Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 3.86 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: yirgster
Forum: Techniques December 13th 13, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By yirgster
San Francisco bicycle boom follows bike-friendly upgrades (sfgate)

These stats, or subset of them, have been kept since 2006. The article states that approx 3.5% of trips in SF are by bicycle (2012, so presumably a bit more now) with 0.5% of the transportation...
Forum: Racing July 24th 13, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By yirgster
Anybody have input on iBike Newton power meter

As an alternative have you thought about a used power tap wheel? Like on ebay.

On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:36:40 PM UTC-7, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:
Forum: Techniques May 20th 13, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By yirgster
indexing slipping (force SRAM)

Thx. But do you mean the several ferrules of the housing? Otherwise the cable is clamped at the derailleur and held by the cable end blib in the lever..

On Sunday, May 19, 2013 1:33:05 PM UTC-7,...
Forum: Techniques May 19th 13, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By yirgster
indexing slipping (force SRAM)

I've been having problems with my rear derailleur system where the indexing seems to be slipping on its own.

It's a SRAM force with a 10 cog cassette.

That is, shifting becomes funky and I hear...
Forum: Racing February 7th 13, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By yirgster
Suddenly cycling is looking quite clean.

As what I think yet again is revealing, I haven't found this on si.com or espn.com yet. They've had plenty of time.

I guess it's not newsworthy as Australia is such small country, on the other side...
Forum: Racing February 6th 13, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By yirgster
Something rotten in the state of Spain.

Spain doesn't want their World Cup victory in soccer nor Nadel's tennis triumphs sullied.

Judges are not immune to politics and political pressure nor to national pride.

On Tuesday, February 5,...
Forum: Racing January 23rd 13, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By yirgster
Jimmy Fallon's new country song about Lance

Tthere's nothing like the late night talk shows re public perception. Once they start making jokes about you ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3AqcfzfCVUg
Forum: Racing December 19th 12, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By yirgster
Sally Jenkins on Lance Armstrong

David Walsh reply to Sally Jenkins

Embrace the anger, Sally, not the liar

Lance Armstrong's ghost writer was let down by the disgraced cyclist. By...
Forum: Techniques December 7th 12, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By yirgster
breathable/waterproof jacket

Thank you everyone for your responses!

I looked at them all. The kayaking suite listed for $1000! Could that have been a typo???

Was a little worried about the backpacking/hiking jackets wrt...
Forum: Racing November 28th 12, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 8
Posted By yirgster
Tyler Hamilton book wins William Hill prize

Most here probably are aware, but just in case ...

Of note, I think, is that Kimmage's Rough Ride won in the 2nd year of the prize, established in 1989 (24...
Forum: Techniques November 27th 12, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By yirgster
Tyler Hamilton book wins William Hill prize

Most here probably are aware but just in case ...

Of note, I think, is that Kimmage's Rough Ride won in the 2nd year of the prize, established in 1989 (24...
Forum: Racing November 26th 12, 08:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 13
Posted By yirgster
AN OPEN LETTER

Given the track record of the UCI why would any rider trust doing so? Riders who previously brought up the use of drugs were at best ignored but sometimes outright attacked by the UCI.

This view was...
Forum: Techniques November 26th 12, 08:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 64
Posted By yirgster
Pittsburgh hills

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/neighborhoods-city/with-grit-sweat-they-tackle-em-the-dirty-dozen-663572/

Very interesting. I lived 5 years in Pittsburgh. I only knew one person who...
Forum: Techniques November 24th 12, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By yirgster
breathable/waterproof jacket

Here in the Bay Area we're heading in to rainy season.

Looking for 2. Any recs most appreciated.

(1)lightweight and compressible. The O2 is not compressible to stuff it into a jersey pocket, let...
Forum: Racing November 14th 12, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 13
Posted By yirgster
AN OPEN LETTER

What BS!!! McQuaid is a total disgrace.

His statement of investigating claims that riders made. Right, like those of Floyd Landis whom instead he sued.

His response to Frankie Andreu's doping...
Forum: Techniques November 14th 12, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By yirgster
AN OPEN LETTER

What BS!!! McQuaid is a total disgrace.

His statement of investigating claims that riders made. Right, like those of Floyd Landis whom instead he sued.

His response to Frankie Andreu's doping...
Forum: Techniques November 8th 12, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By yirgster
Tire-Making - Less Splitting / More Wrinkles and...... German?

(1) You've got to acquire the basic grammar. From a book, better in a class with a book. But finding a German class at a local CC or wherever might not be so easy these days. Around here (Bay Area)...
Forum: Racing November 8th 12, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By yirgster
Vino bought a win

Vinokourov is also accused, though not formally, of buying his Olympic road win this year from Rigoberto Uran.

Selling races is a venerable tradition. It's amusingly detailed in Joe Parkin's book...
Forum: Techniques September 12th 12, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 87
Posted By yirgster
Sad because I have never gotten a free frame under warranty

Carbon frames are now common on high end mtn bikes.

They weigh in at approx the same or just a little less than aluminum frame high enders.

Speaking to one of the workers at the shop in sedona...
Forum: Racing September 8th 12, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By yirgster
You are not alone.

On Friday, September 7, 2012 1:30:15 AM UTC-7, atriage wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/schenk-doubts-mcquaid-has-the-credibility-to-clean-up-cycling

--

When is McQuaid's term up?...
Forum: Racing September 2nd 12, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Paris-Roubaix was won on a Specialized Roubaix three consecutive years running. So, yes, not too shabby.

--------------------

In terms of equipment, Cancellara's win also marked Specialized's third...
Forum: Racing August 31st 12, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By yirgster
Hamilton writing a tell-all book

On Friday, August 31, 2012 9:35:16 AM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote:
From the article:

------------------------------

Less than two weeks after Lance Armstrong was handed a lifetime ban by the...
Forum: Racing August 28th 12, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By yirgster
Wired take on the 'never failed a test' line.

On Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:00:00 AM UTC-7, Simply Fred wrote:
atriage wrote:

Other than if you fail it it means you're a **** in that you didn't fail a 'dope

test' per say, you...
Forum: Racing August 28th 12, 10:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By yirgster
jonathan vaughters interview in Bicycling

http://www.bicycling.com/garmin-insider/featured-stories/jonathan-vaughters-talks-doping-reform

I found this quite interesting. It took place after his Vaughters' op-ed piece in the NYT.
Forum: Racing August 26th 12, 09:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By yirgster
Wired take on the 'never failed a test' line.

On Saturday, August 25, 2012 1:34:48 AM UTC-7, atriage wrote:
Quote from link:-

"In short, while testing for drugs has improved, that mainly means only athletes

who are too poor to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125