Showing results 1 to 25 of 70
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chris Smith
Forum: UK August 9th 08, 08:14 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 47
Posted By Chris Smith
Share the road - IoAM

Paul Boyd wrote:
On 08/08/2008 21:34, Colin Nelson said,
Saw this on CycleChat and thought it worth sharing.
"Institute of Advanced Motorists
510 Chiswick High Road, London, W4 5RG
Forum: UK August 1st 08, 05:01 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris Smith
Carry Freedom Hitch Failure

Phil Cook wrote:

So any ideas how the hitch hook came to be bent like this?

You're Uri Geller?
Forum: UK July 1st 08, 08:27 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Chris Smith
achilles tendon snapped

wafflycat wrote:
Mr Wafflycat has snapped his left achilles tendon and strained something
in his lower right leg. He did this yesterday. He is currently in a
temporary plaster on the left...
Forum: UK June 13th 08, 11:33 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Chris Smith
Grrr. Temporary traffic lights.

Martin wrote:

_ wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 22:17:11 +0100, Martin wrote:

The idiot would have saved at most 1s by passing me.

Not even that - he'd just catch up with the car he would...
Forum: UK June 12th 08, 10:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Chris Smith
Cut off their goolies

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
It's the only language these people understand.

http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/wiki/Paedo_scum%21

Guy

Wow - you've kicked it up a gear, Guy.

This is not...
Forum: General May 1st 08, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By Chris Smith
Riding at night: a strategy for survival?

ComandanteBanana wrote:
Nothing new about it: The little furry mammals developed that strategy
to survive among the dinosaurs (which is why we are here)...

Riding at Night is a most excellent...
Forum: Social Issues May 1st 08, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 30

ComandanteBanana wrote:
Nothing new about it: The little furry mammals developed that strategy
to survive among the dinosaurs (which is why we are here)...

Riding at Night is a most excellent...
Forum: Rides May 1st 08, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27

ComandanteBanana wrote:
Nothing new about it: The little furry mammals developed that strategy
to survive among the dinosaurs (which is why we are here)...

Riding at Night is a most excellent...
Forum: UK May 1st 08, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling

ComandanteBanana wrote:
Nothing new about it: The little furry mammals developed that strategy
to survive among the dinosaurs (which is why we are here)...

Riding at Night is a most excellent...
Forum: UK April 30th 08, 05:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Chris Smith
Norwich: HGVs to be allowed in cycle lanes

wafflycat wrote:
http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=News&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED30%20Apr%202008%2013%3A09%3A09%3A773

or

Forum: UK April 16th 08, 12:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Chris Smith
Long Ride Thinkings

Jim wrote:

b) being able to keep eating and drinking.

Thanks

Jim

Forum: UK April 9th 08, 03:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 58
Posted By Chris Smith
Cycle paths or psyclepaths?

Colin McKenzie wrote:
Chris Smith wrote:
Tom Crispin wrote:
www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/cyclane
Would this road be better for cyclists:

I don't know the area so this may not...
Forum: UK April 9th 08, 10:42 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 58
Posted By Chris Smith
Cycle paths or psyclepaths?

Nick wrote:
Chris Smith wrote:
Tom Crispin wrote:
www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/cyclane

Would this road be better for cyclists:

a. without a cycle lane
b. with a...
Forum: UK April 9th 08, 09:12 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 58
Posted By Chris Smith
Cycle paths or psyclepaths?

Tom Crispin wrote:
www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/cyclane

Would this road be better for cyclists:

a. without a cycle lane
b. with a segregated cycle lane
c. with cycles banned
Forum: UK February 25th 08, 03:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Chris Smith
Cycle trailer: good?

PhilD wrote:

So, with this in mind, what does the team think of the Phillips Mule?
I am aware that later versions need to share the left hand axle nut,
but we could get an earlier version...
Forum: UK February 19th 08, 07:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 31
Posted By Chris Smith
It's not just cyclists

wafflycat wrote:
In addition to lights a number of motorist appear to think that they
can see through a layer of ice on the windows.

Lots of those about too.

At least you can't...
Forum: UK February 18th 08, 08:59 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Chris Smith
Limbo cycling on NCN1

Tom Crispin wrote:
I bet no one over 6" tall would dare cycle under this bridge on the
NCN1 at more than 5mph.

www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/limbo

Grid Reference TQ350880

And...
Forum: UK February 16th 08, 10:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Chris Smith
Today's ride

wafflycat wrote:
Did a bracing 82km today with Mr Wafflycat. Went as far as Sandringham &
back (different routes there & back) and had soup & a roll in Betty's
tea rooms.

The weather was...
Forum: UK February 10th 08, 11:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Chris Smith
Norfolk Mardle a.k.a. OOOH, my aching thighs

wafflycat wrote:

Any advice on a *very gentle* 200km as a starter?

Cheers, helen s

Any local 200 would be fine.
Forum: UK February 10th 08, 02:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Chris Smith
Norfolk Mardle a.k.a. OOOH, my aching thighs

wafflycat wrote:
Did the Norfolk Mardle today. 100km and my first proper audax. Lovely
day for it. Perfect weather. Not too hot, not too cold, sunshine, wind
not too strong. Organisation was...
Forum: UK November 5th 07, 02:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Chris Smith
ouchie

wafflycat wrote:
Vernon had an appointment up on the far side of Cromer this morning. So
he popped Gino in the back of the car and we set off. He's off to see a
client & then down into the...
Forum: UK August 13th 07, 10:18 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By Chris Smith
advice for hill climbing time trial

Adam Lea wrote:
I am participating in a hill climb time trial this coming Saturday which is
1.6 miles long and climbs just over 100 meters in that distance. Normally I
climb hills in the...
Forum: UK July 26th 07, 09:59 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Chris Smith
The guy leading the Tour

Mark McNeill wrote:
I'm a cycle commuter and occasional trundler with no interest in
competitive cycling; the events of the Tour haven't had any real impact
on me at all.

*This* has,...
Forum: UK July 23rd 07, 09:51 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Chris Smith
Dunwich Dynamo '07

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
Alistair Gunn wrote:
Are any other residents of this parish planning on taking part in this
years Dunwich Dynamo?

Yes.

More specifically, if any of you...
Forum: UK June 23rd 07, 09:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 46
Posted By Chris Smith
impressive time trial results

Adam Lea wrote:
Spent this morning being a marshall for the 10 mile open time trial held on
the Horsham-Crawley dual carriageway. Just found out the fastest times were
a little over 20...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 70