Showing results 1 to 25 of 81
Search took 0.53 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Adrian Boliston
Forum: UK October 5th 09, 03:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Adrian Boliston
oil on white carpet

"citizen142" wrote in message

A white carpet?

A real cyclist would have chosen an oil coloured one in the first
Forum: UK September 29th 09, 11:19 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Adrian Boliston
Lord Adonis Conference speech

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message

Keitht wrote:

There is no point in providing extra facilities for cyclists at stations
Forum: UK August 26th 09, 04:28 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By Adrian Boliston
New Rail Line proposed

"Tom Crispin" wrote in message

I hope the trains...
Forum: UK August 28th 08, 10:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Adrian Boliston
Single file or two by two.

Graham Harrison wrote:

Every so often I get into a discussion about groups of cyclists
riding two by two instead of in single file. My view is that if you
ride two by two, bunch style, you...
Forum: UK March 21st 08, 10:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Adrian Boliston
just a typical cyclist really

LSMike wrote:

Can't agree with stopping ahead of the line. Sure, it's a minor
issue, but it's unnecessary and illegal. Safety isn't even an excuse,
as if you're the first at the lights, then...
Forum: UK March 11th 08, 04:14 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Adrian Boliston
Gestures to make to speeding motorists?

"Rob Morley" wrote in message

You could try holding your arm out with the palm of your hand facing
them - they'll...
Forum: UK February 21st 08, 01:13 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 110
Posted By Adrian Boliston
Incident and police response

"burtthebike" wrote in message

On monday, riding home, daylight, dry, good visibility, I had an
Forum: UK February 21st 08, 09:31 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Adrian Boliston
Charged for being knocked off his bike

"Paul Boyd" usenet.is.worse@plusnet wrote in message

Martin Bulmer said the following on 20/02/2008 20:39:

The hassle, for both of us, was caused...
Forum: UK February 20th 08, 02:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Adrian Boliston
Charged for being knocked off his bike

"Rob Morley" wrote in message

If the cyclist /started/ to cross when the light was flashing then some
of the blame...
Forum: UK February 20th 08, 11:38 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Adrian Boliston
Charged for being knocked off his bike

"wafflycat" wrote in message
See

Forum: UK February 6th 08, 05:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 69
Posted By Adrian Boliston
Have you ever been fined or stopped for pavement cycling?

"Clive George" wrote in message

"Steve C" wrote in message
Forum: UK February 6th 08, 01:09 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 69
Posted By Adrian Boliston
Have you ever been fined or stopped for pavement cycling?

"Jim Harvest" wrote in message
x-no-archive:naked_draughtsman wrote:

Having said that, closing or restricting a road so...
Forum: UK February 5th 08, 03:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 69
Posted By Adrian Boliston
Have you ever been fined or stopped for pavement cycling?

"bornfree" wrote in message

I was approached the other day by an community support officer after...
Forum: UK December 6th 07, 10:32 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Adrian Boliston
Will this count against me in an accident claim?

wrote in message

Thanks everyone for replying. I guess my main concern was that the
claim for personal injuries...
Forum: UK December 5th 07, 10:33 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Adrian Boliston
Will this count against me in an accident claim?

wrote in message

I'm making a personal injuries claim about a road accident but there's
a bit of a 'grey area' as...
Forum: UK November 30th 07, 10:31 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Adrian Boliston
Accident Advice Wanted (Please!)

"Rob Morley" wrote in message

I doubt that will be enough to cover the OP's claim.

Yep, sounds like £10k+ to me, very...
Forum: UK October 4th 07, 11:59 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 214
Posted By Adrian Boliston
Here we go again

"Clive Sinclair" wrote in message

Are we talking undertaking by the cyclist, or overtaking by the lorry
driver AT a...
Forum: UK September 28th 07, 09:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Adrian Boliston
Left Hook

Tim Woodall wrote:
I got "Left Hooked" today. Fortunately, I screamed at the car and he
stopped. Unfortunately, he never actually got in front of me so I
didn't get his number plate.

Forum: UK September 25th 07, 07:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By Adrian Boliston
idiot motorist of the day (probably OT)

Ian Smith wrote:

But had a deer run from the woodland alongside the road, and the
police driver travelling at great speed reflexively flinched, swerved
across the white line and clipped me at...
Forum: UK September 14th 07, 04:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Adrian Boliston
Unbelievable

"Tom Crispin" wrote in message

This afternoon I turned right out of a side turning, opposite and
Forum: UK September 12th 07, 10:57 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Adrian Boliston
ToB Stage 2

" cupra" wrote in message

Nice atmosphere at the Dunster sprint and Taunton - my first live cycling
event, enjoyed it a...
Forum: UK September 5th 07, 02:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Adrian Boliston
Tour of Britain

" cupra" wrote in message

Adrian Boliston wrote:
Anyone planning on watching this next week?

I notice that it passes...
Forum: UK September 5th 07, 01:11 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Adrian Boliston
Tour of Britain

Anyone planning on watching this next week?

I notice that it passes through Taunton next Tuesday, then does a loop round
West Somerset, then returns to Taunton for the finish in the town centre so...
Forum: UK August 9th 07, 09:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 41
Posted By Adrian Boliston
Cyclists' etiquette

"Paul Boyd" wrote in message

... Then you get the real cyclists, but of the variety known as "right
miserable buggers"...
Forum: UK August 9th 07, 08:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 41
Posted By Adrian Boliston
Cyclists' etiquette

"naked_draughtsman" wrote in message

I managed to get a wave, 'hello' or nod out of every single...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 81