Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.81 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Skip
Forum: General March 27th 08, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Skip
GPS systems

"peter" wrote in message
I've been using a Garmin eMap for almost 10 years now on both day
rides...
Forum: General March 26th 08, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By Skip
Headwind stories?

Not exactly a "headwind" story, but one that is strong in my mind.

About 35 years ago, Mike J. (yes -- that Mike J.) and I were cycling across
the Golden Gate Bridge (in San Francisco). With the...
Forum: General March 26th 08, 02:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 41
Posted By Skip
Favorite music while bicycling

"Dennis P. Harris" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 03:15:40 GMT in rec.bicycles.misc, JCrowe
Forum: General March 5th 08, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 28
Posted By Skip
$2,000,000,000,000 nightmare

wrote in message
Jobst, when are you going to accept the fact that, just because you
know how...
Forum: General February 29th 08, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 33
Posted By Skip
Wheel Truing Tutorial

Because JB is snotty and pedantic.

Yes, but Jobst also knows his stuff cold and is a true expert on the bicycle
wheel.
You won't find a better "expert". Sheldon Brown probably was more diverse,...
Forum: Techniques February 29th 08, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 47
Posted By Skip
Wheel Truing Tutorial

Because JB is snotty and pedantic.

Yes, but Jobst also knows his stuff cold and is a true expert on the bicycle
wheel.
You won't find a better "expert". Sheldon Brown probably was more diverse,...
Forum: General February 10th 08, 06:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 104
Posted By Skip
Nailed by Hit and Run

"Cathy Kearns" wrote in message

Last week my husband succumbed to lymphoma, leaving behind two daughters,
the...
Forum: General November 28th 07, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 175
Posted By Skip
Speed vs. need for helmet?

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

The more laid back one is, the less likely the head will be at the point
of...
Forum: General November 28th 07, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 175
Posted By Skip
Speed vs. need for helmet?

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Dennis P. Harris wrote:

(credible population studies show no statistically...
Forum: General November 5th 07, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By Skip
The incredible bicycle (today's diary rambling)

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message

Maybe you should come out for our annual Thanksgiving-Day ride? We might
Forum: General November 5th 07, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By Skip
The incredible bicycle (today's diary rambling)

"Ted" wrote in message
I am sure Mike has lots of friends who can say the same. Keep up the
good work.

Mike's...
Forum: General October 27th 07, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By Skip
Former Quarterback Invents New Helmet

"DougC" wrote in message
Mike Kruger wrote:

I try to avoid buying running shoes that have air pillows in them, because
it's...
Forum: General September 30th 07, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Skip
130 mph on a mountain bike

"bdbafh" wrote in message
http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/09/bike-hits-1307-.html

"33 year old Austrian Markus...
Forum: Rides September 10th 07, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 2
Posted By Skip
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED TO BUILD BIKE TRAIL

A bit hard for me to help with, as I would need to come from California.

My daugher is closer (in school in Gambier) but is not a bicyclist and has
other things to do.

Sorry,
- Skip (from the...
Forum: General September 10th 07, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 2
Posted By Skip
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED TO BUILD BIKE TRAIL

A bit hard for me to help with, as I would need to come from California.

My daugher is closer (in school in Gambier) but is not a bicyclist and has
other things to do.

Sorry,
- Skip (from the...
Forum: General September 3rd 07, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 30
Posted By Skip
Benefits of Carbon Frames

"Luke" wrote in message
Be selective when reading these reviews; they are often erroneous. Eg.
the first review of...
Forum: General May 31st 07, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 41
Posted By Skip
Do you use a mirror and which type?

"Pete Derkowski" wrote in message
I ride a road bike and used a mirror that clips onto the frame of my
glasses - but I...
Forum: General May 13th 07, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 16
Posted By Skip
2 people, 2 bikes and a 700 sqft apartment

wrote in message
Basically, we can't really mount something to the walls or
ceiling, a la the hooks, and are...
Forum: General January 15th 07, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 26
Posted By Skip
fixed speed

"Werehatrack" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 21:34:06 GMT, "nash"
may have...
Forum: General December 31st 06, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 16
Posted By Skip
When 12 volts is not 9.6 volts

"peter" wrote in message
The latter is close enough
for many devices designed to run on the nominal 1.5...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20