Showing results 1 to 25 of 325
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: pm
Forum: Techniques March 19th 11, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By pm
Motorists love my lights

Andre, you know that thing you do that makes people not like you? You're doing it again.
Forum: Techniques January 31st 11, 07:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By pm
7410 8sp FD for 9sp system

On Jan 30, 10:19*pm, Ronko wrote:
I assume this will make no funtional difference: I have a 7410
Shimano Front Derailleur and I'm building up a bike to use 9 speed
Forum: Techniques January 25th 11, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 50
Posted By pm
Unbelivable - no 28" rim tape

On Jan 25, 1:25*am, Anton Success wrote:
As my front open pro based wheel was built I have just discovered that
none of the local shops has 28" rim tape!
Aside from the...
Forum: Techniques October 2nd 10, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By pm
Progressive brakes?

On Oct 1, 8:57*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:
I frequently read road tests or component tests that talk approvingly
about how nicely "progressive" the brakes are.

I have...
Forum: Techniques September 5th 10, 06:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By pm
Latest trend - double top tube!

On Sep 2, 11:21*am, bfd wrote:
OK, it appears the demand for 650b wheels or "29er" bikes have
diminished. So, you ask what is the latest trend? How about DOUBLE TOP
Forum: Techniques July 29th 10, 10:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 51
Posted By pm
3-wheel tandem

On Jul 28, 10:29*pm, Kevan Smith wrote:
On 7/28/10 11:54 PM, James wrote:

Yup, that's about as good as it gets. *Riding a set of rollers at
higher cadence tends to...
Forum: Racing July 28th 10, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By pm
Can Lance Backpedal?

On Jul 28, 10:29*am, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/107194/6_signs_lance_armstrong...

Click the link to see the blogger's background.

two of the...
Forum: Techniques July 22nd 10, 07:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By pm
ON THE LOOP

On Jul 21, 3:17*pm, Peter Cole wrote:
pm wrote:
On Jul 21, 8:31 am, kolldata wrote:
Forum: Techniques July 22nd 10, 07:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By pm
ON THE LOOP

On Jul 21, 10:34*pm, Kevan Smith wrote:
On 7/21/10 4:15 PM, pm wrote:

Rigid airships built after 1937, anyone....?

Forum: Techniques July 21st 10, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By pm
ON THE LOOP

On Jul 21, 8:31*am, kolldata wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/20/science/20lesson.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq....

this is stupid:

"Devices fall out of favor, but seldom if ever...
Forum: Techniques July 8th 10, 08:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By pm
Shimano Compatable cassette

On Jul 5, 7:13*pm, raamman wrote:
that is an AU freehub body

No wonder it's so expensive!

-pm
Forum: Techniques May 2nd 10, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By pm
Unwanted upshifting from 4th to fifth cog

On May 1, 11:36*am, bcdrums wrote:
I have a typical 9 speed triple road setup, all Shimano except for a
SRAM chain. I have bar-end shifters, not brifters. Lately, after I...
Forum: Techniques April 27th 10, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By pm
1892 Spoke Failures

On Apr 26, 10:56*pm, wrote:
so I said, 'Let us put the spoke in the vise
and see how much it would bend without snappimg; so we put the thread
in the vise just as if it...
Forum: Techniques April 11th 10, 06:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By pm
I'm missing something (headset)

On Apr 10, 9:33*pm, Mike Elliott
wrote:
On 4/10/2010 9:02 PM Dan O wrote:

On Apr 10, 8:29 pm, Mike
Forum: Techniques March 31st 10, 07:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By pm
Rain Cape?

On Mar 30, 4:48*pm, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:
Anyone using a rain cape to commute, and how well does it work in a warm
and humid climate?

I would be riding...
Forum: Techniques March 24th 10, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By pm
mini mini pump recommendation needed

On Mar 23, 11:17*am, Simon Lewis wrote:
Now I have my Brooks D-shape toolbag, I need a pump to fit into it. Any
recommendations?

I use a Lezyne Pressure Drive M. Seems...
Forum: UK December 15th 09, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By pm
Drop-in replacement LED bulbs?

On Dec 15, 8:41*am, SMS wrote:
No argument there, but someone in this thread was trying to find an LED
bulb for their rear dynamo powered light. The whole thing is...
Forum: Techniques December 15th 09, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 168

On Dec 15, 8:41*am, SMS wrote:
No argument there, but someone in this thread was trying to find an LED
bulb for their rear dynamo powered light. The whole thing is...
Forum: General December 15th 09, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 195

On Dec 15, 8:41*am, SMS wrote:
No argument there, but someone in this thread was trying to find an LED
bulb for their rear dynamo powered light. The whole thing is...
Forum: Techniques December 15th 09, 06:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 168
Posted By pm
Drop-in replacement LED bulbs?

On Dec 14, 1:48*pm, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:
On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:38:46 -0800 (PST), N8N
wrote:

34.99 (under 60 of your...
Forum: General December 15th 09, 06:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:38:46 -0800 (PST), N8N
wrote:

34.99 (under 60 of your...
Forum: Techniques December 15th 09, 05:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By pm
rim for 604-605 ERD?

Long story short, I have the hub and spokes but can't use the rim I
was intending to...

Can anyone recommend a rim with 604 or 605 ERD, 36h, good for 28-45mm
tires? I'm building on a drum brake so a...
Forum: Techniques December 14th 09, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By pm
can someone explain this freewheel remover?

A man in Kenya came up with this device. It seems to remove a
freewheel, but it doesn't appear to reach into the splines like you
would expect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEeyY09YzEY#t=3m20

I...
Forum: Techniques December 8th 09, 06:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By pm
Wheelbuilding: offsetting rim outside of hub width?

On Dec 7, 9:38*pm, pm wrote:
On Dec 7, 9:12*pm, DougC wrote:

I am pondering building a tadpole trike.

Because it will use lean-steering,...
Forum: Techniques December 8th 09, 06:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Dec 7, 9:12*pm, DougC wrote:
I am pondering building a tadpole trike.

Because it will use lean-steering, I'd like to be able to align the
kingpins of the front...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 325