Showing results 1 to 25 of 325
Search took 1.81 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MJ Ray
Forum: UK September 28th 08, 07:11 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,cam.transport
Replies: 49
Posted By MJ Ray
Cycling Stats : was Don't feed the troll - was Earn ?50 In Under A Minute (was: Earn ?50 In Under A Minute)

"Tim Ward" wrote:
"judith" wrote in message
Did you see the latest figures from the DfT?
Forum: UK May 26th 08, 12:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By MJ Ray
Red light jumper gets short shrift.

Paul Boyd wrote:
You should try a newly installed one in Weston-super-Mare (by Asda, for
the locals!). [...madness...] The council's response to my
complaint was that...
Forum: UK April 21st 08, 10:39 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.local.southwest
Replies: 1
Posted By MJ Ray
North Somerset Cycle Forum

North Somerset Cycle Forum will meet at the Campus, near Worle
Station, at 6pm on Thursday 24 April. For more info, watch
http://www.n-somerset.gov.uk/Transport/Travel/Cycling/cycleforum.htm

The...
Forum: UK April 21st 08, 10:39 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 33
Posted By MJ Ray
gg Cycle lane chicanes

Paul Boyd wrote:
Mark wrote:
Here's a couple of photos:
http://tinyurl.com/5d4nyz

Bloody hell - how on earth can anyone "designing" those chicanes not see
Forum: Racing April 9th 08, 10:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By MJ Ray
Eurosport live streaming

Bob Schwartz
http://eurosport.yahoo.com/07042008/58/live-streaming-schedule.html
G-W is listed.

This is small screen stuff, but it's free. The quality...
Forum: Racing April 1st 08, 09:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By MJ Ray
Does cycling.tv always suck this bad

"David B." wrote:
They have a great idea but nobody to execute it. I thought when they
got bought out that it might improve. Guess not.

People keep paying them - what...
Forum: UK March 25th 08, 09:35 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By MJ Ray
Birmingham cycle strategy consultation

naked_draughtsman wrote:
I was sent this link yesterday about a consultation exercise about the
proposed cycle strategy being drawn up by Birmingham City...
Forum: UK March 18th 08, 04:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By MJ Ray
Cavendish at Tirreno-Adriatico

At least three of Team High Road were crocked before the end,
but could they really not muster any lead-out train?

Has Cavendish upset them all or something?

He did well anyway, but that was...
Forum: UK March 9th 08, 04:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 54
Posted By MJ Ray
"Cycling as a mass form of transport is pure fantasy"

wrote:
[...] If the complaint was that UEA were not providing
helicopter landing pads for the use of students, nobody would take it
seriously. [...]

I believe the landing pad...
Forum: UK March 9th 08, 04:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 54
Posted By MJ Ray
"Cycling as a mass form of transport is pure fantasy"

JNugent wrote:
*If* they don't want to rely on buses (I rule out general reliance on
taxis) and *if* they want to move faster and/or further than they can
walk, I think the...
Forum: UK March 6th 08, 11:46 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 36
Posted By MJ Ray
For the geek who has everything ...

Paul Boyd wrote:
On 03/03/2008 20:11, Rob Morley said,
Going into Congresbury only adds about 4 miles to the trip according to
RAC Routeplanner. From the satellite...
Forum: UK March 3rd 08, 08:17 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By MJ Ray
GPS Cycle Routes

David Damerell wrote:
[google maps] degrades to a JS-free interface with clicky buttons for
moving and zooming, and furthermore the normal interface is a rare...
Forum: UK February 27th 08, 11:45 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By MJ Ray
GPS Cycle Routes

wrote:
The site is free and can be seen at
http://www.gps-routes.co.uk

I can read the descriptions and see the files for download (althought I
don't have a GPS unit) but the...
Forum: UK February 27th 08, 11:45 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By MJ Ray
Good service!

Paul Boyd usenet.is.worse@plusnet wrote: [...]
My PO is only a mile away and opens early so I can pop in on the way to
work. Not many customers queuing at 7am!!

Not the same story for most...
Forum: UK February 27th 08, 11:45 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By MJ Ray
Crap Cycle Lanes hit the News

Mark T
This might work when they've changed that page (doesn't look like they keep
the stories up for long):
Forum: UK February 24th 08, 12:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 110
Posted By MJ Ray
Incident and police response

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:
As London indicates, the more of them there are the less of a
problem it is. They grind to a halt, we carry on unimpeded.

I had my first...
Forum: UK February 24th 08, 12:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 110
Posted By MJ Ray
Incident and police response

Dylan Smith wrote: [...]
You assert that the cycle track was "expensive" - what is this based on?
Last time I went to the UK, the cycle facilities I saw were anything...
Forum: UK February 24th 08, 10:58 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By MJ Ray
Limbo cycling on NCN1

Alex Potter wrote:
On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 19:34:18 +0000, Tom Crispin wrote:
www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/limbo

Grid Reference TQ350880
[...]
How...
Forum: UK February 24th 08, 10:58 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 40
Posted By MJ Ray
Is this a superhuman cyclist?

Paul Boyd wrote:
On 15/02/2008 19:59, Ouch! said,
I do have shorts, or underwear with 'panels'. The saddle is one of those
V ones with gel in it (can't remember name),...
Forum: Racing February 17th 08, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 26
Posted By MJ Ray
UK Eurosports in USA?

wrote:
The name Eurosport is also sort of Pan-European name that I doubt was
intended to be taken as English.

I don't know - Sport refers to all sport in English...
Forum: UK January 27th 08, 07:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By MJ Ray
farcility of the month.

" wrote:
A serious problem! On the outskirts of Edinburgh there is a weak
bridge that has been narrowed and has light controlled...
Forum: UK January 27th 08, 07:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 37
Posted By MJ Ray
BBC1 Breakfast

(Ekul Namsob)
naked_draughtsman wrote:
I was hit by a bus on Thursday. Second to being told I'm in plaster
for at...
Forum: UK January 23rd 08, 01:10 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 443
Posted By MJ Ray
Connect2

Mark T
Ok, so we go with the 'LAW' study:

"Surprisingly, bicycle facilities where no motor vehicles are allowed
showed...
Forum: UK January 23rd 08, 01:10 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 443
Posted By MJ Ray
Connect2

Mark T
Please address messages to the group rather than individuals.

It was a question to Paul.

So...
Forum: UK January 17th 08, 11:32 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 443
Posted By MJ Ray
Connect2

Mark T