Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.97 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rex
Forum: Australia October 5th 08, 11:28 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 17
Posted By Rex
Magpie Attack Protection

Good sunnies doesnt always help. I had one strike underneath the sunnies -
bled so much that my water bottle was alonst completely covered from the
blood running out. Rode into the emergency dept....
Forum: Australia August 12th 08, 12:45 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By Rex
objects thrown from car

Riding home from the shops last night. Someone threw an object at me from a
car. I think it was an egg, not sure - was dark so hard to tell. They missed
anyway. I was just riding along in a...
Forum: Techniques May 26th 08, 10:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Rex
electric assistance bike (200W legal limit in Australia)

Hello all,

Some questions on electric assistance.

My wife has never done much riding. She wants to ride the bikes downtown to
do our shopping (petrol saver). We tow a trailer which the child rides...
Forum: Australia May 25th 08, 11:11 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By Rex
electric assisted bikes??

Hello all,

Some questions on electric assistance.

My wife has never done much riding. She wants to ride the bikes downtown to
do our shopping (petrol saver). We tow a trailer which the child rides...
Forum: Techniques May 19th 08, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Rex
high powered torch as a headlight

Hello,

Thinking about getting a high powered (Cree LED emitter) torch as a
headlight. 200+ lumens output.

I dont expect it to be as good as a bicycle headlight with similar lumen
output (eg....
Forum: Australia May 17th 08, 11:07 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By Rex
using a high powered torch as a headlight??

Seen the deal extreme site. THinking of getting the triple cree light they
have.

I have a dinotte tail light. It is very, very good - gets everyones
attention. But just wasnt sure if I wanted to...
Forum: Australia May 16th 08, 01:10 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 19
Posted By Rex
Wireless bike computers

picked up one from Aldi for $15 recently. Does the job well!

wrote in message
Hi all,

my computer...
Forum: Australia May 15th 08, 09:16 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By Rex
using a high powered torch as a headlight??

Hello,

Thinking about getting a high powered (Fenix with a Cree LED emitter) torch
as a headlight. 200+ lumens output.

I dont expect it to be as good as a bicycle headlight (eg. ayup/dinotte),...
Forum: Techniques February 24th 08, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Rex
SRAM compatibility

Hello all!

Does anyone know how compatible SRAM Force and Rival are with Shimano? Their
website doesnt appear to give a clear answer (from what I found anyway).

Can a SRAM cassette or chain be...
Forum: Australia February 10th 08, 03:07 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By Rex
groupsets for time trial (or triathlon) bikes

Hello!

Anyone seen on-line retailers selling groupsets for the time trial/triathlon
style of bike at reasonable prices?

(eg. not the STI levers, bu the traditional style of lever mounted on the...
Forum: Australia February 7th 08, 11:19 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 20
Posted By Rex
Sheldon-Brown-RIP

But what is going on? Cycling is supposed to keep you fit and healthy
yet he was only 63 and suffered a heart attack

A 65 year old friend who cycles 60 miles a day and is built like a
Forum: Australia December 31st 07, 09:18 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 35
Posted By Rex
Cost of Bike Gear in Australia

So does anyone know how Apple gets away with it for Ipods? There are the
same price everywhere - no discounting.

"John Henderson" wrote in message...
Forum: Australia December 29th 07, 10:01 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By Rex
tube deals??

Hello!

Anyone know of any cheap deals on road bike tubes? Torpedo7 dont have the 10
packs on their site anymore.
Forum: Australia December 7th 07, 09:45 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 12
Posted By Rex
buying a cheap road bike

Tried ebay. Hasnt been much use. I was winning in one auction - but got
outbid in the last 10 seconds.

I live in a rural area. Most bikes are saying pick up only - or are charging
big money for...
Forum: Australia December 6th 07, 11:15 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 12
Posted By Rex
buying a cheap road bike

Hello all

I'm looking for a cheap road bike - must have triple chainring, as the
intention is to tow a trailer.

Anyone have any experience with the cheapest Cell bike, or the Shimano S2200...
Forum: Australia November 25th 07, 11:40 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By Rex
ultrasonic cleaners

That is why I was asking! Just wondering if it would be worthwhile.

I use kero to clean the chain at the moment - would this work in an
ultrasonic?

"heh heh" not@here wrote in message...
Forum: Australia November 24th 07, 11:30 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By Rex
ultrasonic cleaners

I have heard about using ultrasonic cleaners to clean a chain.

Has anyone here used one? What fluid do you use in it?
Forum: Australia November 20th 07, 11:46 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By Rex
No Stability Control - no car of the year

http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/News/COTY+opts+for+ESP.html

They have given them until 2010. But this sounds like a good move from
Wheels
Forum: Australia November 9th 07, 11:08 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 31
Posted By Rex
What small car fits a 55 cm bike in the back easily

I'm interested in how the new Skoda Roomster would go.

Looks tall at the back. Apparently there are some bike mounts available for
the luggage area.

And the back seats can be tilted, moved...
Forum: Australia November 9th 07, 11:03 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 31
Posted By Rex
What small car fits a 55 cm bike in the back easily

Barina has a very poor safety rating since Holden went for a Korean model
built by Daewoo.

"Bleve" wrote in message...
Forum: Australia November 4th 07, 11:01 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By Rex
Magpies

Had exactly the same problem at my place!!!!

I put my bike shoes on at the end of my driveway (so I am not walking on the
cleats)

And while I put my shoes on - the magpie is swooping!!! He then...
Forum: Australia October 28th 07, 02:59 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By Rex
wanted a 2nd hand road bike

Hello

Anyone know of anyone selling a second hand road bike in the South East QLD
region?

I have particular requirements.

MUST MUST MUST - be triple chainring. I need low gearing for towing.
My...
Forum: Australia October 28th 07, 02:57 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By Rex
anyone using dinotte lights

I've just ordered a taillight.

ANyone using the front lights, and in aprticaulr the helmet mount?

Any comments?
Forum: Australia September 21st 07, 01:18 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By Rex
anyone seen polar accessories cheap

I'm looking for a S-series speed and cadence sensor.

ANyone had any luck getting them cheaper than the $85-99 charged by many
on-line retailers?
Forum: Australia September 11th 07, 08:04 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 34
Posted By Rex
car vs bike commuting on 'the car show'

It is people like Glen RIdge causing the problem in the first place.

Public transport is cheaper and quicker, yet he still says he wants to drive
the car! Big cause of the traffic problems...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26