Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.52 seconds.
Forum: Techniques January 9th 13, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Campy shifter part(s) needed?

On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 12:39:21 PM UTC-6, AMuzi wrote:
On 1/8/2013 10:43 AM, wrote:
Changed out a front derailer, and the new one seems to need a bit more cable pull. Front...
Forum: Techniques January 9th 13, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
What happened?

On Wednesday, January 9, 2013 8:39:38 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I was out riding yesterday on a bike with conventional rim brakes. I rode through a pothole and the bike quickly came to a...
Forum: Techniques January 8th 13, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Campy shifter part(s) needed?

Changed out a front derailer, and the new one seems to need a bit more cable pull. Front shifter is a Campagnolo Daytona, which will shift up to the big ring all right, but when I hit a pothole or...
Forum: General September 24th 08, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Maybe it's safer to run red lights than to wait for green lights.

On Sep 21, 8:13*pm, SMS wrote:
This afternoon we pushed the button to activate the light on minor cross
street of a four lane road. The light changed, the traffic...
Forum: Techniques September 19th 08, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 152
Posted By [email protected]
"you give up your rights as a cyclist when staying on the roadwhere the paths are available"

On Sep 18, 3:46*pm, Jay Beattie wrote:
I was riding to work today as usual and rolled up behind a guy who
took the whole lane on a narrow section of a busy, fast street...
Forum: Techniques August 12th 08, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Cyclocomputers: wired vs. wireless

On Aug 8, 4:52*pm, Mark wrote:
Rodney Dunning wrote:[i]
I replaced my CatEye Astrale 8 about three weeks ago with a CatEye
Strada (with cadence). *The...
Forum: Techniques July 17th 08, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 81
Posted By [email protected]
Drop bars: Why dont i like them?

On Jul 16, 6:49*pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 08:32:54 -0500, Tim McNamara
wrote:
In article...
Forum: Techniques July 17th 08, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Serfas Seca?

On Jul 17, 5:55*am, Woland99 wrote:
Howdy - I am about to change tires on my Novarra Randonee. It came
with
Vittoria Randoneur - 700x32 but want to try 28s on it..Seca...
Forum: Techniques July 15th 08, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
Wheel bearing service interval?

On Jul 15, 8:22*am, Peter Cole wrote:
Patrick Lamb wrote:

Did I screw up by using the wrong grease, or running it too long? *Is
there a recommended service life...
Forum: Techniques July 15th 08, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
Wheel bearing service interval?

On Jul 14, 11:58*pm, Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
*Patrick Lamb wrote:

Did I screw up by...
Forum: Techniques July 15th 08, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
Wheel bearing service interval?

On Jul 14, 10:43*pm, "David L. Johnson"
wrote:
Patrick Lamb wrote:
Not sure if I used the wrong grease, or didn't service it soon enough.
I opened a wheel after a...
Forum: Techniques July 15th 08, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Stress Relieve New Wheels?

On Jul 15, 8:39*am, " wrote:
I know general knowledge says to stress relieve and re-tension any new
wheelset. *I've heard, however, that the new...
Forum: Techniques June 27th 08, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Wide tires on the Fuji Touring frame

On Jun 25, 12:09*am, "Bruce W.1" wrote:
For the Usenet record, I have a 2006 Fuji Touring bicycle. *I put
(measured) 42mm wide tires on it, 47 mm Continental Top Contact tires...
Forum: General May 20th 08, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
700c tires duration?

On May 19, 10:15*am, catzz66 wrote:
Ablang wrote:
If I use these tires purely on asphalt & concrete, how many miles can
I expect these tires to last?

What do you...
Forum: General May 6th 08, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Crank brothers mallet pedals?

On May 6, 3:46*am, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * (Booker Bense) writes:
If you like Crank Brothers...
Forum: General April 30th 08, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Three velcro straps sufficient?

On Apr 28, 3:08*pm, Claus Assmann ca+sendmail(no-copies-
wrote:
I'm wondering whether road cycling shoes with "just" three velcro
straps are "good enough" or...
Forum: UK March 26th 08, 08:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Abuses Of This NewsGroup

On Mar 24, 5:25*am, Walney wrote:
This formerly excellent newsgroup is being swamped by spam. *Can
nothing be done to prevent this?

Naive non-techie

Well, one other...
Forum: UK March 3rd 08, 09:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Unanswered Questions

On Feb 29, 7:22*am, Nuxx Bar wrote:
Don't forget, no lists or anything else until the two lead trolls stop
evading these questions and answer them properly.

Ah, I...
Forum: UK February 28th 08, 07:11 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 54
Posted By [email protected]
"Cycling as a mass form of transport is pure fantasy"

On Feb 28, 3:00*am, Peter Clinch wrote:
Dave Larrington wrote:
,
Just zis Guy, you know? tweaked...
Forum: General February 28th 08, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 484
Posted By [email protected]
Saw an intelligent cager today

On Feb 27, 12:26*am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
wrote:
He was wearing one of those bright orange hunting vests and *you couldn't
miss seeing him. Why don't...
Forum: General February 9th 08, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
bike lights

On Feb 8, 7:02 pm, "ilaboo" wrote:
finally had an oppurtunity to watch a biker with one of those flashing red
leds at night on a rural road--biker had on one of those...
Forum: General February 9th 08, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Performance Bike: finances?

On Feb 8, 5:04 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
Last night's "Special!" email from PerfBike tickled something in my
brain. Why are they so desperately seeking business...
Forum: General February 8th 08, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Performance Bike: finances?

Last night's "Special!" email from PerfBike tickled something in my
brain. Why are they so desperately seeking business that has to hit
the bank by February 11? Not exactly one of the traditional...
Forum: Techniques January 24th 08, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Touring Rim Advice

On Jan 24, 1:30*pm, daveornee daveornee.33p...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
John Everett Wrote:
A few years ago my touring bike's (Fuji Touring Series) rear wheel
(Alex AL DA-16...
Forum: General January 2nd 08, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
2008 Mileage Goals

On Jan 2, 2:58*am, (Tom Keats) wrote: