Showing results 1 to 25 of 132
Search took 0.68 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Adrian Godwin
Forum: UK March 18th 09, 04:38 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 68
Posted By Adrian Godwin
Too safe ?

Another own-goal by the 'think of the children' lobby :

http://www.fatallyflawed.org.uk/

(No, nothing to do with cycling, but plenty of parallels with helmet campaigns)

-adrian
Forum: UK April 22nd 08, 07:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Adrian Godwin
Hiding bikes around the flat

Duncan Smith wrote:
My better half is passed tipping point having several bikes and many
more wheels in the flat. Just wondering if anyone else has had this
problem...
Forum: UK March 23rd 08, 10:41 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Adrian Godwin
Car daytime running lights

David Hansen wrote:
A while ago I mentioned that the EU were trying to make things even
more dangerous for cyclists by introducing these things. I contacted
my...
Forum: UK March 10th 08, 05:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Adrian Godwin
MTB Bashing

BashXH3 wrote:
I Bash, that is MTB and attend MTB events organised by thecranks ( in
Gloucestershire ) and QUAFF around the UK. The MTB rides either follow
a trail...
Forum: UK February 15th 08, 11:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 84
Posted By Adrian Godwin
List

Jim Harvest wrote:
x-no-archive:Andy Leighton wrote:

Oops I think I may have just Godwinned this thread.

Que?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
Forum: UK January 16th 08, 10:53 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Adrian Godwin
Kill a cyclist when ****ed- serve 9 months.

John Clayton wrote:

A life driving ban in these circumstances is necessary. Sadly creeps like
this will drive and drive again.

He was already happy to...
Forum: UK January 4th 08, 09:28 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Adrian Godwin
Shock! Horror!

Rob Morley wrote:
In article , marc

And not used for measurement of individuals, it was designed as a
measurement for...
Forum: UK December 18th 07, 11:02 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Adrian Godwin
CTC and the DfT design guidance consultation

Ekul Namsob wrote:

If someone is injured, partly as a result of a facility that has been
designed poorly, could such guidance be used to claim...
Forum: UK November 15th 07, 03:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Adrian Godwin
Fake radar

bugbear wrote:
David Lloyd wrote:
OK, everyone has heard about radar detectors, but is there any such as
a fake radar? I think it would be a good thing to...
Forum: UK October 31st 07, 11:37 PM Posted to cam.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By Adrian Godwin
Bikecams - replacement or second front camera

In uk.rec.cycling Ian Jackson wrote:
In article ,
Patrick Gosling wrote:
Might there be scope for...
Forum: UK October 28th 07, 05:53 PM Posted to cam.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By Adrian Godwin
Bikecams - replacement or second front camera

In uk.rec.cycling Ian Jackson wrote:

with a small overlap. Extra field of view seems more relevant on the
right as I seem to get more trouble from the right...
Forum: UK October 24th 07, 08:24 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Adrian Godwin
Fitting Apollo LED light to Blackburn rack

In article , Peter Scandrett
says...

Is there an adaptor I should have bought to go with it or shall I just
bodge something...
Forum: UK September 25th 07, 09:40 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 82
Posted By Adrian Godwin
Jail for 172mph Porsche motorist

spindrift wrote:

Or just ignore the geeky git, his irrelevance is highlighted by the
fact that he's usually a rent-a-quote gob****e in the Mail, where he
belongs.
Forum: UK September 18th 07, 02:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By Adrian Godwin
[WTD] Second hand town bike

Paul Coombs wrote:

Can anyone suggest good (cheap) sources for second hand town bikes? I need
to get one for my daughter who has gone of to university in London....
Forum: UK September 12th 07, 11:03 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Adrian Godwin
lidl rechargeable batteries

I've got some of the 7-day-shop own-brand 2800mAh cells at the
moment and they seem to be pretty reasonable, at least for the
relatively short period I've been using them. Twice the price
of the...
Forum: UK September 12th 07, 09:56 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 64
Posted By Adrian Godwin
Yet another post about plastic hats

7@m3 G33k wrote:

formal encounter with professional medical services. As you love my
anecdotes so much here's another: I don't recall a single off-road ride
on...
Forum: UK September 8th 07, 04:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Adrian Godwin
Cycling in NW Norfolk

Mark W wrote:

Decided against it, as am still trying to get distances up. Whilst it
is approx 100km (which would be a best distance for me), that seemed
doable....
Forum: UK September 8th 07, 10:10 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Adrian Godwin
Cycling in NW Norfolk

Mark W wrote:
Had the joys of taking summer off this year (ie this week !) so stuck
the bike in the back of the car and popped up to the parental
homestead for a...
Forum: UK September 4th 07, 03:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 97
Posted By Adrian Godwin
We don't dent, we die.

Matt B wrote:

Ignorance, reinforced by being revered as "king of the road" for much of
the last century. Motor traffic all but had rose petals laid before it...
Forum: UK September 4th 07, 10:14 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 97
Posted By Adrian Godwin
We don't dent, we die.

cupra wrote:

I tend to agree, but surely it'd be more enjoyable riding 'off road'
than on?

I only say so out of curiosity - not being a horse rider.
Forum: UK August 31st 07, 11:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Adrian Godwin
Endura Hummvee Short Recommendations

Paul Boyd usenet.is.worse@plusnet wrote:
Roger Merriman said the following on 30/08/2007 15:21:

any one else have problems with the inners being too tight? not the
waist but around the...
Forum: UK August 31st 07, 10:53 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By Adrian Godwin
Paris: Police Crackdown on Bad Cycling after Velib Success

Simon Geller wrote:

I think if I really couldn't do hand signals, even after training, I
would stop at junctions and walk the bike across. I wouldn't let it stop
me...
Forum: General August 31st 07, 10:53 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc

Simon Geller wrote:

I think if I really couldn't do hand signals, even after training, I
would stop at junctions and walk the bike across. I wouldn't let it stop
me...
Forum: UK August 29th 07, 08:28 PM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1,086
Posted By Adrian Godwin
Criminals on TV

Steve Firth wrote:

Other than having previously skidded on ice themselves you mean?

They did ? So the corner in question wasn't an isolated spot ?

-adrian
Forum: UK August 29th 07, 05:31 PM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1,086
Posted By Adrian Godwin
Criminals on TV

Steve Firth wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/6246140.stm

"The cyclists had set out on a 60-mile trip between Great Orme and
Llanrwst, in what...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 132