Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mac[_3_]
Forum: General December 18th 20, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By mac[_3_]
Ride Report

I'm debating whether to convert to my "ice bike" (with studded tires) or
stay with my general purpose MTB that has hybrid tires on it (smooth
center section with knobs on the sides).

What do...
Forum: General July 26th 18, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.society.liberalism,alt.politics.usa.republican,sac.politics,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Replies: 2
Posted By mac[_3_]
Video shows left wing liberal woman on bike fall intogap on Wisconsin bridge

The Wisconsin Department of Transportation on Monday released a
video recording of a bicyclist riding through the warning gates
of a draw bridge and falling between the gap, WISN.com...
Forum: General July 13th 18, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1,065
Posted By mac[_3_]
AG: What's the opposite of a triangle?

Preparing for tomorrow's dump tour with return through Sprawlmart, I
leafed through today's Big R ad to see whether I want anything other
than cat food when I stop there.

I came across a...
Forum: General July 28th 17, 05:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By mac[_3_]
Competitiveness

Steve, you're responding to an 18-year-old thread.

Perhaps he's now ready to take her on
Forum: General February 10th 17, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1,065
Posted By mac[_3_]
AG: This tip probably doesn't apply at your house.

when I lived in NH, we kept a cast-iron teakettle on the woodstove to act
as humidifier
Forum: General August 28th 15, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By mac[_3_]
Danger! Danger!

With the number of bungee cords I see by the roadside, I'm not going to
trust my cargo to them. And I have had one come loose and go into the
spokes.
These days I tie things on using a length of old...
Forum: General January 8th 15, 11:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1,065
Posted By mac[_3_]
Raise your glass ( AG: Watch your ankles)

On the subject of bark teas, anyone heard of quinine as muscle cramp
preventitive?
Forum: General December 5th 14, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By mac[_3_]
shipping a bike

Someone may have mentioned it, but if you're lucky in you shipping
location, Amtrak ships bikes. And the boxes are big enough so you only need
to remove pedals and turn the handlebars sideways.

--...
Forum: General April 2nd 14, 01:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By mac[_3_]
City with working bicycle network

Might be the wrong group(?), but can anyone point me to a city with a
working bike network and online information? Eye candy nice.

It is for another, probably futile, discussion on whether...
Forum: Rides July 29th 11, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 27
Posted By mac[_3_]
Miniskirt-Wearing Cyclist Pulled Over by NYPD

Rijcken, who was in town for the New Amsterdam Bike Show, says she was
approached by an officer who told her that her outfit was "very
disturbing, and it's distracting the cars and it's...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10