Showing results 1 to 25 of 352
Search took 1.34 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: unisk8r
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By unisk8r
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

I can tell you first-hand, I purposely filed no IP rights on the
V-frame. That design is open for anyone to manufacture and sell.

And the V-frame is no heavier than the overall weight of most of...
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By unisk8r
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

Just logged on after a while away, and this thread is great! The "T"
frame has been invented as a cheaper alternative to making a "V" frame.

Design-wise, as folks have rightly pointed out, that's...
Forum: Unicycling December 21st 08, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By unisk8r
post your homemade handlebars here!

If one has longer legs, it might be possible on the V frame to set the
bar stem a bit higher for knee clearance, and have the bars angled down
a bit, to a lower hand position.

Just remember that the...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By unisk8r
post your homemade handlebars here!

mtnjeffe;1153166 wrote:
Unisk8r - would you mind if I sent a picture of your v-frame to Rick
Hunter to see what he says about manufacturing something similar. Also
if you are ok with it, is...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By unisk8r
post your homemade handlebars here!

Compare my "tuck" position to someone like Dustin Schaap's more vertical
bars:

|Filename: 20070923.DSchaap.jpg ...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By unisk8r
post your homemade handlebars here!

Me on Florian Green's 2007 shake-down ride:

--
unisk8r
unisk8r's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4660
Replies: 67
Posted By unisk8r
post your homemade handlebars here!

corbin: those are just cut-up pieces of 7/8" alloy drop handlebars,
re-welded (by TIG) into the shapes and lengths I wanted to try.

brycer1968: I have tried mounting elbow aero pads (the folding...
Forum: Unicycling December 17th 08, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By unisk8r
this shoe?

1. Throw an old pair of shoes at Bush.

2. Sell said shoes for millions of dollars:
http://www.qatarliving.com/node/297691

3. Buy as many new shoes as you wish for unicycling evaluation.

4. Also...
Forum: Unicycling December 17th 08, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By unisk8r
post your homemade handlebars here!

Heres the first set of bars I had on Florian Green. The intent was to
have close grips for mounting and slow speeds, as well as multiple
forward positions for speed...
Forum: Unicycling December 11th 08, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By unisk8r
post your homemade handlebars here!

Oh how I miss Florian Green! Maybe he and The Red Menace can roll on
down the road together some day!

As for the handles (and without voting for mine), I still think JC
takes the design cake.

--...
Forum: Unicycling December 2nd 08, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By unisk8r
home made tire anyone?

Got a question: what overall tire diameter are you shooting for?

The 36" tires actually are 36" OD when inflated. Do you think you'll
wind up with a 32", or some other OD?

--...
Forum: Unicycling November 29th 08, 05:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By unisk8r
Red Menace 36 update

By the way, past inventors have utilized a jackshaft approach, such as
Keith Macay of the UK. I merely refined the...
Forum: Unicycling November 29th 08, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By unisk8r
Red Menace 36 update

chuckaeronut;1138957 wrote:
Would it be possible to make it be able to disengage the jackshaft
drivetrain and re-engage a 1-1 lock-in to make the cranks lock directly
to the hub, to enable...
Forum: Unicycling October 4th 08, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 93
Posted By unisk8r
Timbob's Awsome KH seat

+1 on the great thread.
Someone mentioned using a nut on the topside of a carbon base. Here's
the kind of nut I glue to the carbon, through the round hole. It allows
using a flat head bolt from the...
Forum: Unicycling September 18th 08, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By unisk8r
Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

unisk8r wrote:
...Wallis is...wider in the center than a KH

Guess I'm Dr. Pepper (so misunderstood!)

--
unisk8r
Forum: Unicycling September 16th 08, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Gemcrest was based on a Miyata base I believe, but Wallis is about the
same or maybe at most just a couple mm wider in the center than a KH
(which is the narrowest center section).

--...
Forum: Unicycling September 15th 08, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By unisk8r
Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

Actually the Wallis cf base is slightly narrower than the Gemcrest, and
definitely flatter (a good thing!).

--...
Forum: Unicycling September 8th 08, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By unisk8r
Who would buy pedals for $500.00

Ti spindles to fit the Wellgo MG-1:
http://tinyurl.com/58k7fa

--
unisk8r
unisk8r's Profile:...

Now's the time to found a Guni Museum. Start with this thing (is it even
fixed-gear?). Imagine what will be viewed as archaic 10 years from now!
The Guni of the future will be incredible!

--...
Forum: Unicycling August 6th 08, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 92
Posted By unisk8r
Future of Unicycle Road Racing (here's what I think; what do you think?)

joemarshall wrote:
... The geared hour record is a joke - any bugger with a schlumpf and
access to a flat loop could set that higher tomorrow - whereas the
ungeared one is hard (although I...
Forum: Unicycling August 6th 08, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 92
Posted By unisk8r
Future of Unicycle Road Racing (here's what I think; what do you think?)

DustinSchaap wrote:
... Combined, all the fastest times including geared AND ungeared.
Geared, all the fastest times ridden on geared unicycles, including the
Unicon 13 fastest geared times...
Forum: Unicycling August 6th 08, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 92
Posted By unisk8r
Future of Unicycle Road Racing (here's what I think; what do you think?)

siafirede wrote:
Now THAT would be awesome. Maybe unisk8r can rig this up on one of his
set ups and see how it rides.

This has to be one of the best threads ever!

I thought about running a...
Forum: Unicycling May 14th 08, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By unisk8r
The Ultimate Touring Unicycle? Nearly!

semach, what does water in the brake line do better than the magura oil?

--
unisk8r
unisk8r's Profile:...

looks like a miniature penny farthing

--
unisk8r
unisk8r's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4660
View this...
Forum: Unicycling April 10th 08, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By unisk8r
My take on the geared 36 after having to switch back to Nimbus 36.

Excellent post, chuck! I too have always had problems with sustained
high cadences, hence my passion for the lower-cadence gunis to make
speed.

On another note, everyone should understand that a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 352