Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: R C Nesbit
Forum: UK February 15th 12, 10:56 AM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.sheds
Replies: 100
Posted By R C Nesbit
2 second rule on motorways

Andrew Marshall spoke:
Like that PPI-ambulance chasing firm that keeps ringing me? I've never
had PPI, my number is ex-directory and we're on the TPS list - that
means anyone ringing me is...
Forum: UK February 15th 12, 09:34 AM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.sheds
Replies: 100
Posted By R C Nesbit
2 second rule on motorways

Alex Heney spoke:
I was in a very dense, quite slow moving line of traffic passing the
results of a minor accident that was on the hard shoulder (with police
in attendance), Because I *was*...
Forum: UK February 15th 12, 09:34 AM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.sheds
Replies: 100
Posted By R C Nesbit
2 second rule on motorways

Paul - xxx spoke:
A "crossover" from the opposite carriageway can stop a car dead.
It is admittedly rare.

It's so rare it can be discounted in the normal scheme of things ...

Which is...
Forum: UK February 14th 12, 07:10 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.sheds
Replies: 100
Posted By R C Nesbit
2 second rule on motorways

Jgharston spoke:
One of the most effective lessons was to take
learners out onto a 60mph country lane,

Sheffield Parkway is all but a motorway, and is very useful for
practising...
Forum: UK February 14th 12, 01:10 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.sheds
Replies: 100
Posted By R C Nesbit
2 second rule on motorways

Skipweasel spoke:
It's a shame we can't implement the simplest fix, which isn't a
technological fix, but a social one - teach people the dangers of
tailgating and make it unacceptable in the...
Forum: UK February 14th 12, 10:29 AM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.sheds
Replies: 100
Posted By R C Nesbit
2 second rule on motorways

Nightjar spoke:
I think that, when they had to find a replacement for asbestos in brake
pads and shoes, they actually ended up with something that wore much better.

But the brake disks are now...
Forum: UK February 14th 12, 09:46 AM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.sheds
Replies: 100
Posted By R C Nesbit
2 second rule on motorways

Tony Haynes spoke:
The problem with the 2 second rolling gap theory is, at speed, in
multiple shunts, that gap rapidly decreases and the car in front could
almost suddenly stop dead. You...
Forum: UK February 14th 12, 08:37 AM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.sheds
Replies: 100
Posted By R C Nesbit
2 second rule on motorways

Alex Heney spoke:
I'm not aware of any motorways in the Uk where you join from a
non-motorway directly into the outside lane (wrongly described as the
"fast lane" by the pillock...
Forum: UK February 13th 12, 11:01 AM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.sheds
Replies: 100
Posted By R C Nesbit
2 second rule on motorways

Tony Haynes spoke:
"But at motorway speeds in the fast lane that you've just joined
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you don't have a chance to react,"

There's your problem, right...
Forum: UK February 13th 12, 10:52 AM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.sheds
Replies: 100
Posted By R C Nesbit
2 second rule on motorways

Mr. Bean spoke:
I feel that that at 70mph, the 2 sec rule between cars is an inadequate
time to avoid a pile up.I would say more like 4 secs.

It'll never catch on - it would cost to much to...
Forum: UK February 13th 12, 09:48 AM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.sheds
Replies: 100
Posted By R C Nesbit
2 second rule on motorways

Skipweasel spoke:

Then bloody slow down, especially in rain, and when joining a motorway
don't jump straight into the overtaking lanes, you pillock!

Depending on the...
Forum: UK February 26th 10, 04:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.buses,uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Replies: 7
Posted By R C Nesbit
Polish Bus Drivers

Steve Fitzgerald spoke: