Showing results 1 to 25 of 49
Search took 0.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: pH
Forum: Techniques December 13th 11, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By pH
RFC: replacement candidate for 1st gen. front LED

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions.

pH
Forum: Techniques December 1st 11, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By pH
RFC: replacement candidate for 1st gen. front LED

On Nov 29, 7:50*pm, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 10:50:59 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:
(...)

How about a vintage kerosene or carbide...
Forum: Techniques November 30th 11, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By pH
RFC: replacement candidate for 1st gen. front LED

On Nov 28, 11:25*pm, Chalo wrote:
pH wrote:

Well, I have what I believe must be a first generation LED front light
from VistaLight.
(sp?)
It has some...
Forum: Techniques November 29th 11, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Nov 28, 6:29*pm, James wrote:
On 29/11/11 13:21, pH wrote:

Well, I have what I believe must be a first generation LED front light
from VistaLight.
Forum: Techniques November 29th 11, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By pH
RFC: replacement candidate for 1st gen. front LED

Well, I have what I believe must be a first generation LED front light
from VistaLight.
(sp?)
It has some greenish flashing LED's and runs off two AA batteries.

While I'm sure it works as designed,...
Forum: Techniques November 15th 11, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By pH
Sugino straight arm triple crankset?

On Nov 8, 12:45*pm, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Nov 8, 2:00*pm, Chalo wrote:

Sir Ridesalot wrote:

Helmut Springer wrote:
Forum: Techniques October 15th 11, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By pH
4-Cross or 5-Cross, help me decide

On Oct 14, 7:36*pm, Chalo wrote:
pH wrote:

I noted that Continental and Schwalbe are both absent from your list
of 27" tires....
by accident or on...
Forum: Techniques October 14th 11, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By pH
4-Cross or 5-Cross, help me decide

On Oct 14, 12:21*am, Chalo wrote:
pH wrote:

pH wrote:

Well, with the days getting shorter, I'm in the mood to build a wheel..

I have the hub/rim and...
Forum: Techniques October 14th 11, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sep 22, 10:25*am, pH wrote:
Well, with the days getting shorter, I'm in the mood to build a wheel.

I have the hub/rim and it will be 48 spokes since that's what I...
Forum: Techniques September 29th 11, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By pH
4-Cross or 5-Cross, help me decide

On Sep 29, 10:28*am, Dan O wrote:
On Sep 29, 10:22 am, pH wrote:

On Sep 23, 11:42 pm, Chalo wrote:

Forum: Techniques September 29th 11, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By pH
4-Cross or 5-Cross, help me decide

On Sep 23, 11:42*pm, Chalo wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

Chalo wrote:

I like cross-5 lacing on 48 spoke wheels; I've used it many times. *It
usually employs...
Forum: Techniques September 23rd 11, 03:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By pH
4-Cross or 5-Cross, help me decide

On Sep 22, 7:14*pm, thirty-six wrote:
On Sep 22, 7:32*pm, pH wrote:

Forum: Techniques September 23rd 11, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sep 22, 7:32*pm, pH wrote:

Forum: Techniques September 22nd 11, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sep 22, 6:25*pm, pH wrote:

Well, with the days getting shorter, I'm in the mood to build a wheel.

Forum: Techniques September 22nd 11, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By pH
4-Cross or 5-Cross, help me decide

Well, with the days getting shorter, I'm in the mood to build a wheel.

I have the hub/rim and it will be 48 spokes since that's what I like.

I built my last one 4X, so what are the arguments for or...
Forum: General September 7th 11, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By pH
Latest news on Jobst Brandt, if any.

Hi Folks.

It's been some time since I've seen any news about Jobst.

I was kind of hoping that he would be popping on soon to let us know
how is doing himself.....maybe pretty soon.

Pureheart
Forum: Techniques June 4th 11, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 83
Posted By pH
Jobst

On Jun 3, 5:05 pm, wrote:

Some news about Jobst via email:

"He's at home, with in-home nursing, but still has a great deal of
difficulty forming short term memories. ....
Forum: Techniques May 17th 11, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By pH
Substitute for V-brake pad question (kool stop)

snip

Thicker pads would allow me to ignore the cotter pins (maybe kool stop
does not even have them...I don't see them in photos of the product)

Only insert-style pads use retaining...
Forum: Techniques May 16th 11, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By pH
Substitute for V-brake pad question (kool stop)

snip
I'm coming in *on this a little late but I want to ask whether your existing
brake pads have two hemispherical washers that go either side of the brake
arm and nestle into a thick and a...
Forum: Techniques May 16th 11, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By pH
Substitute for V-brake pad question (kool stop)

snip

My Question:
Is there any reason I cannot substitute the Kool Stop
- Eagle II threaded post pads OR
- so-called "Mountain" pads (appear to be v brake style) OR
-...
Forum: Techniques May 14th 11, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By pH
Substitute for V-brake pad question (kool stop)

My Easy Racer is equipped with V-brakes.

The way it's set up, the thin-line pads seems to be a pretty steep
contact angle and wear quickly on one side as a result (say, top vs.
bottom).

I've moved...
Forum: Racing February 9th 11, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 96
Posted By pH
20110208 Update on Jobst

On Feb 8, 11:32 am, Brad Anders wrote:
I have been indirectly receiving updates from Olaf, Jobst's son. My
intent here is to preserve Jobst's privacy while letting those on
Forum: General February 3rd 11, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By pH
Any updates Jobst?

I've been doing occasional searches to no avail...

Does anyone know his status?

pH
Forum: General January 6th 11, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By pH
What, no "Total Miles Ridden in 2010" Thread?!?

On Jan 4, 3:01*pm, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
?I was consistent, at least, despite a herniated disc in July (right after
longest ride of the year probably).

Mad One: *3990...
Forum: Techniques November 22nd 10, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By pH
634% 18 speed 'hub' gear

On Nov 21, 4:11 pm, Norman wrote:
On Nov 19, 6:59 pm, Cam wrote:

http://www.pinion.eu/en/index.html

Being a Clydesdale gearhead......what about...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 49