Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Doug T
Forum: Techniques January 12th 13, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Doug T
Zipp Wheels with Disk Hubs

Looking to buy a set of Zipp Firecrest rims but wondering if they can be mated with disk-specific hubs (e.g. American Classic or similar). I'm concerned about cracking due to the high stresses that...
Forum: Techniques October 13th 11, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Doug T
Chain Slips with new SRAM chain and "slightly used" Ultegra Cassette

On Oct 12, 12:33*pm, Duane Hebert wrote:
On 10/12/2011 10:52 AM, Doug T wrote:

I used the Park Chain tool which told me that the chain needed
replacement but...
Forum: Techniques October 12th 11, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Doug T
Chain Slips with new SRAM chain and "slightly used" Ultegra Cassette

I used the Park Chain tool which told me that the chain needed
replacement but the drivechain did not, so I put on a SRAM 9-Speed
Chain (PC-951) and now the chain slips over most of the rear...
Forum: Techniques May 18th 11, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Doug T
Dura Ace 7800 vs. Ultegra 6700 Crankset

I can purchase a Dura Ace 7800 Crankset on ebay (from a user
inTaiwan?) for the same price as an Ultegra 6700 Crankset. I assume
the Dura Ace 7800 can be mixed with the new Ultegra 6700 series?...
Forum: Techniques May 6th 11, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Doug T
Fair price for a 2009 Scott Team frameset with fork

On May 6, 1:30*pm, Lou Holtman wrote:
Op 6-5-2011 19:03, Doug T schreef:

I'm kooking to buy a lightly used Scott Team frameset / fork and build
it up. The...
Forum: Techniques May 6th 11, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On May 6, 1:03*pm, Doug T wrote:
I'm kooking to buy a lightly used Scott Team frameset / fork and build
it up. The asking price is $675 which seems a bit steep considering
Forum: Techniques May 6th 11, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Doug T
Fair price for a 2009 Scott Team frameset with fork

I'm kooking to buy a lightly used Scott Team frameset / fork and build
it up. The asking price is $675 which seems a bit steep considering
that decent build kits cost $1200 and up. Any thoughts on...
Forum: Techniques March 12th 11, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Doug T
Problem with Litespeed Titanium Seatpost Clamp / set screw

I cannot seem to tighten the clamp on my seatpost enough so that it
does not slip (rotate). Even the set screw does not keep it from
slipping so the seat will tilt when I hit a bump. Extremely...
Forum: Techniques December 16th 10, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Doug T
Lacing a Chris King ISO front hub

The Chris King Manual states:

"The front ISO should be laced 3-or-more-cross with the rotor (left)
side pulling spokes (relative to braking direction) heads out/elbows
in (when laced 3-cross). The...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9