Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.29 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Roger Thorpe[_5_]
Forum: UK August 22nd 08, 02:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 158
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_5_]
Roundabouts

judith wrote:

You are right - I will not bother - I am not interested in the past -
I do know he did say a number of untrue and unpleasant things about
me. (Also lying and being caught...
Forum: UK August 22nd 08, 12:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 158
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_5_]
Roundabouts

judith wrote:

The thread appears to me to have been sensible questions with sensible
answers - hardly a trolling exercise. I see nothing from the OP which
is even a hint of trolling. ...
Forum: UK August 21st 08, 05:28 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 158
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_5_]
Roundabouts

Tim Dunne wrote:
craven wrote:

what a thick ****

A good afternoon to you too, sir.

there are in excess of 500 posts in the group at the moment with that
in the header - are...
Forum: UK August 21st 08, 05:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 158
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_5_]
Roundabouts

craven wrote:

what a thick ****

And another 'new' poster pops up with the profile on google groups
that reads:
'This account has been banned because it violated the Google Groups
Terms Of...
Forum: UK August 21st 08, 04:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 158
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_5_]
Roundabouts

Trevor Brown wrote:
"Jackbike" me@somewhere wrote in message
Yep, I'm with Dave on this one. 700 posts, anyone want to take the bet?*

*...
Forum: UK August 21st 08, 02:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 158
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_5_]
Roundabouts

novice wrote:
Rob Morley wrote:
Negotiate roundabouts as you would in a car, putting yourself in
the middle of the appropriate lane so any following driver can see you
and tell where...
Forum: UK August 21st 08, 11:56 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 56
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_5_]
Olympics track cycling events

Tom Anderson wrote:

I watched some last night. Rather good, i thought!

Indeed, it seems to me that although it isn't anywher near as athletic
as track cycling, there's loads more skill to...
Forum: UK August 20th 08, 02:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 154
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_5_]
Ho ho ho

nully wrote:

More pedantry. Okay, would you prefer it if I changed the text you
quoted to "Not 20%, but at least 98% of speeding motorists are fined."?

Ah good! Negotiation. "everybody loves...
Forum: UK August 19th 08, 04:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 154
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_5_]
Ho ho ho

A.C.P.Crawshaw wrote:
nully wrote:

Not 20%, but 100% of speeding motorists are fined.

Utter ********. Not even 100% of motorists *caught* speeding are fined.
I know several people...
Forum: UK August 19th 08, 10:22 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal,uk.misc
Replies: 24
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_5_]
Fat is the best food.

Bazzer Smith wrote:

I wonder how long it will be for the scientic community
admits this, and canI sue them for lying to me/us.

If you think that the scientific community have been telling us...
Forum: UK August 19th 08, 10:15 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_5_]
The rise of British cycling (sport that is)

suer wrote:

It's good to see that Hog Hill Race Circuit opens in Redbridge tomorrow
(10am) to replace Eastway Cycle Circuit which was dug-up to make way for
the London Olympics stadium.

Forum: UK August 18th 08, 02:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_5_]
re enamelling a 531 Frame

Ace wrote:
On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 11:49:22 +0100, "Mike P"
wrote:

It's looking scruffy and I'd like to get it repainted. Years ago, I got my
frame renamelled up...
Forum: UK August 18th 08, 02:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Roger Thorpe[_5_]
re enamelling a 531 Frame

nully wrote:

You dont need an oven. I used a hot air gun to do my rear axle.

Why on earth would you paint an axle?

Roger Thorpe
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13