Showing results 1 to 25 of 392
Search took 1.78 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Eroick
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Eroick
Mapping Distance Rides

Hey, I just wrote a little thing on some mapping services'over here'
(http://municycle.ca/teamcanadablog/index.php?blog=8). It covers two
services: MapMyRide and Gmaps Pedometer. Personally I've...
Forum: Unicycling December 22nd 08, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Eroick
Tubeless Nightrider!

I wasn't aware that anyone replied to this... I was just rewriting it
(plus the story behind it) for UDC:
http://municycle.ca/teamcanadablog/index.php?blog=8.

Anyway, It has held up quite well,...
Forum: Unicycling November 3rd 08, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Eroick
Unicycle battle on eBay

It's fast and rides like your own personal rollercoaster.

:)

--
Eroick
Forum: Unicycling November 1st 08, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Heh, my friend told me about both of these auctions yesterday. He's
actually bidding on Steve's KH.

Since ebay has you enter your maximum bid, starting at $1 is quite
effective. Nobody serious is...
Forum: Unicycling October 9th 08, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Eroick
creating my ultimate unicycle- advice please!

I know that the Schlumpf/KH hub *HAS* to go into a frame with machined
42mm bearing holders. This has to do with the lack of the torsion arm
that was on the original geared hubs. Someone with more...
Forum: Unicycling September 23rd 08, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Eroick
First uni recommendations

Yep, the LX is a good start. The next step up from that would be
something like this:
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1057 which has a
splined crank set and a better saddle. However,...
Forum: Unicycling September 21st 08, 05:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Eroick
Nightrider Ti Is there a proper tread direction?

Josh from UDC told me that you want to have the curves to the back,
since the water should be pushed out the back. Not sure if it actually
makes a difference though, I highly doubt it would until...
Forum: Unicycling September 19th 08, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Eroick
Shipping a 36er from Canada To The U.S.

When stuff is shipped across the border, in either direction, it has to
clear customs. You pay the company to do this for you, which is a large
part of the cost. I'm not sure if it is more expensive...
Forum: Unicycling September 19th 08, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Eroick
Tubeless Nightrider Got Run Over... Still holds air!

Hey, if I meant it to happen I wouldn't have had her take the rim out of
true :p .

Are 36" wheels really difficult to true compared to smaller, wimpier
sizes?

--
Eroick
Forum: Unicycling September 19th 08, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Eroick
Tubeless Nightrider Got Run Over... Still holds air!

Well, my mom backed up over the rim and tire of my tubeless Nightrider
today, and guess what, it still holds air! A bit of sealant leaked out,
but not too much. If anything, it took some extra weight...
Forum: Unicycling August 29th 08, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Eroick
A Sasky goes east

Hey Eric! I'll take you riding in Ottawa for sure, and we can probably
round up more Ottawa area riders. We've got lots of road routes and
quite a bit of muni trails. If you are going to have...
Forum: Unicycling August 22nd 08, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Eroick
Tubeless Nightrider!

It's worth adding that after I did this, I realized that my pump was
leaking a lot of air. I probably could have done it with the pump if I
had closed the little seal on the bottom first! Anyway, the...
Forum: Unicycling August 22nd 08, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Eroick
how to build a tubeless tire?

Worked for me with Nightrider tire/Stealth rim.

http://tinyurl.com/57aoau

--
Eroick

--Eric Evenchick
Email/MSN:
Forum: Unicycling August 19th 08, 12:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Eroick
Looking for Riders Interested in a Fundraiser. Goal: Build a school.

The idea would be to get people to prepare rides in their own areas. If
you are interested, you could set your own route and raise pledges. It
takes someone to start the process. If there are other...
Forum: Unicycling August 19th 08, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Eroick
Looking for Riders Interested in a Fundraiser. Goal: Build a school.

Hey Unicyclists,

Before Ride the Lobster, many people asked me if it was a fundraiser
and offered to pledge money for the ride. While Ride the Lobster did
support Ryan's Well, it was sort of an...
Forum: Unicycling August 18th 08, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Eroick
Anyone know where Mike Penton is?

Well, I ordered my subscription of uni mag at RTL, and I still have not
received issue four. It seems that everyone else has theirs. I've tried
to contact Mike by email using the only two email...
Forum: Unicycling August 18th 08, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Eroick
Tubeless Nightrider!

Ken, of course I knew you did tubeless in the past. Where did you think
I got the idea from :) . I hope that the nightrider beats the coker
tire in terms of reliability, and judging by how tight a...
Forum: Unicycling August 18th 08, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Eroick
Decision on a Unicycle

garett wrote:
I'd rather go ahead and get a better unicycle now then have to spend
more money later.

Thanks

Great decision. The splined hub and crankset on the nimbus will hold up
far...
Forum: Unicycling August 18th 08, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Eroick
Solid tubes?

When the tube gets pinched between the rim and something hard and sharp,
say a rock or the edge of a stair.

--
Eroick

--Eric Evenchick
Email/MSN:
'Municycle.ca: Canada's...
Forum: Unicycling August 18th 08, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Eroick
Tubeless Nightrider!

Unfortunately, I have no scale capable of measuring my wheel. When I put
it on the only scale I own, it just read zero (zero mass coker wheel?
Thats a lot of drilling). However the weight savings are...
Forum: Unicycling August 17th 08, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Eroick
Tubeless Nightrider!

Hey, I've done a tubeless setup with my new Nightrider tire on the
matching rim. The conversion was inspired by Ryan Atkins, who I work
with. He told me that I could use a 29er tube as a rim strip,...
Forum: Unicycling August 17th 08, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Eroick
DH Muni in clipin pedals

Hmm, it just seems scary to me. When you fall on a uni, it's usually off
the front or back. If you couldn't unclip, the uni would be attached,
and you couldn't use your feet to run out. Seems scary!...
Forum: Unicycling August 17th 08, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Eroick
Spooner

I tried a uni without a spooner and then one with it immediately after
at RTL. It puts your hand in a much better position for braking, and
makes holding the brake far more natural. Another great KH...
Forum: Unicycling August 14th 08, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 54
Posted By Eroick
137's on KH24 for Freeride/Technical downhill

I'm looking forward to getting my new KH24 with 150/125s and a brake.
The brake will give the stopping power and I'll be able to adapt to
lots of terrain. I think that double hole cranks are the way...
Forum: Unicycling August 13th 08, 12:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Eroick
Who has completed a 100 mile ride?

Mike, that mountain picture is beautiful.

I've come close to a metric century, it was around 90km, however I've
never set out to do a century. Some day, when I find someone to ride it
with, I'll...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 392