Showing results 1 to 25 of 54
Search took 3.34 seconds.
Forum: Racing June 1st 07, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 122
Posted By [email protected]
Big Mig - honest, dishonest?

Are we talking US race scene riders or beyond? Anyone not know about
Papp?

I don't want to slander people with speculation, but there are plenty
of riders that I strongly think are doping. ...
Forum: Racing May 31st 07, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 122
Posted By [email protected]
Big Mig - honest, dishonest?

I would argue that Julich was clean, and Eki became clean later in his
career, but it's irrelevant because you can't prove anything now.
Just leave it be and move on in the right direction. ...
Forum: Racing May 25th 07, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 122
Posted By [email protected]
Big Mig - honest, dishonest?

On May 25, 1:58 pm, "B. Lafferty"
wrote:
"RonSonic" wrote in message

On...
Forum: Racing May 25th 07, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 122
Posted By [email protected]
Big Mig - honest, dishonest?

I too will always think of him as being a dignified patron of the
peleton and-- rightyl or wrongly-- as a clean rider. Perhaps this is
naive but it is how I want to remember him.

Yes, this is...
Forum: Racing May 21st 07, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Time to change up your webpage, doper papp

On May 20, 12:52 pm, wrote:
It's shameful what is up there. Inspirational quotes, lots of back-
patting, selling coaching services, and the following nugget:

Forum: Racing May 20th 07, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Joe Papp

I'm sure it was cool ... but these seemed to be mostly small-time
races ridden by small-time teams. It's not that hard to take out an
international license with the USCF and go race overseas,...
Forum: Racing May 20th 07, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Joe Papp

I'm sure it was cool ... but these seemed to be mostly small-time
races ridden by small-time teams. It's not that hard to take out an
international license with the USCF and go race overseas,...
Forum: Racing May 18th 07, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 146
Posted By [email protected]
has Lemond lost his damn mind?

On May 17, 7:00 pm, Bill C wrote:
On May 17, 6:37 pm, "

wrote:
I wonder if Lemond hates Boyer as much as Landis...
Forum: Racing May 17th 07, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 146
Posted By [email protected]
has Lemond lost his damn mind?

I wonder if Lemond hates Boyer as much as Landis and Armstrong.
Afterall, Boyer is a convicted pedophile. Must be awkward either
way. This whole case is made for TV BS. What the hell does this...
Forum: Techniques May 5th 07, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 52
Posted By [email protected]
Leg Cramps - HELP !!!!

Leg cramps are a fairly common but poorly understood condition that
could be caused by any number of things, including electrolyte
imbalances and dehydration. I would not recommend jumping the gun...
Forum: Racing May 5th 07, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Leg Cramps - HELP !!!!

Leg cramps are a fairly common but poorly understood condition that
could be caused by any number of things, including electrolyte
imbalances and dehydration. I would not recommend jumping the gun...
Forum: Racing March 1st 07, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 67
Posted By [email protected]
Lance- Breaking Away actors weren't cyclists

On Feb 28, 3:14 pm, Diablo Scott wrote:
KC wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 28, 1:02 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
On Conan...
Forum: Racing February 28th 07, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 168
Posted By [email protected]
The Writing is on the Wall

On Feb 26, 3:12 pm, "Kurgan Gringioni" wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/26/AR200...

Five western states to bypass Bush on...
Forum: Racing January 29th 07, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Page proved NOTHING!

Too bad for Groenendaal, though. No one taught him that you should
never chase yourself down, who help others do it.

From Cycling News:

"Groenendaal was joined in the lead during the fourth lap...
Forum: Racing January 28th 07, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Page proved NOTHING!

I wasn't there, but think Page had an exceptional day (probaly his
best) and I doubt he would not have made the podium because he's got a
good finish. It sucks for Wellens, but the dude really...
Forum: Racing January 28th 07, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Page proved NOTHING!

You guys are the biggest trolls on RBR. It's so tiresome hearing the
same old crap to egg on Page supporters. While I'm surprised a bit by
his 2nd place, he rode a clean race, which is as much a...
Forum: Racing January 24th 07, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Museeuw confesses the use of Aranesp

Is this really news? He finally admitted it.

On Jan 24, 4:52 am, Dan Gregory
wrote:
B. Lafferty wrote:
But "only" in the last year. This is beyond...
Forum: Racing January 20th 07, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
McQuaid: Dope scandals threaten cycling's Olympic status

WHAT ON EARTH WILL TRAUTWIG TALK ABOUT?

Fred Fredburger wrote:
wrote in message
IThe status of...
Forum: Racing January 19th 07, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
McQuaid: Dope scandals threaten cycling's Olympic status

IThe status of cycling as an Olympic discipline could be under threat
because of doping issues, the head of the Union Cycliste Internationale
warned Friday.

"If we continue like this, we run the...
Forum: Racing January 19th 07, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
McQuaid: Dope scandals threaten cycling's Olympic status

IThe status of cycling as an Olympic discipline could be under threat
because of doping issues, the head of the Union Cycliste Internationale
warned Friday.

"If we continue like this, we run the...
Forum: Racing December 28th 06, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Why is Jesse Anthony not at Cross Camp?

For some odd reason, Jesse is trying to be a U.S. road pro instead of
focusing on what he is best at. Based on Page's experience, he'd
probably make a lot better money too.

CH

cockblock wrote:
Forum: Racing December 17th 06, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Tough ****, Floyd.

You'd think! I think the whole process is pretty screwed. Guilt or
not, the guy isn't getting a fair trial and will fair much worse than a
real doper like Hamilton...at least we must assume so...
Forum: Racing December 13th 06, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
registration VS confiscation

I'd say you're both to blame. You can never assume anything, HOWEVER,
the way reg is set up at bikereg, you don't really have an option to
add a lot of info to your reg. Also, the promoter should...
Forum: Racing October 21st 06, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
USCF rule change -- a bad one

I've found most promoters are fair about refunds, at least under
extenuating circumstances. I think putting this rule into place will
burden a promoter. Hey two weeks notice is one thing, but...
Forum: Racing September 26th 06, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Race Schedule for 2007

Hi Steve,

I work with Fernando Carvalho Ciclismo (in Portugal) on training &
racing camps there throughout the year. I may be able to help set you
up with a race schedule.
Best,

Chris Harnish,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 54