Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: pdxrandonneur
Forum: Techniques February 13th 10, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By pdxrandonneur
30-lb. Tidy Cats available at Target

On Feb 11, 5:09*pm, Tim McNamara wrote:
In article
,

*pdxrandonneur ...
Forum: Techniques February 12th 10, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By pdxrandonneur
30-lb. Tidy Cats available at Target

On Feb 10, 3:34*pm, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:
If you have cats and want the Chalo Recommended™ buckets [1] with the
hinged lid to make panniers out of [2], they...
Forum: Techniques February 5th 10, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By pdxrandonneur
More 11 speed alfine news

http://road.cc/content/news/13981-shimano-alfine-11-speed-hub-car-park-test

*It has an oil port!

*This is a completely new design, not just as alfine upgrade.

*the shifter is a redesign as...
Forum: Techniques February 4th 10, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By pdxrandonneur
11 Speed Shimano Alfine

On Feb 4, 9:46*am, Tosspot wrote:
http://thelazyrando.wordpress.com/2010/02/02/11-speed-shimano-alfine/

Hmmm...want!

Lord Vader, The Death Star is...
Forum: Techniques January 31st 10, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By pdxrandonneur
The Sturmey Archer 3 speed bar end shifter is in stock at soma

On Jan 30, 9:01*pm, datakoll wrote:
ANYONE LIVE NEAR Wal-Mart ?

ANYONE WANT TO FORCE FEED DATAKOLL HIS MEDS?
Forum: Techniques January 31st 10, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By pdxrandonneur
The Sturmey Archer 3 speed bar end shifter is in stock at soma

On Jan 30, 6:11*pm, Chalo wrote:
pdxrandonneur wrote:

http://store.somafab.com/star3bash.html

On a tangentially related note: *Does anybody know whether the...
Forum: Techniques January 31st 10, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By pdxrandonneur
The Sturmey Archer 3 speed bar end shifter is in stock at soma

http://store.somafab.com/star3bash.html

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?618656-Sturmey-Archer-bar-end-shifter-from-Soma

http://www.sturmey-archer.com/products/shifters/cid/3/id/11

The...
Forum: Techniques December 24th 09, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By pdxrandonneur
The Doomsday survival bicycle

On Dec 22, 9:25 pm, landotter wrote:
On Dec 21, 6:48 pm, pdxrandonneur wrote:
While I do stand behind my previous posting that assumes that post-
Forum: Techniques December 9th 09, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By pdxrandonneur
Sram i-Motion 3 Speed Coaster Review

On Nov 25, 2:35*pm, pdxrandonneur wrote:
* Gear hub fans have never had it so good. With the formidable
maturity and reasonable prices of the Shimano 8 speeds, the
Forum: Techniques December 9th 09, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By pdxrandonneur
Inter-M hub brake too weak

On Dec 4, 3:02*pm, landotter wrote:
On Dec 4, 3:26*pm, AMuzi wrote:

crowizcom wrote:
however, brakes are very weak, and if i...
Forum: Techniques December 9th 09, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By pdxrandonneur
Hitler was a bike messenger

On Dec 9, 6:38*am, landotter wrote:
On Dec 9, 1:38*am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:

wrote:
On Dec 8, 2:16 pm, landotter...
Forum: Techniques November 30th 09, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By pdxrandonneur
Sram i-Motion 3 Speed Coaster Review

On Nov 28, 9:41*am, RonSonic wrote:
snip

http://jtekengineering.com/jtek_bar-end_shifter.htm

Good to see that Jtek is back.

-Rando
Forum: Techniques November 27th 09, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Nov 26, 7:22*am, landotter wrote:
On Nov 25, 4:35*pm, pdxrandonneur wrote:

* Gear hub fans have never had it so good. With the formidable
Forum: Techniques November 27th 09, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By pdxrandonneur
Sram i-Motion 3 Speed Coaster Review

On Nov 25, 6:12*pm, pH wrote:
snip
As an internal-gear fan (although I should not be, at my weight), I
appreciate your review.

I am intrigued by your comments that...
Forum: Techniques November 25th 09, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By pdxrandonneur
Sram i-Motion 3 Speed Coaster Review

Gear hub fans have never had it so good. With the formidable
maturity and reasonable prices of the Shimano 8 speeds, the
renaissance going on over at Sturmey-Archer and radical new (or very
old)...
Forum: Techniques November 25th 09, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 36
Posted By pdxrandonneur
Spoke life with disc brakes

On Nov 22, 11:42*am, thirty-six wrote:
On 22 Nov, 19:26, Tosspot wrote:

I wondered about that, then I thought, what the hell, the rear one is...
Forum: Techniques November 7th 09, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By pdxrandonneur
Replace cantilevers with V brakes?

On Nov 4, 3:56*pm, landotter wrote:
On Nov 4, 5:49*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:

Peter Cole wrote:
Bob Lambert wrote:
The mounting points...
Forum: Techniques November 1st 09, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By pdxrandonneur
Pre-indexing (friction) thumb shifters.

On Nov 1, 12:53*pm, !Jones wrote:
Along with the advent of the "mountain bike" came indexing (SIS, et.
al.) shifters. *There was a brief time period in the mid-'80s where
Forum: Techniques October 25th 09, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By pdxrandonneur
On-Gaurd U-lock failure

My On-Gaurd Bulldog U-lock just quit on me, with the lock mechanism
simply refusing to open. I soaked the lock in kerosene overnight, re-
lubricated it and tried all five of the keys to no avail....
Forum: Techniques September 13th 09, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 104
Posted By pdxrandonneur
The Grant moves on

On Sep 11, 8:03*pm, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:
Ozark Bicycle wrote:
Seemingly fully recovered from his utter failure to put 650B over on a
credulous public,...
Forum: Techniques September 6th 09, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By pdxrandonneur
red-stripe nexus inter-8 - gears frozen

On Sep 5, 4:04*pm, AMuzi wrote:
*crowizcom wrote:
i am about to open gearbox myself
would like to hear guesses on what is most likely at...
Forum: Techniques September 5th 09, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By pdxrandonneur
red-stripe nexus inter-8 - gears frozen

Here we go:

http://www.shimano.com/publish/content/global_cycle/en/us/index/tech_support/tech_tips.download.-Par50lparsys-0021-downloadFile.html/14)%20Trouble%20Shooting%20Gear%20by%20Gear.pdf

"It...
Forum: Techniques September 5th 09, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sep 5, 2:59*pm, crowizcom wrote:
i am about to open gearbox myself
would like to hear guesses on what is most likely at fault

I have no idea but these might...
Forum: Techniques September 5th 09, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By pdxrandonneur
red-stripe nexus inter-8 - gears frozen

On Sep 5, 11:35*am, crowizcom wrote:
i can not shift down from 4th gear on my red-stripe nexus inter-8
in fact, cranks are totally frozen in gears 5-8

returning shifter to...
Forum: Techniques August 31st 09, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By pdxrandonneur
Wheelsmith recommendation? (N. California)

On Aug 30, 9:06*pm, notme wrote:
Who's the "go to" wheelsmith in the SF bay area with experience in truing &
repairing mtb rims (possibly bent; see separate thread on that).

Showing results 1 to 25 of 34