Showing results 1 to 25 of 47
Search took 0.84 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Fred
Forum: General September 1st 07, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By Fred
Tips on riding no-handed?

Just A User wrote:
Smokey wrote:
I'm still a novice at bicycling and there are a lot of skills I
haven't mastered. One of them is riding no-handed. I can easily do it
on a motorcycle, but...
Forum: General August 18th 07, 03:58 PM Posted to pdx.general,or.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.true-crime,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 680
Posted By Fred
Raged motorist strikes two cyclists

Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:
Paul Berg wrote:
The cyclists, 25-year-old Ben Ramsdell and 41-year-old Timothy Mastne,
were taken to OHSU. Their injuries were not...
Forum: General August 8th 07, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 38
Posted By Fred
Visa- *NOT* everywhere you want to be

wrote:
On Aug 6, 8:20 pm, fred wrote:
Three years ago, I went to Ireland (Republic of). I took travellers
cheques (Visa) as I don't use credit cards. I...
Forum: General August 7th 07, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 38
Posted By Fred
Visa- *NOT* everywhere you want to be

Three years ago, I went to Ireland (Republic of). I took travellers
cheques (Visa) as I don't use credit cards. I was shocked as I was
charged a fee every time I cashed the darn things, even at...
Forum: UK August 5th 07, 03:32 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 123
Posted By Fred
Arthritis, advice please...

wrote:
Well, for the past 6 weeks I've been off my bike because of knee pain.
I went to the doc. who diagnosed osteo-arthritis (SP?). I've been for
an Xray, and have...
Forum: UK August 3rd 07, 02:11 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Fred
Bendy buses are the work of the devil

Danny Colyer wrote:
On 02/08/2007 16:11, Roger Merriman wrote:
i don't know but buses do seem remarkbly awful drivers be you driving or
riding.

Or a passenger. Bus drivers round here...
Forum: General July 29th 07, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 63
Posted By Fred
Commuting by bike not cost effective?

wrote:
On Jul 23, 10:00 am, wrote:
This weekend I biked the 12 miles to work to see if it could be done.
It took around 1 hour and a half, however, I...
Forum: Techniques July 23rd 07, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics.usa
Replies: 228
Posted By Fred
Braking the Fixie

Bill Shatzer wrote:
still me wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 08:16:22 -0700, (Paul J. Berg)
wrote:

snip

"After it initially went through, I had a lot of...
Forum: General July 23rd 07, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics.usa
Replies: 242
Posted By Fred
Braking the Fixie

wrote:

snip

"After it initially went through, I had a lot of...
Forum: General July 23rd 07, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Fred
Bike Shows?

wrote:
Hello Cyclists,

I'm now watching the local news. And they just gleefully mentioned the
greatness and fun of my city's car show:
The Appleton Old Car Show.

Forum: UK July 19th 07, 12:28 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Fred
Should I have?

Mike the unimaginative wrote:
dkahn400 wrote in
:

On Jul 17, 10:54 am, Simon Brooke...
Forum: General July 16th 07, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 70
Posted By Fred
Why are most older people brush passers?

wrote:
On Jul 16, 12:36 am, Duke of Hazard
wrote:
My observation is that a large percentage of brush passers tend to be
70+ year old drivers?...
Forum: UK June 26th 07, 12:15 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 220
Posted By Fred
Law-abiding majority 'is a myth'

I think part of it is due to the nanny state. When the laws are simple,
straightforward and rational and do what law is supposed to do (provide
a framework within which masses of people can...
Forum: General June 22nd 07, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Fred
When your memory is better than your legs

Luigi de Guzman wrote:
Just five miles today, just over ten miles an hour rolling average. I'm
disgusted.

I've been off my bike too long, and I'm even fatter now than I was back
when I...
Forum: General June 17th 07, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Fred
Why does it cost more to rent a bike than a car?

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
I've been thinking about this, since I'm about to be traveling for almost
3 months, without my own bike:

Forum: Racing June 11th 07, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Fred
Blood Values

Cathy Kearns wrote:
wrote in message
I usually donate about four times a year. This year I think I'm up to
Forum: General June 11th 07, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 9
Posted By Fred
Blood Values

Cathy Kearns wrote:
wrote in message
I usually donate about four times a year. This year I think I'm up to
Forum: Racing June 7th 07, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Fred
Blood Values

wrote:
The day before yesterday I did my yearly visit to the vampires. I
usually try to go for June 11th since that is the anniversary of my
fabulous all expenses...
Forum: General June 7th 07, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 9
Posted By Fred
Blood Values

wrote:
The day before yesterday I did my yearly visit to the vampires. I
usually try to go for June 11th since that is the anniversary of my
fabulous all expenses...
Forum: General June 5th 07, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.martial-arts,sci.physics,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 31
Posted By Fred
relativity

wrote:
Sam who? writes:

A bicyclist is climbing a steep hill, 5 mph. Another is heading
down, 30 mph. Same size, same bikes. They collide.

Who gets...
Forum: UK May 30th 07, 02:18 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 28
Posted By Fred
The Social Ideology of the Motorcar

Tony B wrote:
http://www.bikereader.com/contributors/misc/gorz.html

Just read a piece on cardeology, difficult to pick fault with it either.

I disagree with the premise that if everyone has a...
Forum: General May 13th 07, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By Fred
the accessory that cannot be mentioned...

landotter wrote:
On May 12, 4:33 pm, Will wrote:
So... this morning I was out for a cruiser and somehow drafted the
most inconsequential twig looking...
Forum: General May 8th 07, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 243
Posted By Fred
Cyclist Road Rage

wrote:
On May 2, 10:19 pm, "Gooserider" wrote:

He doesn't HAVE to "hug the rightmost part of the lane". The law in most
areas says the...
Forum: General May 8th 07, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 45
Posted By Fred
Do people here care about doping?

Great question, Mike.

I don't really care about watching sports. I'd rather be doing sports.
The only time I really enjoy watching sports is when I see
relatively ordinary shlubs like me, or...
Forum: General April 29th 07, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 18
Posted By Fred
Bicycle jersey ideas

Veloise wrote:
AARP needs one with their logo.

So does the Red Hat Society.

--Karen D.
a member!

Why limit it to Red Hat? Why not a general Linux jersey?
Showing results 1 to 25 of 47