with a milk tanker in Chippenham this morning is fighting for his life in hospital. The man, in his 30s, suffered a life...
Degree in cycling by Pamela
Writtle University (sic) offers a degree in cycling. I wonder if it includes roadcraft....
Today 10:54 AM
by Peter Keller[_3_] Go to last post
1 2 UK
Elderly man critically ill in hospital after being struck by cyclist by Simon Mason[_6_]
There seems too be a lot of careless road crossers out there. GET OFF YOUR MOBILES! QUOTE: An elderly man is fighting for his life after being knocked down by...
Drivers STILL using Liverpool pop-up lane as a 'car park' afterdouble yellows installed by Simon Mason[_6_]
Now they're really breaking the law. QUOTE: Thanks to complaints on social media and a hearty dose of pressure from the media, Liverpool Council council...
Black cyclist stopped by London cop for "anti-social behaviour"including not wearing helmet, number plate or hi-viz by Simon Mason[_6_]
More clueless police! QUOTE: A video posted to Twitter shows a Metropolitan Police officer accusing a cyclist of “anti-social behaviour” because, among...
Remembering how to tie my shoes, going back for a do-rag by Frank Krygowski[_4_]
On 7/1/2020 11:36 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote: On 7/1/2020 12:18 AM, Joy Beeson wrote: I'd made a couple of short rides in my grubbies, in case I had...
BBC tips on bike commuting by Radey Shouman
Now that the covids are weakening, the beeb has some tips for those that might ride to work. Most of it seemed pretty sane to me....
Today 02:59 AM
by Jeff Liebermann Go to last post
9 65 Techniques
Bike thief thug jailed for 3 1/2 years - LONG by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: A man who left a woman 'pouring with blood' when he attacked her after downing two bottles of spirits has been jailed. Charlie Turner, 19, of Everest...
Don't hassle me - I'm riding my bike by AMuzi
https://710wor.iheart.com/content/2020-07-02-armed-bicyclist-fatally-shoots-driver-in-road-rage-incident/ With any luck some jerks will take the lesson to...
by Sir Ridesalot Go to last post
40 111 Techniques
New Yorker article by Frank Krygowski[_4_]
There's some interesting history in this article. Quite a bit I didn't...
New CCFL, 26650, 18650, or 3AA by sms
Another CCFL that makes a decent bicycle light (sorry Frank!): * 3x AA or 1x 26650 or 1x 18650 battery (batteries not included) * Spot to Flood Zoom * 5...
Chris Boardman goes car-free and is helping out at Halfords during lockdown by Simon Mason[_6_]
Doesn't wear a plastic hat either! QUOTE: Chris Boardman has revealed he sold his car after not using it for two months during lockdown. Greater...
Cyclist attackers have been jailed for a combined total of more than23 years by Simon Mason[_6_]
What a good judge and even better sentences. QUOTE: Three men have been jailed for a combined total of more than 23 years after they were found guilty of...
Yesterday 05:30 PM
by Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_] Go to last post
3 23 UK
US Bicycle Commuting Statistics by Jeff Liebermann
Percentage of bicycle commuters by US city, county, census area, skool district, etc. For...
Is the ‘golden age of cycling’ really here to stay? - LONG by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: More and more people have turned to pedal power during the lockdown as roads emptied and air quality improved. But as lockdown measures ease, Jamie...
‘No one was expecting such an increase in demand’: Cycling shop owners discuss surge by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: A cycling shop owner has admitted “nobody expected” the spike in bike usage across Dundee as stores struggle to cope with demand. Shops in the city...
Stupidity by Mr Pounder Esquire
https://www.lep.co.uk/news/transport/preston-cyclist-critical-condition-after-crashing-wall-city-centre-2904139 Never underestimate the stupidity of a cyclist.
Yesterday 04:26 PM
by Mike Collins Go to last post