Showing results 1 to 25 of 163
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: bob sullivan
Forum: Racing July 21st 07, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By bob sullivan
greg lemon was different

Davey Crockett wrote:
"bidon jaune" writes:

greg lemon is not very well know in its country,usa, meanwhile he remains a
legend here in Europe.
I have heard that...
Forum: Racing July 20th 07, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 17
Posted By bob sullivan
don't mess with Bobke

Meg Worley wrote:
This morning's coverage provided a great Liggettism, but minus the Liggett:
"We'll see who's wearing what foot in a few minutes..." poor Al promised
us, but I blame Bobke. He...
Forum: Racing July 20th 07, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 8
Posted By bob sullivan
Newcomer question

Tom Kunich wrote:
"Paul Cassel" wrote in message
Somewhat new to bicycling and the racing.

I look...
Forum: Racing July 13th 07, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 19
Posted By bob sullivan
Stripped jerseys

Wow, a little touchy there, Sandy. Is it not true that Virenque
doped? And is it not true that it doesn't matter to the majority
of French fans that he doped, that he's still considered a hero
of Le...
Forum: Racing July 13th 07, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 19
Posted By bob sullivan
Stripped jerseys

ASO only strips jerseys from non-Frenchmen.

~bob s.

Donald Munro wrote:
Sandy wrote:

I just heard on France2 that Zabel's green jersey for 1996 will be erased by
ASO in their history...
Forum: Racing July 9th 07, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By bob sullivan
VS prologue clock question

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
I suspect the engineers at VS did their own timing/graphics
installation and then tied into TdF official timing when the riders
crossed the line.It certainly looked...
Forum: Racing July 7th 07, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 23
Posted By bob sullivan
The doping stuff makes it hard to be a fan

Howard Kveck wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

What about Dressage? I think there could be a movie in there "They
Test...
Forum: Racing July 7th 07, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 23
Posted By bob sullivan
The doping stuff makes it hard to be a fan

just bob wrote:
I'm sure few of you give a hoot but I wanted to say I'm so ****ed I'm
considering not watching the tdf this year.

A little background I feel is appropriate. I'm just a fan,...
Forum: Racing July 7th 07, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By bob sullivan
Jittery Joe's documentary on versus

wrote:
wow. If I were not a fan of cycling, that would have been turned off
in 10 seconds or so, maybe less. Bad music, bad cinematography, bad
storyline, bad voice guy,...
Forum: Racing July 7th 07, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 26
Posted By bob sullivan
Davey Millar on Saturday

Andre wrote:
On Jul 5, 7:28 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 16:10:36 -0700, Andre
wrote:

On Jul 5, 7:02...
Forum: Racing July 7th 07, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 26
Posted By bob sullivan
Davey Millar on Saturday

wrote:
On Jul 5, 3:40 pm, Dan Gregory
wrote:
Crescentius Vespasianus wrote:
---------------
If I was there I would...
Forum: Racing July 5th 07, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 26
Posted By bob sullivan
Davey Millar on Saturday

Davey Crockett wrote:
Andre writes:
On Jul 5, 10:21 am, Davey Crockett
wrote:
I'm going to stick my neck out and root for...
Forum: Racing July 4th 07, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 6
Posted By bob sullivan
DaveZ in, BobbyJ out

Keith wrote:
On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 01:27:42 GMT, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

A bit of a surprise to not see Bobby Julich making the CSC team

Good riddance, Julich...
Forum: Racing July 4th 07, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 12
Posted By bob sullivan
Lemond interview: Cycle of abuse

Tom Kunich wrote:
"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message
On Jul 2, 9:50 am, bob sullivan...
Forum: Racing July 2nd 07, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 17
Posted By bob sullivan
Discovery losing riders

Stu Fleming wrote:
Donald Munro wrote:
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote: I
There is at least one guy on Postal who quit the team who I think was
clean.

bob sullivan wrote:
Forum: Racing July 2nd 07, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 17
Posted By bob sullivan
Discovery losing riders

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 02:42:34 GMT, Brian Lafferty

don't see how anyone can follow the tale of what went on and think that...
Forum: Racing July 2nd 07, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 12
Posted By bob sullivan
Lemond interview: Cycle of abuse

Jason Spaceman wrote:
From the article:
The American won the Tour de France three times, twice with shotgun
Forum: Racing July 2nd 07, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 27
Posted By bob sullivan
One Simple Question

G.T. wrote:
wrote in message
On Jul 1, 12:13 pm, "Carmine Clamenza"
Forum: Racing June 30th 07, 04:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 6
Posted By bob sullivan
DaveZ in, BobbyJ out

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
A bit of a surprise to not see Bobby Julich making the CSC team for the TdF.
I really can't argue with whom they did choose- Sastre, Schleck, Voigt,
Stuey, Cancellara,...
Forum: Racing June 29th 07, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
Posted By bob sullivan
Zabriskie IQ test

RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 29, 3:31 pm, Mark
wrote:
Pardon me, I clearly have /no/ idea what you were thinking when you
wrote "biblical." That's...
Forum: Racing June 29th 07, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
Posted By bob sullivan
Zabriskie IQ test

RonSonic wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:13:07 +0100, Simon Brooke wrote:

in message , Geraard Spergen
Forum: Racing June 29th 07, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
Posted By bob sullivan
Zabriskie IQ test

Well, geez, what choice does he have? He wants to ride the Tour (guess
he's still on the bubble, though), so he's got to sign the thing. He's
got to hope for the best. I hope it doesn't blow up in...
Forum: Racing June 19th 07, 12:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By bob sullivan
Discovery's TDF chances in trouble....??

Bob Martin wrote:
in 546055 20070618 235829 " wrote:
I was noticing that Yaroslav Popovych is did not start the Tour de
Suisse...?? This does not bode...
Forum: Racing June 14th 07, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By bob sullivan
Zabriskie the stage racer?

VeloJon wrote:
So Dave Z. zooms up Ventoux with the leaders - Can he ever win a big
stage race?

He's definitely showing more promise this year than he has in years
past. It helps that he hasn't...
Forum: Racing June 14th 07, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 6
Posted By bob sullivan
Dave Z's TT machine

wrote: