Showing results 1 to 25 of 174
Search took 0.26 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Raptor
Forum: Racing March 11th 07, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 60
Posted By Raptor
Hey Chung

Tom Kunich wrote:
"Raptor" wrote in message
Bill C wrote:
On Mar 7, 10:05 am, Raptor wrote:

Forum: Racing March 8th 07, 04:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 60
Posted By Raptor
Hey Chung

Bill C wrote:
On Mar 7, 10:05 am, Raptor wrote:

Suitcase nukes from Saddam is just re-badged "smoking gun in the form a
mushroom cloud." Go tell it to someone...
Forum: Racing March 7th 07, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 60
Posted By Raptor
Hey Chung

Tom Kunich wrote:
"Raptor" wrote in message

But you're otherwise right. Anyone paying close enough...
Forum: Racing March 7th 07, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 60
Posted By Raptor
Hey Chung

Bill C wrote:
On Mar 7, 12:11 am, Raptor wrote:
wrote:
On Mar 6, 4:31 am, "Bill C" wrote:
... I'm in total agreement on...
Forum: Racing March 7th 07, 06:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 60
Posted By Raptor
Hey Chung

Bill C wrote:
Add Scooter Libby to the list of fall guys who got tossed to the
wolves while the people actually calling the shots, and orchestrating
this stuff walk free. Watch 'em tie it up...
Forum: Racing March 7th 07, 06:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 60
Posted By Raptor
Hey Chung

wrote:
On Mar 6, 4:31 am, "Bill C" wrote:

... I'm in total agreement on hanging Bush and Co. after the election, as
long as you don't hold...
Forum: Racing March 7th 07, 06:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 60
Posted By Raptor
Hey Chung

Bill C wrote:
On Mar 6, 12:19 am, Raptor wrote:
Al Qaeda in Iraq is still the dominant "civic" force in Anbar province.

Since I was fully in favor of sending US...
Forum: Racing March 6th 07, 06:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 16
Posted By Raptor
No candy-assing allowed

wrote:
Vino wins the TdF. You heard it here, first.

Fred

I like, but... team strength.

--
Lynn Wallace
Forum: Racing March 6th 07, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
Dumbass -

I think we should get out. They really, really want to kill each
other. There's been so much bloodletting, so much that under their
cultural obligation to...
Forum: Racing March 1st 07, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 168
Posted By Raptor
The Writing is on the Wall

Tom Kunich wrote:
"Raptor" wrote in message
Stu Fleming wrote:
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
Forum: Racing February 28th 07, 06:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 168
Posted By Raptor
The Writing is on the Wall

Stu Fleming wrote:
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/26/AR2007022600733.html

Five western states to bypass Bush on climate

By...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 14th 07, 06:35 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 19
Posted By Raptor
RR (WR): A humbling experience

Paladin wrote:
Same with Moab riding, (and presumably Fruita). They're such famous
riding destinations, that mediocre riders come out and bring their
kids and are shocked at how danged tough...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 12th 07, 07:25 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 19
Posted By Raptor
RR (WR): A humbling experience

Micheal Artindale wrote:
I am only out here likely till May, and plan more rides. If I stay here
longer, I would be getting a good bike, and use this one for going around
town.

A good bike...
Forum: Racing January 14th 07, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By Raptor
How fast is too fast (to breathe)?

How long does it take for the lungs to transfer "sufficient" or
"optimal" O2 and CO2 to/from the blood?

I watch people on TV climbing Everest and they don't seem to be
breathing very fast. When I...
Forum: Mountain Biking January 14th 07, 05:11 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 11
Posted By Raptor
hardtail VS fullsuspension, hardtails don't recoil

Slack wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 21:30:49 -0800, Raptor wrote:
I have yet to see a full-suspension trials bike.

http://www.trialstrainingcenter.com/
Forum: Mountain Biking January 12th 07, 06:30 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 11
Posted By Raptor
hardtail VS fullsuspension, hardtails don't recoil

LIBERATOR wrote:
Well I need a new bike.

I might be able to get a bike store to help me seeing how I have no
money.

But contemplation I have is that I've seen many guys crash due to...
Forum: Racing January 10th 07, 06:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 12
Posted By Raptor
The sad sport....

Callistus Valerius wrote:
While participating in an organized ride, we saw one of the riders in
the front mowed down by a car. The rider was medivaced out with a
helicopter. One rider...
Forum: Mountain Biking December 21st 06, 07:14 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 12
Posted By Raptor
Denver?

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Oh, it's white alright. A white-out. I can't see across the street. I
have not figured out how I will get my car out of the four foot snow
drift either. It doesn't seem...
Forum: Mountain Biking December 21st 06, 07:06 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 49
Posted By Raptor
Let's discuss Indoor training

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Giant Yukon MTB Girl:
I don't do well with stairmasters; issues with lower back pain.

I've been having that lately too.

My theory is that it's hamstring...
Forum: Mountain Biking December 21st 06, 07:04 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 49
Posted By Raptor
Let's discuss Indoor training

Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:
Pete, I don't do well with stairmasters; issues with lower back pain.
Therefore the bike is the only thing for me really.
I know $400 is alot, but I think it's well...
Forum: Mountain Biking December 7th 06, 05:05 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 14
Posted By Raptor
RR: To ride with a World Champion

Paladin wrote:
The funniest thing about the hour long spin, is she would have us
adding resisitance to the spin, and she'd be ratcheting it up to, but
she was still spinning at 150rpms no...
Forum: Mountain Biking December 7th 06, 05:03 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 14
Posted By Raptor
RR: To ride with a World Champion

Paladin wrote:
yeah, which reminds me of a philosophical debate with the guy I rode
with last night. Is it pretty gals who go out to run, ride, etc., or
do the activities help make them...
Forum: Mountain Biking November 28th 06, 06:19 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 46
Posted By Raptor
RR: Losing her cherry (Klondike Bluffs)

JD wrote:
Raptor wrote:
I'm a modestly expert mountain biker

I'd like to put that notion to the test some day, spinnerboy.

So would I. Hey, I did say "modest." It takes me more than two...
Forum: Mountain Biking November 26th 06, 10:03 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 46
Posted By Raptor
RR: Losing her cherry (Klondike Bluffs)

I'm a modestly expert mountain biker, having ridden almost since there
were mountain bikes. Now I'm not going to plunge down a cliff and my
ballsyness diminishes with age, but if "lots" of others...
Forum: Mountain Biking November 15th 06, 06:21 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 15
Posted By Raptor
Bike security

johnbond wrote:
Just have a very expensive mountain bike stolen! I have secured it was a
d-lock and a wire in a plastic type cable which was wrapped around it.

Somehow someone manage to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 174