Bicycling Magazine

joekhul wrote:

The folks I sent the money to is: League of American Bicyclists. They
can be found at www.bikeleague.org

You become a member with them and you get subscribed to Bicycle
Forum: Techniques April 30th 08, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Veloise
Sheldon Brown tribute charities

Hey folks--

I contacted Sheldon's widow Harriet Fell, and she provided this:

"We asked that donations in Sheldon's memory be made to MassBike (a
bicycle advocacy group) or Revels Inc. (a theater...
Forum: General April 30th 08, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Veloise
Sheldon Brown tribute charities

Hey folks--

I contacted Sheldon's widow Harriet Fell, and she provided this:

"We asked that donations in Sheldon's memory be made to MassBike (a
bicycle advocacy group) or Revels Inc. (a theater...
Forum: Techniques April 9th 08, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Veloise
Small front wheel question

Andreas wrote:

You didn't comment on the hints you got so far...

Did too. April 8.

--Karen "reading comprehension" D.
Forum: General April 9th 08, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Veloise
Small front wheel question

Andreas wrote:

You didn't comment on the hints you got so far...

Did too. April 8.

--Karen "reading comprehension" D.
Forum: Techniques April 9th 08, 12:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Veloise
Small front wheel question

Doug wrote:

Why not call up Angle Lake in Seattle/Tacoma, they were the Counterpoint
dealers for many years.
Used to be at 206-878-7457

That may be. The person handling CP, Kelvin, moved to...
Forum: General April 9th 08, 12:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Veloise
Small front wheel question

Doug wrote:

Why not call up Angle Lake in Seattle/Tacoma, they were the Counterpoint
dealers for many years.
Used to be at 206-878-7457

That may be. The person handling CP, Kelvin, moved to...
Forum: General April 8th 08, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By Veloise
Small front wheel question

Interesting comments, all.

Mine is an original Opus (from the Jim Weaver years). It was only
after becoming a rep for the bike (during the Kelvin era) that I knew
anything about a weight limit. My...
Forum: Social Issues April 3rd 08, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 2
Posted By Veloise
Altering lifestyle because you ride a bicycle

Cullen wrote:
I wonder how cycling effects newsroup readers' major life decisions?

For example, in one of my other newsgroups somebody mentioned that
they took a job because it was in cycling...
Forum: General April 2nd 08, 12:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By Veloise
Small front wheel question

Now that we're past April 1...this is really a question for Sheldon
(RIP).

I have a Counterpoint tandem (the original, not a Viewpoint). Spec
sheets from later years indicate that the max weight on...
Forum: Rides April 2nd 08, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Veloise
April 1 remembrance

Bill wrote:
In RBT, "Sheldon" posted the following under "Fitness Breakthrough From
ShelBroCo!":

http://www.jumpsnap.com/index.html

Hurry! Supplies are limited, so act fast!

Sheldon...
Forum: Techniques April 2nd 08, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Veloise
April 1 remembrance

Bill wrote:
In RBT, "Sheldon" posted the following under "Fitness Breakthrough From
ShelBroCo!":

http://www.jumpsnap.com/index.html

Hurry! Supplies are limited, so act fast!

Sheldon...
Forum: General April 2nd 08, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Veloise
April 1 remembrance

Bill wrote:
In RBT, "Sheldon" posted the following under "Fitness Breakthrough From
ShelBroCo!":

http://www.jumpsnap.com/index.html

Hurry! Supplies are limited, so act fast!

Sheldon...
Forum: General March 7th 08, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By Veloise
Rain protection - Check out the cyclist photo

Just yesterday I was realizing how close it was to April 1st and got
very sad when I realized what I'd be missing...

There should be a "Sheldon Lives" bike sticker.
I'd gladly wear...
Forum: General March 6th 08, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By Veloise
Rain protection - Check out the cyclist photo

SHELDON?!?!?
'Zat you?

And aren't you a few weeks early?

Just yesterday I was realizing how close it was to April 1st and got
very sad when I realized what I'd be missing...

Forum: Techniques February 29th 08, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Veloise
New cage mount device added to "Adding Water Bottle Cages toBicycles without Braze-Ons" web site.

SMS wrote:
... new handlebar
mount water bottle cage adapter from Giant. It's not on the Giant web site.

I added it to my web site, "Adding Water Bottle Cages to Bicycles
without Braze-Ons"...
Forum: General February 29th 08, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc

SMS wrote:
... new handlebar
mount water bottle cage adapter from Giant. It's not on the Giant web site.

I added it to my web site, "Adding Water Bottle Cages to Bicycles
without Braze-Ons"...
Forum: General February 27th 08, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc

http://www.nubrella.com/nubrella.php
SHELDON?!?!?
'Zat you?

And aren't you a few weeks early?

--Karen D.
Forum: Rides February 17th 08, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 13
Posted By Veloise
Riding across Wisconsin

Sweet Old Bob wrote:...
Now the good part starts - the rest of the ride is off-rode.
(sic)
Take the Sparta-Elroy trail to Sparta, from Sparta take the LaCrosse
River Trail to Lacrosse. ...
Forum: General February 17th 08, 06:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Veloise
Louisiana water bottle design

Tom wrote:
I've lately seen lots of artsy-craftsy stuff at
the dollar stores: beads, sequins, rhinestones,
shiny appliques, decals and other stick-on-ables.
You could make something of your...
Forum: General February 16th 08, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Veloise
Louisiana water bottle design

Looking for something to use when my street band plays Mardi Gras
music again. Preferred MG colors, or a LBS with a regional name/logo.

Get this: I use a TwoFish velcro bottle cage attached to...
Forum: Rides February 16th 08, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 13
Posted By Veloise
Riding across Wisconsin

On Feb 16, 9:50 am, Bill Taylor wrote:
This is great stuff. I am looking at my maps and making plans. To
re-cap my general intention: Some how get to within a...
Forum: Rides February 16th 08, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 2
Posted By Veloise
Typical multi-day tour price?

Hi folks--

In a different forum, some local posters are going on about this new
weekend music festival, how it'll be a wonderful thing, fantastic line-
up, etc. And it's "only" about $250. One of...
Forum: General February 11th 08, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 16
Posted By Veloise
Danger! Danger! (Worst liability waiver?)

I wrote:
MaybeGOBA2007 featured an excess of whining ("Make it stop
raining!") and maybe someone went dancing in cleats on a city street.

I'm on the GOBA discussion group, will float this...
Forum: Rides February 10th 08, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 13
Posted By Veloise
Riding across Wisconsin

Bill wrote:

I want to start in Luddington only to catch the SS BAdger, but there
doesn't seem to be a good way to get there other than drive, so I want
to start in MI that's accessible...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 132