Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Forum: UK May 7th 09, 03:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Hayfever

Sure, mind over matter is important; not sure that thinking can be
applied to all medical conditions though can it...
Forum: UK May 7th 09, 12:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Hayfever

After being on the bike the last couple of days, I've suddenly
developed what I can only assume is chronic hayfever. I've suffered
slightly from this in the past but never had it so bad as in the...
Forum: UK April 22nd 09, 10:14 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Take my bike to Amsterdam?

Like I said, I cycled around most of Holland. I felt comfortable
leaving my bike unattended for short periods. That's what brought my
guard down when I got to Amsterdam. I took my eyes off it...
Forum: UK April 22nd 09, 12:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
'Anyone who uses a vehicle as a weapon goes to prison'...myexperience

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities
of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men."
Forum: UK April 22nd 09, 11:58 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Take my bike to Amsterdam?

I had my bike nicked in Amsterdam by some f***ing junkie. My own
fault really.

The rest of Holland there is no problem.
Forum: UK April 20th 09, 09:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
'Anyone who uses a vehicle as a weapon goes to prison'...myexperience

Hi,

I'm resposting this in response to the post below about thugs using
cars as weapons:

4 and a half years ago, the exact same thing happened to me, except,
fortunately, my bike took the brunt of...
Forum: UK April 20th 09, 08:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Cycling in Britain is Crap

I went out for my first 'summer' ride today. On 3 different
occasions, 3 female drivers accelerated ahead of me just as we were
approaching left turns, and pulled across me. Yes, all 3 were
female!...
Forum: UK April 20th 09, 08:02 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
'Anyone who uses a vehicle as a weapon goes to prison'.

Hi,

4 and a half years ago, the exact same thing happened to me, except,
fortunately, my bike took the brunt of the damage. I went to the
police and all the reports etc were taken down. However,...
Forum: UK April 2nd 09, 09:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Rebuilding a Crank Brothers Egg Beater Pedal

Didn't know about 2Pure - thanks for posting that.
Forum: UK March 31st 09, 09:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Rebuilding a Crank Brothers Egg Beater Pedal

Hello,

I'm currently trying to rebuild my egg beater pedals. I've followed
the instructions closely but I am unable to remove the spindle. (Mine
are the sort that require a 9mm hex spanner to...
Forum: UK March 24th 09, 09:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Dishonest bike shops

Unfortunately, far too often, I've had the experience of going into a
bike shop for a 5-10 minute bit of maintenance only to be rebuffed
with a 'Can't do it now, mate - have to book it in - 1 week...
Forum: UK March 24th 09, 09:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Glass from accidents

As I was cycling into central London today along my usual route from
North London, I was dismayed at the amount of smashed glass on the
road from where there had obviously been accidents previously;...
Forum: UK January 21st 09, 02:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Heart Rate monitor

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good Heart rate monitor. I'm only after a
basic version for use with cycling and running.

Also, does anyone know if the basic ones come with a countdown
function, where...
Forum: UK November 16th 08, 02:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Recommended helmets

Hi, I need a new helmet.

I've had a Met Ippogrifo for the last few years, which suited my
largish head. However, I'd like something a bit more modern.

Any tips?
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14