Showing results 1 to 25 of 40
Search took 4.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Clayton
Forum: UK December 16th 06, 11:49 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 40
Posted By John Clayton
Why they don't cycle:

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
In article
John Clayton...
Forum: UK December 16th 06, 01:06 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 40
Posted By John Clayton
Why they don't cycle:

Ikea reportetly gave away 9,000? folding bikes to their staff today.
Steve (R2 DJ) Wright's "assistant" enquired if you had to assemble them.
Should see some excuses soon. Strange timing though for...
Forum: UK December 16th 06, 12:06 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By John Clayton
The School Run

"Paul Boyd" wrote in message
On 15/12/2006 20:09, Mike Causer said,

... the second lost some business because I was actually...
Forum: UK December 10th 06, 07:07 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By John Clayton
"Driver banned for Olympian crash"

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
Forum: UK December 7th 06, 12:31 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By John Clayton
Bloody London Bus

"M-gineering" wrote in message

Pah, you got it easy, here a busdriver shot a cyclist today!
(ok, it was a minibus...
Forum: UK December 6th 06, 01:44 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By John Clayton
Yet another cyclist seriously injured by a truck

Wish you, your complaint and us all well.

John

"al Mossah" wrote in message

Peter Grange wrote:
Forum: UK December 1st 06, 01:33 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By John Clayton
Yet another cyclist seriously injured by a truck

This is miserable, truly horrible.
Just try to imagine if it were you / your spouse there today.
The pain, the possible lifelong injury.
Bloody hell - why on earth can't these stupid *******s look in...
Forum: UK November 30th 06, 08:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By John Clayton
cycling art

What I call a link Andy!
John

Google is your friend

Forum: UK November 29th 06, 08:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By John Clayton
cycling art

Our works mural?
www.ossettmouldings.com/mural.html

This now has six or seven blokes crossing the bridge.

Is also a far superior, very atmospheric mural in nearby Morley, Leeds of
Beryl Burton...
Forum: UK November 28th 06, 08:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By John Clayton
Continuing Hassle from motorised traffic -- a little rant

My own "wish list" is not cycle paths or more road engineering /
improvements.

I reckon we need a really big spend on driver education - like the short
lived "think bike" campaign that tried to...
Forum: UK November 27th 06, 01:15 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 16
Posted By John Clayton
ghent tragedy

I'm sure they still race at the "outmoded" c.1967 stadium.
They only track fatality I can ever recall is a Japanese bloke (Hirama?) who
fell in a motor pace race and got run over by some 2008cc...
Forum: UK November 20th 06, 12:18 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By John Clayton
Velodrome - tonight's meeting

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

"John Clayton" wrote in message
Forum: UK November 19th 06, 07:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By John Clayton
Velodrome - tonight's meeting

What I'd like to know is whether the velodrome for the London Olympics
will
have a seating capacity the would make a 6-day event economical. I believe
it was Ron Webb who said that even if...
Forum: UK November 18th 06, 09:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By John Clayton
Velodrome - tonight's meeting

Was very surprisingly full up, sold out, house full, no seats, no standing
tickets left either.
Four of us got there before the start, had a wasted journey from Wakefield.
There was scores, perhaps...
Forum: UK November 5th 06, 06:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 40
Posted By John Clayton
Cambridge Police crackdown

Never mind the fancy debate, this is absolute and utter b*ll*cks.
For instance this debate would not occur in Denmark or Holland - or any
other civilised nation.
Trouble is here we are subject to...
Forum: UK November 5th 06, 12:00 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By John Clayton
Today's Independent

"Phil Clarke" wrote in
How many occurances of wing mirror snapping have
really occured? I think it's an urban myth.

I've tried it (on a scrap car. :)...
Forum: UK November 3rd 06, 12:47 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 102
Posted By John Clayton
Rising bollards

"Don Whybrow"
Another idiot has been caught on camera:

http://www.break.com/index/another_car_versus_metal_pole.html

To see this one has to take all sorts of computer viral risks - it seems...
Forum: UK October 31st 06, 08:41 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By John Clayton
Dedicated cycle racing circuits

Charlie Riys, a race promoter of the 1960's took us out the Hilversum about
1966 to show us a 150m? outdoor velodrome built by the local club (and a
plasterer).
As he said "don't moan about lack of...
Forum: UK October 31st 06, 08:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By John Clayton
Do errant motorists deserve to have their side mirrors smashed?

spindrift wrote:
Controversial:

If everyone adopted this meek, submissive approach, how on earth will
drivers learn to treat cyclists with respect and give them the room
prescribed...
Forum: UK October 5th 06, 10:59 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 31
Posted By John Clayton
Speed Humps

Little/ big bit of new news. Driving home (this time) down the same bit of
road.
Cyclist in front of me falls off on the first hump (I fell on the second
one). He seemed unhurt, certainly claimed...
Forum: UK October 4th 06, 07:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 31
Posted By John Clayton
Speed Humps

I had a really heavy fall on one of these, off to hospital, the lot. It's a
big mistake to introduce actual hazards while citing safety.

In this I'd include overwide/ unnecessary central bollards,...
Forum: UK September 27th 06, 11:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By John Clayton
1500 drivers caught with mobiles

I'm honestly surprised by the "1500 caught".
I truthfully imagined no-one had yet been done for this.
So surprised.

--
John Clayton
www.calder-clarion.co.uk

Sad, dissapointed but not surprised at this news of a possible ocurrence.

Aggression and awful/ dangerously offensive behaviour against vulnerable
road users and peds. on our roads is frankly far...
Forum: UK September 18th 06, 06:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By John Clayton
"Sorry mate, sorry mate, sorry mate"

Part way up Ewden Bank on Strines Moor Road is Clancy's Farm. They have a
small terrier type dog that sometimes attaches itself to your ankle.
it's done me and a club mate.

Strange thing is he was...
Forum: UK September 14th 06, 07:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 138
Posted By John Clayton
Cyclists being nicked in London

Interesting, the tone of the ads at the bottom of that page. "How to get
your points revoked, how to speed and get off scott free" type of thing.

--
John Clayton
www.calder-clarion.co.uk