Showing results 1 to 25 of 205
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bernhard Agthe
Forum: Techniques January 3rd 11, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Bernhard Agthe
Gearing

Hi,

On 01/03/2011 08:09 AM, Wes Newell wrote:
Couldn't find a cheap one. By the time I bought the freewheel and tools,
it was going cost About $50. And then I'd have to remove the wheel, etc.,
Forum: Techniques September 6th 10, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 151
Posted By Bernhard Agthe
Inflatable helmet, really

Hi,

On 09/02/2010 02:18 AM, James wrote:
why not an inflatable helmet? Deflated to fit in your bag, and with a

There's a rumor about a helmet-maker's conference in lovely Austria....
Forum: Techniques July 16th 10, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Bernhard Agthe
A bizarre "solution" to another self-inflicted "problem" imposedon us by weight weenies

Hi,

On 07/15/2010 07:41 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
Are you sure you're an engineer, Colesy?

On Jul 15, 1:09 pm, Peter wrote:
I like really flimsy
fenders. I'd...
Forum: Techniques June 8th 10, 11:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Bernhard Agthe
Prescription eyeglasses for touring

Hi,

wrote:
Problem is.... I very near sighted and its best for me
to keep lens dimensions as small as possible otherwise
I get very thick heavy glasses plus vision distortions
Forum: Techniques May 12th 10, 08:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Bernhard Agthe
Stabilizing Kodak Zx1 image on bike mount

Hi,

Andre Jute wrote:
Hey, Bernard, whatever it is you're smoking, send me some. I'm talking
about a humble little action cam to capture the license plates of
roadhogs. It is also cheap enough...
Forum: Techniques May 12th 10, 08:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Bernhard Agthe
Stabilizing Kodak Zx1 image on bike mount

Hi,

Phil W Lee wrote:
Bernhard Agthe considered Tue, 11 May 2010
set it to "Tv" mode

Do you mean "record"?
Would that be in 30 or 60fps 1280x720, or 30fps vga...
Forum: Techniques May 11th 10, 11:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Bernhard Agthe
Stabilizing Kodak Zx1 image on bike mount

Hi,

Andre Jute wrote:
What can I do to stabilize the image on my Kodak Zx1 on its handlebar
mount? there is already a layer of rubber between the mount and the
handlebar.

Sorry to sound rude,...
Forum: General April 28th 10, 11:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 30
Posted By Bernhard Agthe
Gearing for touring

Hi,

having had basically the same problem...

steck wrote:
It was a bit tough getting up some of those Tasmanian hills. I
confess to walking some of them.
The Volpe's smallest ring is 28T,...
Forum: Techniques April 28th 10, 11:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 38

steck wrote:
It was a bit tough getting up some of those Tasmanian hills. I
confess to walking some of them.
The Volpe's smallest ring is 28T,...
Forum: Techniques March 22nd 10, 09:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Bernhard Agthe
Child seat

Hi,

Squat'n Dive wrote:
What do I need a helmet for? I don't wear one, does my kid need a
helmet?

Though I agree with you, helmet-hysteria has reached absurd levels here
- I regularly see...
Forum: Techniques March 18th 10, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Bernhard Agthe
Child seat

Hi,

Squat'n Dive wrote:
I'm looking for a child seat options. Thinking of mounting the seat on
the seatpost of my bikes

Most has been said, the main points seem to be:

With a "rack seat"...
Forum: Techniques February 23rd 10, 10:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 74
Posted By Bernhard Agthe
Flashing lights cause accidents -- police experience

Hi,

Phil W Lee wrote:
(cheap hub dynamo wheels)
That is not the case here (I wish it was).

They should sell the same Shimano hub dynamos as they do here - and
those are really cheap. In...
Forum: Techniques February 23rd 10, 09:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 74
Posted By Bernhard Agthe
Flashing lights cause accidents -- police experience

Hi,

Simon Lewis wrote:
Reflectors on ortlieb for example are MUCH better than natural light at
being seen by a car approaching from the rear IMO. And the great thing
about them is they are on...
Forum: Techniques February 22nd 10, 01:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Bernhard Agthe
BOB vs LongTail?

Hi,

mostly in the same fashion...

Andre Jute wrote:
A bit off the OP's interest, but what do you think of this small-wheel

When I was looking for cargo-carrying ability a while back, I...
Forum: Techniques February 22nd 10, 11:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 74
Posted By Bernhard Agthe
Flashing lights cause accidents -- police experience

Hi,

Nate Nagel wrote:
Along the same lines, does anyone make "suitable" wheel reflectors of
any type? This is more of an academic question than one that has actual
bearing on my life, as...
Forum: Techniques February 22nd 10, 11:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 74
Posted By Bernhard Agthe
Flashing lights cause accidents -- police experience

Hi,

Frank Krygowski wrote:
Here in the US, the requirements of the law vary state by state,
although most states are similar. However, even blatant violations by
cyclists are almost always...
Forum: Techniques February 22nd 10, 11:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 74
Posted By Bernhard Agthe
Flashing lights cause accidents -- police experience

Hi,

thirty-six wrote:
The lights you need to match car headlights are reflectors. Put white
reflective tape in three sections on your wheel rims and you get the
flashing lights while the...
Forum: Techniques February 22nd 10, 11:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 74
Posted By Bernhard Agthe
Flashing lights cause accidents -- police experience

Hi,

Phil W Lee wrote:
Is Germany not a party to the European convention allowing the use of
equipment legal in one EU country to be used in another?

Don't really know, the German light...
Forum: Techniques February 16th 10, 11:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 74
Posted By Bernhard Agthe
Flashing lights cause accidents -- police experience

Hi,

Andre Jute wrote:
(Full quote removed)
Your point of view is very clear, Bernard. I'm disappointed to hear
the German authorities are no more accomplished at arranging safe
cycling than my...
Forum: Techniques February 15th 10, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 74
Posted By Bernhard Agthe
Flashing lights cause accidents -- police experience

Hi,

Andre Jute wrote:
As y'all know, in addition to steady dynamo lights (BUMM Cyo and
D'Toplight) on day and night, I also run white forward and red rear
flashing lights on day and night as...
Forum: Techniques January 29th 10, 09:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Bernhard Agthe
SRAM X.9 or Shimano Deore XT?

Hi,

Tom Sherman °_° wrote:
Opinions on and/or reports on experience with which group would be
better suited and/or a better value for road use on a flat-bar bicycle.
Shifters used would...
Forum: Techniques January 25th 10, 01:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By Bernhard Agthe
upgrading to go faster

Hi,

steve wrote:
my age group when I turn 60 next year. To this end I’m planning to
make a few improvements to my bike. The only thing I’m sure I will do
is get aero bars. Given that I’m...
Forum: Techniques January 22nd 10, 11:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Bernhard Agthe
Bicycle Sky Lane

Hi,

bicycle_disciple wrote:
An architect from Hungary proposed taking bicycle traffic to the skies
instead of the road. http://bit.ly/6DrfJD Its bizarre and is just in
conceptual stages now,...
Forum: Techniques December 21st 09, 01:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 336
Posted By Bernhard Agthe
Obstructions

Hi,

Ed Mooring wrote:
Question for you (and John Dacy if he happens to read this): What do you use
to carry your camera? I've just acquired a DSLR and I'm fond of taking a
camera on my rides,...
Forum: Techniques December 17th 09, 09:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Bernhard Agthe
A new way to confuse motorists.

Hi,

Dan O wrote:
In my area we are more fortunate to have explicit language defining
unsafe operation of a bicycle on the sidewalk. Among others, is this:

Translated to the city I live...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 205