Showing results 1 to 25 of 104
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JohnnyReggae
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 08:20 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By JohnnyReggae
Does MUni impact the trail more than MTB?

Bondo;1167567 wrote:
Does a Municycle have more or less impact on the trail than regular
Mountain Bikes?

For downhill I would think MUni does not skid as much so we are better
for the...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 08:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By JohnnyReggae
Last ride of 2008

Did my last ride of 2008 yesterday evening in my normal stomping
ground.... Tokai Forest. Had a good feeling about the ride from the
beginning and rode strongly up the long jeep track to the start...
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 07:36 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By JohnnyReggae
a south african in the snow!!

Awesome photos. Great one of Justin hopping off the bench. Quite a
change in weather compared to here in sunny SA at the moment. We're
riding around in 30+ degree (centigrade) heat at the moment, and...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 09:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By JohnnyReggae
Uni video made in France -- "The Silk Hill"

Excellent !! Works 100%, thanks.

--
JohnnyReggae

"Take all your overgrown infants away somewhere
And build them a home, a little place of their own.
The Fletcher Memorial Home for Incurable...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 06:47 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By JohnnyReggae
Uni video made in France -- "The Silk Hill"

Downloaded it, and seems to hang at around 2:44 ? Downloaded again in
case my first download had gotten corrupted somehow.. same result.

Great video !! Watched it a few times already, and has gone...
Forum: Unicycling December 17th 08, 12:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By JohnnyReggae
Uni video made in France -- "The Silk Hill"

Awesome video !!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun !! :)

--
JohnnyReggae

"Take all your overgrown infants away somewhere
And build them a home, a little place of their own.
The Fletcher...
Forum: Unicycling December 17th 08, 06:38 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By JohnnyReggae
Simplicity: a 16mm film experimental unicycle film

Very cool video Jess, well done !!!

--
JohnnyReggae

"Take all your overgrown infants away somewhere
And build them a home, a little place of their own.
The Fletcher Memorial Home for Incurable...
Forum: Unicycling December 9th 08, 09:34 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By JohnnyReggae
Muni in South Africa

Our group in Cape Town is growing ... slowly .. but getting there. For
the EMEW event some guys came down from Johannesburg and Pretoria. The
weekend was absolutely awesome, and was great riding with...
Forum: Unicycling November 26th 08, 06:38 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By JohnnyReggae
Hand Injuries Common in Muni? Or is just me?

I've damaged the ligaments in my left wrist, left ring finger, left
middle finger, right pinkie, right middle finger, right thumb all on
falls putting my hands out. As a result I've been teaching...
Forum: Unicycling October 10th 08, 08:05 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 190
Posted By JohnnyReggae
MUni discussion thread

I have recently done 2 of the things you mentioned. I have a 24" MUni
which I used to run with 170mm cranks. I moved down to 150's and am
extremely happy that I made that change. The shorter cranks...
Forum: Unicycling October 1st 08, 07:22 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 47
Posted By JohnnyReggae
Keny Banks Muni Photo

Awesome MUni !!!! Really enjoyed watching those. The MUni riding was
kick-ass, and such control on those tricky skinny descents. Also great
to see someone owning it doing trials on a 24"..... Come...
Forum: Unicycling September 25th 08, 06:43 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By JohnnyReggae
Should I consider a 29er

Agree with Nexty.... if you're planning on doing some serious downhill
MUni then go with the 24". If you're into more x-country with some MUni
then the 29" is the machine.

I recently got a 29'er and...
Forum: Unicycling September 18th 08, 06:55 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By JohnnyReggae
29" Discussion thread

@ Connahhh: I would go with the KH for no other reason than I recently
got my KH29'er and it rocks !!!! It's very light and nimble and easy to
throw around.

On another note...... my KH came with the...
Forum: Unicycling September 15th 08, 12:22 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 55
Posted By JohnnyReggae
Top 10 Cities in the World for Unicycling

HardcoreCokerRider wrote:
_TOP_10_CITIES_IN_THE_WORLD_FOR_UNICYCLING_

1. BOTTROP, GERMANY
2. SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, USA
3. MINNEAPOLIS/SAINT PAUL, USA
4. NEW YORK, USA
5. VANCOUVER,...
Forum: Unicycling September 11th 08, 06:54 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 40
Posted By JohnnyReggae
Pictures of your latest ride

Did a ride to L'Agulhas, the most Southern tip of Africa where the
Indian and Atlantic Oceans meet. :D

|Filename: L'Agalhas -...
Forum: Unicycling September 10th 08, 10:34 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By JohnnyReggae
Curing the obesity of a 24" muni

I don't quite understand the need to want to lighten the Uni as much as
possible. It may be because I haven't really ridden different types. I
currently ride a Qu-Ax 24" Cross, which weights almost...
Forum: Unicycling September 10th 08, 07:42 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By JohnnyReggae
South African Unicycle Gathering

Thanks for posting WOFT. Just wanted to bump it up the list again :) so
it can be seen.

--
JohnnyReggae

"Take all your overgrown infants away somewhere
And build them a home, a little place of...
Forum: Unicycling September 10th 08, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By JohnnyReggae
unicycle related sweating

The fitter you get the more you will sweat due to your body being more
effiecient at regulating itself. As long as you're not sweating
excessively when at rest it's not really a problem, in fact it's...
Forum: Unicycling September 4th 08, 07:57 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By JohnnyReggae
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

blot wrote:
Yesterday: Getting ready to ride, the wife of a couple said, "He gonna
ride that one-wheel-seat thing. Husband replied, "Unicycle. It's
called a...
Forum: Unicycling August 26th 08, 07:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By JohnnyReggae
An FTP Site Idea!

olarf wrote:
You are welcome at unicycle.tv for sure! I can send you all access dates
by email.
@ JohnnyReggae and fexnix: can you report what exactly happens? I could
maybe imagine that...
Forum: Unicycling August 25th 08, 01:48 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By JohnnyReggae
An FTP Site Idea!

ivan wrote:
unicycle.tv?

I don't bother with unicycle.tv as I can't seem to watch anything off
there at all.

--
Forum: Unicycling August 19th 08, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4

Unicorn wrote:
Just so you know - I have your site bookmarked and plan to visit it from
time to time. You do deserve the positive feedback for a job well done!
By the way how many riders do...
Forum: Unicycling August 18th 08, 09:25 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By JohnnyReggae
AmaOneTya - New Unicycling website ... Cape Town... South Africa

Thanks for the positive feedback. You're more that welcome to come and
join us for some riding in the forests and through the vineyards :)

--
JohnnyReggae

"Take all your overgrown infants away...
Forum: Unicycling August 18th 08, 07:48 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By JohnnyReggae
AmaOneTya - New Unicycling website ... Cape Town... South Africa

The new 'AmaOneTya' (http://www.amaonetya.co.za) Website has gone live,
with a more user friendly interface and content. It is the 2nd
incarnation of the website, but really the first time I am...
Forum: Unicycling August 15th 08, 10:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By JohnnyReggae
Inner Balance: Banff Film Festival World Tour!

Just found out that the Banff Mountain Film Festival is being shown here
in Cape Town (South Africa) from the 29th August to the 4th September.

http://www.banff.co.za/

Inner Balance is one of the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 104