Showing results 1 to 25 of 105
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: goldenchickenIV
Forum: Unicycling December 15th 08, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By goldenchickenIV
Pictures of your latest ride

My latest ride took place in my fantasy, sitting at home gazing at my
beloved 36er. I had no upds and I broke my speed record....
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By goldenchickenIV
How fast is an ungeared 36" for an avg rider

rob.northcott;1148184 wrote:
Some do go big enough for a 36er - I don't know which ones though (it
depends on the maximum number it lets you put into the size setting -
the manual won't list...
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 12:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By goldenchickenIV
How fast is an ungeared 36" for an avg rider

I use this:

http://www.clipperlight.com/SEXTANTARTICLE/sextant1.jpg][/url]

;)

camrocl;1148137 wrote: [i]
How can you tell you speed. Do you work it out mathmaticaly or do you
Forum: Unicycling December 11th 08, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By goldenchickenIV
How fast is an ungeared 36" for an avg rider

My average (while enjoying the scenery) on a 20 km track is 18 km/h.

--
goldenchickenIV

you should push so much that you cross the finish line exhausted, but
not dead --- Klaas...
Forum: Unicycling December 10th 08, 08:52 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By goldenchickenIV
New spokes on old, drilled hub?

saskatchewanian;1146492 wrote:
I would also be switching to a regular wide hub but that is just a
preference thing. If using an Airfoil or Stealth rim it should be strong
enough to get away...
Forum: Unicycling December 9th 08, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By goldenchickenIV
New spokes on old, drilled hub?

On my 36er I use the extra wide hub (bearing spacing 125 mm) from
unicycle.com together with 12g spokes. I'd like to relace the wheel with
14g ss-spokes. Is it a bad idea to reuse the hub with its...
Forum: Unicycling December 8th 08, 11:41 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By goldenchickenIV
Great Victorian Bike Ride

That man who started to bike at 79 and now still rides at 85 certainly
deserves attention from the media.

--
goldenchickenIV

you should push so much that you cross the finish line exhausted,...
Forum: Unicycling December 4th 08, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By goldenchickenIV
My road uni dream

joemarshall;1142842 wrote:
The schlumpf in high is pretty similar to an ungeared 36 in terms of
difficulty, because the wheel is so much lighter (rim,tyre + tube can
weigh less than the coker...
Forum: Unicycling December 4th 08, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By goldenchickenIV
My road uni dream

saskatchewanian;1142461 wrote:
You could build something with a jack shaft like the *'Red Menace'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52571)*

I don't think you could get...
Forum: Unicycling December 4th 08, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By goldenchickenIV
My road uni dream

phlegm;1142494 wrote:
I agree that a lighter 36er tire is in order to improve the 36er road
experience, but I'm not sure why you think they flex too much. What
kind of 36er are you riding? ...
Forum: Unicycling December 3rd 08, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By goldenchickenIV
My road uni dream

phlegm;1142409 wrote:
I think you meant 1:1.25, right?

If you were building a uni just for the road with a light rim and tire,
I would think a higher gear would be better. A geared up...
Forum: Unicycling December 3rd 08, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By goldenchickenIV
My road uni dream

hansc;1142312 wrote:
1:25? Wouldn't that feel more like a 725er?
(Sorry, couldn't resist).

I wonder when we will see unicycles with one fixed gear ratio (apart
from 1:1) on the...
Forum: Unicycling December 3rd 08, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By goldenchickenIV
My road uni dream

My dream unicycle would be a 29" wheel with fixed gear 1:25 so it would
feel like a 36er. No need for shifting. It would be fun enough to have a
29" with a lighter and sturdier wheelbuild than a 36er...
Forum: Unicycling November 27th 08, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By goldenchickenIV
Pictures of your latest ride

boisei;1138968 wrote:

Or I suppose I can just post it here.

The guys in the back look quite un-cool on their two-wheelers.

--
goldenchickenIV
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 10:43 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

lpounds;1136716 wrote:
A custom handle attached to a carbon base is my dream set-up.

Why not make handles that are a prolongation of the seat base - all in
cf? Cast in different sizes.

--...
Forum: Unicycling November 18th 08, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By goldenchickenIV
Are handlebars worth it?

Short answer: It is comfortable. It is much nicer to put hands on
handles than having them dangling at your sides.

--...
Forum: Unicycling November 17th 08, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By goldenchickenIV
Who's Had a 29" Tube Blowout When in a Coker Wheel?

chuckaeronut;1132327 wrote:
I was definitely noticeably more able to spin to keep up with the local
pack of road bikers that leaves near here at 8:30 every Saturday
morning. I stayed with them...
Forum: Unicycling November 17th 08, 09:55 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By goldenchickenIV
Whats the brake pad to rim gap?

naturequack;1132436 wrote:
Redlinewaterboy, there is also the possibility that if your hub is a
Schlumpf it might have some play in it. With my Schlumpf, if I give my
rim even a light lateral...
Forum: Unicycling November 12th 08, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By goldenchickenIV
Terry "Unigeezer" featured on a 50+ online magazine

Unigurd;1129900 wrote:
52 years old Terry "Unigeezer" Peterson got featured, with his MUni, in
a magazine for people over 50!
'Heres the link' (http://tinyurl.com/55ussj) to the site.

Terry...
Forum: Unicycling November 10th 08, 10:30 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 42
Posted By goldenchickenIV
Help! Are there health benefits to unicycling?

Isn't energy burning a very narrow definition of "health benefits" which
was the original topic of this thread?

--...
Forum: Unicycling November 7th 08, 10:32 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By goldenchickenIV
Pimped-out KH 36 distance Uni w/ aero bar: Its all frigging Blue, pictures attached

chuckaeronut;1126777 wrote:
I welded my T7 too, and it made it WAY more stiff to put a gusset on the
front bar where it attaches to the front plate, as well as another
gusset at the 45°*bend...
Forum: Unicycling November 7th 08, 10:28 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By goldenchickenIV
Pimped-out KH 36 distance Uni w/ aero bar: Its all frigging Blue, pictures attached

brycer1968;1126262 wrote:
but if you need to ride hands-free for some reason, the mast does tend
to look and feel silly waggling between your legs.

Haha! I can feel that already with my T7....
Forum: Unicycling September 29th 08, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By goldenchickenIV
Magura HS33 - Squeals like a pig

Try to reposition the pads a little higher or lower on the rim. Switch
left and right pad. Sing loudly so people won't notice :D

--
goldenchickenIV

it's a lot easier to tuck and roll if you don't...
Forum: Unicycling September 29th 08, 11:37 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By goldenchickenIV
Magura HS33 - Squeals like a pig

Fixing the toe-in will definately lessen the noise.

--
goldenchickenIV

it's a lot easier to tuck and roll if you don't have a unicycle stuck to
your foot. – john...
Forum: Unicycling September 20th 08, 10:47 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By goldenchickenIV
29" Discussion thread

hansc wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I think that's the tire my friend uses, and
it is indeed very good. Hm. I might even change my mind - the Panaracer
Rampage seems to be lighter than WTB...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 105