Showing results 1 to 25 of 59
Search took 1.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tak
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Tak
Unicycles on the plane (long instructions)

wobbling bear;1164712 wrote:
Hey I am going to fly with this company!: maximum 2 baggages and each
baggage no more than 23kilos. that makes a total of 46kg!
usually I can't fly with more than...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Tak
Unicycles on the plane (long instructions)

mikepenton;1164611 wrote:
I've been suprisingly lucky recently with what must be the world's worst
airline for excess charges: Ryan Air. If you have one bag to check in
that'll be an extra £16...
Forum: Unicycling January 2nd 09, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By Tak
10-15 hours of practice gets you where, now ?

monocyclism;1159982 wrote:
I’m doing a little off road but heading towards imminent purchase of
36er so I can learn to ride roads by summer 09 – this will be safer
territory methinks.

I...
Forum: Unicycling January 2nd 09, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Tak
Mapping Distance Rides

My wife uses 'eCoach' (http://ecoach.garage.maemo.org/) with her GPS
device.
'Active.com' (http://active.com) has a good gmaps-based utility that
allows you to plan, create, and save your routes with...
Forum: Unicycling December 20th 08, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By Tak
Tips please--- How to fall and avoid injury.

MuniAddict;1153602 wrote:
(I only wish this was the only kind "bailing" I did!:p )

Ugh. I'd rather bail off a unicycle all day.

--
Tak
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By Tak
Tips please--- How to fall and avoid injury.

Jerrick;1152874 wrote:
Take a few martial arts classes. A lot of them will have classes just on
learning how to fall and roll. Doesnt take years of classes either.

I second this, and would...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By Tak
Twitter uni - twuni

evil-nick;1152617 wrote:
But if/when I get a cell, I'll twitter *from* my uni ;)

Oh, man...totally need to go uni wardriving!

--
Tak
Forum: Unicycling December 18th 08, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Hey, that's awesome! Sounds like you're ready to break free from your
tennis court bondage!
Keep it up, man! :D

--
Tak

"Unicycling goes against common sense."...
Forum: Unicycling December 18th 08, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By Tak
Bicycle helmet vs Skate helmet

harper;1152271 wrote:

Dude, that post was AWESOME!!!!! :D:D:D:eek:

feel the light;1152386 wrote:
I am not knocking the skater helmets, in a colder place they might be
great, as well...
Forum: Unicycling December 14th 08, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Tak
Adventure sports and the West

tholub;1149269 wrote:
You could equally assert that guys wearing spurs and leather chaps and
10-gallon hats look ridiculous, and in certain contexts, they do. (For
example, if someone dressed...
Forum: Unicycling December 13th 08, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Tak
Nimbus Gel or Kris holm fusion?

hungry4uni;1148522 wrote:
Was this purchase a good choice?

In a few weeks, you can tell us. ;)

--
Tak
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

What about one of the systems where you can "lock" the brake at a
certain drag without applying continuous pressure? I thought I saw a
thread recently where MuniAddict was espousing these...

--...
Forum: Unicycling December 10th 08, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Tak
Quest for pink components

fluxusmaximus wrote:
Qu-Ax has a pink seat.

Halo has an AWESOME PINK TIRE - comes in 24 too.

That tire is exactly what I'm looking for.
However, I can't find the seat anywhere but...
Forum: Unicycling December 10th 08, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Tak
Tampa Bay 10k

Good question - I'm not up for a race either.
A social ride would be great, though.

Another question: I think this has been mentioned in a few different
threads - is it 10k or 20k?

--
Tak
Forum: Unicycling December 9th 08, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Cool, and it looks like they sell all their components separately as
well.
I have to say though, I hate 'their website'
(http://www.koxx-one.com/).

--
Tak

"Unicycling goes against common sense."...
Forum: Unicycling December 9th 08, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Tak
Quest for pink components

Hello,
I'm on a quest for pink components - the pinker, the better.
The 'Phantom Hoppley'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=941) and 'Pink...
Forum: Unicycling December 5th 08, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By Tak
Unicycle in Wal-Mart

Aww, I thought this thread was going to be about walmart beginning to
sell unicycles.

I don't see how they can reasonably object - it's not like they can
claim you're stealing it...

--
Tak
Forum: Unicycling December 2nd 08, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

tfpoke;1141642 wrote:
My nephew who weighs 170 lbs. actually blew out the tube this weekend.

Eek, to what pressure did you have it inflated?

scott ttocs;1141689 wrote:
I would probably...
Forum: Unicycling December 1st 08, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Tak
how long before balance becomes "second nature"

I also learned under time constraints - I couldn't commit several hours
each day.
When I could ride 100m or so, I plotted out a loop around several
blocks in my neighborhood, then spent my allotted...
Forum: Unicycling November 29th 08, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Tak
Fox Flux Helmet - search for low price

'PricePoint' (http://tinyurl.com/5znun4) appears to have the Stone Camo
color in L/XL for $70.

--
Tak

"Unicycling goes against common sense."...
Forum: Unicycling November 26th 08, 11:15 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 29
Posted By Tak
Do you guys ACTUALLY get mad??

unicyclerperson;1138788 wrote:
I get a lot of "is it hard?" which I usually say "Not when you get used
to it.".

"These shorts don't hide -anything-, do they?"

--
Tak
Forum: Unicycling November 25th 08, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Nurse Ben;1137821 wrote:
Then Sunday my son took a hard fall, dove forward over a log and landed
on his thumb, bending it back, fortunately it was not broken.

I sustained a similar injury...
Forum: Unicycling November 25th 08, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By Tak
Today I... (brag thread)

Today I did my 7-mile commute for the first time. Most enjoyable commute
ever.

--
Tak

"Unicycling goes against common sense."...
Forum: Unicycling October 31st 08, 01:19 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 42
Posted By Tak
Critical Mass in your city?

tholub;1122144 wrote:
The fact that you would identify the sidewalk as a reasonable place to
bike makes me question your ability to recognize reasonable
alternatives.

And the fact that you...
Forum: Unicycling October 31st 08, 05:06 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 42
Posted By Tak
Critical Mass in your city?

tholub;1121968 wrote:
Perhaps there isn't a reasonable alternative.

As a cyclist myself (what forum is this?), I'm quite capable of
recognizing a reasonable alternative, even when piloting...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 59