Showing results 1 to 25 of 192
Search took 0.86 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: BCDrums
Forum: Techniques October 18th 13, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By BCDrums
My experience a with Lezyne pump

While I am focussed on pumps, I'll recount my Lezyne experience. I know this is a pump that many like.

I bought the $80 high-volume model with an eye toward using mostly for car tires and other...
Forum: Techniques October 18th 13, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 32
Posted By BCDrums
Platform pedal recommendation, please

On Friday, October 4, 2013 1:04:26 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:

Basic Redline one piece aluminum pedal, CrMo spindle about

$20~25. Sealed cartridge bearing models up from there.

Following up, I...
Forum: Techniques October 18th 13, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By BCDrums
Removing crimped hose from Medai pump

On Friday, October 18, 2013 2:46:16 PM UTC-4, datakoll wrote:
the replacement hose....tellus the number wudja ?

It's part #1012.
http://ecom1.planetbike.com/1012.html

I have used the PB pump head...
Forum: Techniques October 18th 13, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By BCDrums
Removing crimped hose from Medai pump

On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 2:21:50 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:

If your replacement hose has a different thread for the pump

base, snip the band with a side cutter and use a stainless

Forum: Techniques October 17th 13, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By BCDrums
Removing crimped hose from Medai pump

On Thursday, October 17, 2013 12:28:00 AM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:

Looks absolutely identical to mine, which says Nashbar. I probably got mine in the mid-1990s.

Mine came with a...
Forum: Techniques October 17th 13, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By BCDrums
Removing crimped hose from Medai pump

On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 10:25:15 PM UTC-4, datakoll wrote:
maybe here

Forum: Techniques October 16th 13, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By BCDrums
Removing crimped hose from Medai pump

Here's one for the old-timers: I have a Medai pump, circa 1975. I'd like to replace the hose. The original hose is crimped onto the bottom of the pump.. First, how do I remove the crimp? Second, what...
Forum: Techniques October 14th 13, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By BCDrums
Mountain bar-end reinforcement inserts?

On Sunday, October 13, 2013 6:51:24 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:

It was the 1990s:

Spot on! The bike is from 1996.
Forum: Techniques October 13th 13, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By BCDrums
Mountain bar-end reinforcement inserts?

I took a pair of bar-ends (perpendicular handlebar extensions, not shifters) off a handlebar, and found cylindrical metal inserts inside the handlebar at each end. They had an o-ring set into one...
Forum: Techniques October 5th 13, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 32
Posted By BCDrums
Platform pedal recommendation, please

On Saturday, October 5, 2013 11:22:09 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:

I think OP was looking for the style of the two top images he

http://www.redlinebicycles.com/components/pedals

Forum: Techniques October 5th 13, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 32
Posted By BCDrums
Platform pedal recommendation, please

On Friday, October 4, 2013 8:40:38 PM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

No, but I do have one that I now hate:

http://www.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/bicycles/misc/slides/Resin-Pedal.html

That's...
Forum: Techniques October 5th 13, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 32
Posted By BCDrums
Platform pedal recommendation, please

On Friday, October 4, 2013 6:16:23 PM UTC-4, Peter Howard wrote:

MKS Sylvan Touring Pedals

http://smartbikeparts.com/search_details.php?itm=PD4010

Forum: Techniques October 4th 13, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 32
Posted By BCDrums
Platform pedal recommendation, please

Converting a mountain bike into a jump-on-'n'-ride. I'm thinking about double-sided, non-clipless, with no toe clips, and maybe a concave profile. All of the shoes I'd wear on this bike have rubber...
Forum: Techniques October 2nd 13, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By BCDrums
Reviving the Avocet 25 bicycle computer

I've had an Avocet 25 mounted on the bar of my '96 Gary Fisher MTB since 1996. The battery has been dead since before the turn of the century, but I rarely rode the bike and didn't care. Recently I...
Forum: Techniques September 28th 13, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By BCDrums
Which Kool-Stop inserts for Deore LX brakeshoe holder?

On Saturday, September 21, 2013 10:51:38 AM UTC-4, BCDrums wrote:
I have a vintage Gary Fisher MTB with Deore LX brake shotes. I'd like to replace the inserts (not the whole shebang) with...
Forum: Techniques September 21st 13, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By BCDrums
Which Kool-Stop inserts for Deore LX brakeshoe holder?

I have a vintage Gary Fisher MTB with Deore LX brake shotes. I'd like to replace the inserts (not the whole shebang) with Kool-Stops. Does anyone know which of the many Kool-Stop models will fit in...
Forum: Techniques October 13th 12, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By BCDrums
Need a new Schrader pump head

On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 9:58:40 AM UTC-4, BCDrums wrote:

Welcome back to this exciting thread on Schrader pump heads. After less than 2 years, the $6 head from Planet Bike has...
Forum: Techniques October 3rd 12, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By BCDrums
Need a new Schrader pump head

On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 12:20:31 PM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Incidentally, if you do use an air compressor, you can get it treaded

for a 1/4" NTP fitting.

Forum: Techniques October 3rd 12, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By BCDrums
Need a new Schrader pump head

Followup: I ordered the Planet Bike pump head for $6 shipped. It fit

onto the pump hose, and it has a screw-on collar that works as a hose

clamp but is neater. The thumblock is a...
Forum: Techniques October 3rd 12, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By BCDrums
Need a new Schrader pump head

On Sunday, February 21, 2010 1:48:44 PM UTC-5, BCDrums wrote:
On Feb 15, 6:03*pm, AMuzi wrote:
BCDrums wrote:
I have a '70s MDI floor pump that I use to keep the...
Forum: Techniques July 26th 12, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 122
Posted By BCDrums
Inner tube recommendation

On Jul 19, 3:04*pm, David Scheidt wrote:

I've been using michelin airstops lately, with ood results.

I too use the Michelin Airstops. I have had good luck with them;...
Forum: Techniques May 1st 12, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 47
Posted By BCDrums
Replacements for Avocet Fasgrips

On Apr 30, 6:55*am, raamman wrote:
On Apr 29, 9:54*pm, bfd wrote:

Forum: Techniques April 12th 12, 01:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By BCDrums
Who makes a nice T-handle hex wrench?

On Apr 11, 9:21*pm, AMuzi wrote:
BCDrums wrote:
I'd like to get a couple of T-handle hex wrenches, the type that have
a both long shaft and a little stubbt shaft...
Forum: Techniques April 12th 12, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By BCDrums
Who makes a nice T-handle hex wrench?

I'd like to get a couple of T-handle hex wrenches, the type that have
a both long shaft and a little stubbt shaft sticking out of the T. The
Park wrenches look okay and are available individually....
Forum: Techniques April 7th 12, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By BCDrums
Assembled a custom 9sp cassette

On Apr 7, 10:21*am, datakoll wrote:
nice !

and if there's a sweat spot gear for the fav ride, two of em maay be better than one, or if a critical turn needs a shift from...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 192