Showing results 1 to 25 of 62
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Stephen Greenwood
Forum: Techniques June 13th 11, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Stephen Greenwood
Replacement center bolt for brakes

On Jun 12, 10:23*pm, AMuzi wrote:

Looks like it's available and $4.95
Can't confirm on a Sunday evening. Write me.

--
Andrew Muzi
* www.yellowjersey.org/
Replies: 17
Posted By Stephen Greenwood
Replacement center bolt for brakes

I bent the centerbolt on my front brake, a Tektro 521AG dual-pivot
caliper brake. As hardware goes, it is an unusual item: Low head, dual-
diameter and threaded on both diameters, partially...
Forum: Techniques April 21st 08, 04:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Stephen Greenwood
installin mah brakes

On Apr 20, 12:13*pm, wrote:

With some of the Kool Stop asymmetrical pads, there is no need to set
toe in. They have a sort of a curved shape relative to the flatness of
the...
Forum: Techniques April 20th 08, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Stephen Greenwood
installin mah brakes

On Apr 20, 10:10*am, landotter wrote:
It won't do squat. But it should slightly lower the mechanical
advantage and let ya at least remove the straddle cable w/o ****in'
Forum: Techniques April 20th 08, 06:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Stephen Greenwood
installin mah brakes

On Apr 19, 9:21*pm, landotter wrote:

Size up on the linkage cable

How does sizing up the linkage (straddle) cable help eliminate squeal?
I've never heard that suggested...
Forum: Techniques April 11th 08, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By Stephen Greenwood
dealing with magpies

On Apr 7, 11:20*pm, wrote:

Thanks for the wonderful illustration of regional variation, one of my
favorite topics.

Magpies in the USA occasionally harry smaller animals...
Forum: Techniques January 13th 08, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 48
Posted By Stephen Greenwood
hand pump recommendation

On Jan 13, 1:21*pm, bobdobbs wrote:
seeking recommendation for a hand pump to replace the full-size frame
pump I've been using, would need something that fits into a...
Forum: Techniques January 7th 08, 07:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 55
Posted By Stephen Greenwood
Bicycle Drift, revisited...

On Jan 6, 9:50*pm, wrote:
The trouble with bleach is that it seems to last an awfully long time
down that highway, though I suppose that if you soaked the sandals
Forum: Techniques January 7th 08, 05:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 55
Posted By Stephen Greenwood
Bicycle Drift, revisited...

On Jan 6, 5:04*pm, "Paul M. Hobson" wrote:
A while back, there was a thread discussing the technique, equipment,
and road conditions required to "peel out" on a bicycle like...
Forum: Techniques January 5th 08, 07:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Stephen Greenwood
Is Purple Extreme a good winter chain lube?

On Jan 3, 5:20*pm, "Jay" wrote:
I am looking for a good winter chain lube for daily Chicago commuting, all
conditions - snow, salt, crud, etc.

I use a $20 chain, and...
Forum: Techniques January 2nd 08, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 37
Posted By Stephen Greenwood
Night Light: Utility Bike/Short Haul?

On Jan 2, 9:50 am, SMS $B;[h\J8(B* $B2F(B wrote:
The Harbor Freight batteries are the worst of both worlds. The AA
batteries are 2000 mAH and are not low...
Forum: Techniques January 1st 08, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 37
Posted By Stephen Greenwood
Night Light: Utility Bike/Short Haul?

On Jan 1, 9:43*am, Stephen Greenwood
wrote:
On Jan 1, 2:20*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Your riding time is so short that almost anything...
Forum: Techniques January 1st 08, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 37
Posted By Stephen Greenwood
Night Light: Utility Bike/Short Haul?

On Jan 1, 2:20*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Your riding time is so short that almost anything would work. These
days, the hot setup is a 3W Cree flashlight with something to...
Forum: Techniques October 25th 07, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Stephen Greenwood
Rear derailleur compatibility

On Oct 25, 3:29 am, "Nigel Cliffe" wrote:
Stephen Greenwood wrote:
Shimano part RD-M510 (Deore, from a year or two ago) is rated for 8-
and 9-speed use. I plan to use it...
Forum: Techniques October 25th 07, 06:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Stephen Greenwood
Rear derailleur compatibility

Shimano part RD-M510 (Deore, from a year or two ago) is rated for 8-
and 9-speed use. I plan to use it on a Shimano 7-speed system with the
SRAM PC-58 chains that I use on my other bikes, and from...
Forum: Techniques September 24th 07, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Stephen Greenwood
Why are front forks all upside down??

On Sep 24, 12:56 pm, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:
"Jon_C" wrote: Can anyone tell me why all MTB forks (all the ones I've

seen) have the stanchions (chrome inner part)...
Forum: Techniques June 5th 07, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 41
Posted By Stephen Greenwood
Long rear racks for large panniers and riders with big feet "http://nordicgroup.us/rearracks/"

On Jun 5, 12:20 pm, SMS wrote:

Yes, the Bor-Yueh is better than I expected. I installed one on an old
Univega mountain bike that I was converting to a pseudo-hybrid...
Forum: General June 5th 07, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 41

On Jun 5, 12:20 pm, SMS wrote:

Yes, the Bor-Yueh is better than I expected. I installed one on an old
Univega mountain bike that I was converting to a pseudo-hybrid...
Forum: Techniques April 2nd 07, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Stephen Greenwood
A decent singlespeed freewheel

On Apr 2, 6:12 am, " wrote:
On Mar 29, 4:37 pm, "Stephen Greenwood"
wrote:

I'd appreciate your checking for me.

ACS...
Forum: Techniques March 30th 07, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Stephen Greenwood
A decent singlespeed freewheel

On Mar 29, 2:37 pm, "Stephen Greenwood"
wrote:
On Mar 29, 2:17 pm, " wrote:

The
replacement was a Shimano...
Forum: Techniques March 29th 07, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Stephen Greenwood
A decent singlespeed freewheel

On Mar 29, 2:17 pm, " wrote:
The
replacement was a Shimano MX part, which I'm currently using. It
works, but not as well as I'd like. While the axis...
Forum: Techniques March 29th 07, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Stephen Greenwood
A decent singlespeed freewheel

I'm having trouble finding a singlespeed freewheel of decent quality.
My first experience was with an AC Racing (not to be confused with
ACS) unit. Its malformed teeth prevented chain...
Forum: Techniques March 11th 07, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 33
Posted By Stephen Greenwood
Toughest Rim Tapes

On Mar 10, 2:56 am, "Cychlo-path" wrote:
Hi All,

What are your suggestions for the best rim tapes? I'm reading that cloth
tapes are best for high pressure tubes/tyre...
Forum: Techniques February 25th 07, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By Stephen Greenwood
Losing one spoke in an 18 spoke wheel... effect on lateral true.

On Feb 24, 10:57 am, "Phil Holman" piholmanc@yourservice wrote:

"Ron Ruff" wrote in message
A little brake rub would just slow me down. If the wheel warped much
Forum: Techniques February 4th 07, 09:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Stephen Greenwood
Hyperglide cassette on Hyperglide-C freehub body

On Jan 31, 11:28 pm, "Stephen Greenwood"
wrote:
I've got a worn 7-speed Hyperglide-C cassette that was used on a
Hyperglide-C style freehub body, where the splines...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 62