Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 2.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: philcycles[_2_]
Forum: Techniques December 3rd 08, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 94
Posted By philcycles[_2_]
RST #541: Why does the stem stick out forward?

On Dec 3, 9:09 am, Brian Nystrom wrote:

Perhaps I ride differently than you, but I never push the bars to the
left or the right. At speed, I lean the bike to turn....
Forum: Techniques November 24th 08, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By philcycles[_2_]
Fender mounted TAIL light

On Nov 21, 9:08 pm, Carl Sundquist wrote:
Does anyone make a RED tail light designed to fit onto a rear fender?
The only fender mounted light I found was

Any light with a...
Forum: Techniques November 14th 08, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 37
Posted By philcycles[_2_]
Parcel trailer?

Instructables.com has several home made trailers in its library.
Phil Brown
Forum: Techniques November 14th 08, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By philcycles[_2_]
Recommendations for Xtracycle base bike

On Nov 14, 9:21 am, JennyB wrote:
On Nov 14, 3:50 am, Chalo wrote: JennyB wrote:

Now that my 20-year-old Cannondale has finally given...
Forum: Techniques October 29th 08, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By philcycles[_2_]
FD interferes with rear fender

On Oct 29, 7:17 am, Mike Rocket J Squirrel
wrote:
On 10/29/2008 6:14 AM wrote:

On Oct 28, 6:14 pm, Mike Rocket J Squirrel
Forum: Techniques October 11th 08, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By philcycles[_2_]
XTR Derailleur on Road Bike

On Oct 9, 9:15 pm, patnbobatunwireddotcomdotau wrote:
I've just got hold of a Shimano XTR rear derailleur for my Road Bike.
I'm a bit unhappy yhat the literature doesn't say ther is no...
Forum: Techniques September 11th 08, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By philcycles[_2_]
Digital Converter Box TV

On Sep 11, 7:30 am, Crescentius Vespasianus
wrote:
I know this is rbt, but I wondering if anyone has hooked up dtv
convertor box, and if it's worth it, any insights, or...
Forum: Techniques August 11th 08, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By philcycles[_2_]
spoke count- MTB vs Road?

On Aug 9, 9:58 am, "res09c5t" wrote:
Hi all,
I'm a roadie who's thinking about building a mountain bike. I'm a bit of a
Clydesdale, about 6'3" and 220 lbs. On...
Forum: Techniques June 14th 08, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By philcycles[_2_]
700C wheels and 27" cantilever brakes - any match possible?

On Jun 12, 1:14 pm, Brian Huntley wrote:

Can you name any of those Shimano models, Phil? That's more or less
what I started out looking for.

Sorry, not off hand....
Forum: Techniques June 12th 08, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By philcycles[_2_]
700C wheels and 27" cantilever brakes - any match possible?

On Jun 11, 6:06 pm, A Muzi wrote:
Brake bosses are brazed within a range of both height and width so,
depending on the actual bike and rim width, "maybe". This is not a
Forum: Techniques June 4th 08, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By philcycles[_2_]
NEW TO BIKES...and have some questions

On Jun 3, 2:47 am, Twitchell wrote:

I live in Marin county CA....maybe that explains it.

twitch

You've been given good advise here and here's some more. I...
Forum: Techniques May 22nd 08, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By philcycles[_2_]
Replace handlebars

On May 21, 11:47 am, dcg wrote:
I bought a Motobecane mountain bike:

http://www.motobecane.com/MBUSA5ht.html

For a better fit, I'd like bars that rise up a bit higher. I...
Forum: Techniques May 13th 08, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By philcycles[_2_]
Campagnolo wheels...on a car?

On May 12, 1:36 pm, Dave Lehnen wrote:
snip
My 1978 Ducati Darmah (long since sold) came with Campagnolo magnesium
wheels. Beautiful, but probably a little...
Forum: Techniques May 10th 08, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By philcycles[_2_]
Cannondale Question..........

On May 10, 4:59 am, EADGBE wrote:
I found a used Cannondale bicycle in top condition, but I am having
trouble finding out which model it is.

I think I have narrowed...
Forum: Techniques March 10th 08, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By philcycles[_2_]
any road pump recommendations ?

On Mar 8, 5:46 pm, Jay Beattie wrote:

Unlike Phil, I have broken Silca pumps at the top of the pump body
(where the cap screws in to the body) and had pump shafts...
Forum: Techniques March 8th 08, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By philcycles[_2_]
any road pump recommendations ?

In 50 years of riding my Silcas have never failed me.
Phil Brown
Forum: Techniques March 5th 08, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By philcycles[_2_]
Replace drop bars & stem?

On Mar 5, 1:21 am, meb
wrote:

I'd expect the stem is so much stronger than those bars, there wouldn't
be much damage the bars could impat to the stem....
Forum: Techniques January 10th 08, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By philcycles[_2_]
Adjusting the Campy Headclip-style headset?

Tom Nakashima wrote:

This is my procedure for adjusting the headset with a headclip just
from experience of having a good mechanical feel and playing around with the
headset:
1. Adjust the...
Forum: Techniques January 9th 08, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By philcycles[_2_]
Adjusting the Campy Headclip-style headset?

Tom Nakashima wrote:

Yes Phil,
indeed it is the older headclip-headset off a 1968 Cinelli SC Pista.
I wasn't sure if the headclip is part of Campagnolo or not.
I'm having trouble with your...
Forum: Techniques January 8th 08, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By philcycles[_2_]
Adjusting the Campy Headclip-style headset?

Sorry. forget the first post, read the second. No screwed race on a
headclip. Darn this keyboard.
Phil Brown
Forum: Techniques January 8th 08, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By philcycles[_2_]
Adjusting the Campy Headclip-style headset?

Tom Nakashima wrote:
Not sure if I'm adjusting the Campagnolo headclip-style headset
correct. This is the headset which has a headclip for the handlebar stem. I
carefully cleaned and regreased...
Forum: Techniques January 8th 08, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Tom Nakashima wrote:
Not sure if I'm adjusting the Campagnolo headclip-style headset
correct. This is the headset which has a headclip for the handlebar stem. I
carefully cleaned and regreased...
Forum: Techniques December 22nd 07, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 54
Posted By philcycles[_2_]
When do you know it's over?

When the fat lady either sings or steps out in front of you.
Phil Brown
Forum: Techniques December 5th 07, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 37
Posted By philcycles[_2_]
Bent derailleur hanger repair?

datakoll wrote:
that's a pretty sharp bend there Phil
anyway there's a sense of humor here
if it's heated, the DO will come off.
that's brings us back to AMuzi's slide show
suggesting, like...
Forum: Techniques December 4th 07, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 37
Posted By philcycles[_2_]
Bent derailleur hanger repair?

datakoll wrote:
get the wheel off, replace a 1/2 or larger threaded rod with nuts/
washers in the droputs, then find an aluminum fabricator if aluminum
or a welder who brazes.
The experienced...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37