Showing results 1 to 25 of 492
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob
Forum: General October 16th 09, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 189
Posted By Bob
bikelane flamebait and going right

On Oct 15, 1:32*pm, Peter Cole wrote:
Bob wrote:
On Oct 14, 3:10 pm, Peter Cole wrote:

If the road is currently difficult for
Forum: General October 15th 09, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 189
Posted By Bob
bikelane flamebait and going right

On Oct 14, 8:19*pm, Phil W Lee phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk
wrote:
Bob considered Wed, 14 Oct 2009 17:18:45 -0700 (PDT)
the perfect time to write:

On Oct 14, 3:10*pm,...
Forum: General October 15th 09, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 189
Posted By Bob
bikelane flamebait and going right

On Oct 14, 3:10*pm, Peter Cole wrote:

If the road is currently difficult for
cycling because of inadequate width to share, removing the parking and
replacing with a...
Forum: General October 12th 09, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 189
Posted By Bob
bikelane flamebait and going right

On Oct 12, 5:44*am, "recycled" wrote:
*I know bikelanes are sometimes controversial but there is an interesting
debate in Guelph lately. There is street - Elizabeth that will...
Forum: General July 15th 09, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By Bob
The Cyclist Disposition

On Jul 14, 11:51*am, Papa Tom wrote:
Can somebody explain to me why so many bicyclists are so angry? *I
used to think it was ME and I used to take it personally when...
Forum: General June 26th 09, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By Bob
Drugs and MTB's

On Jun 22, 11:48*am, Jym Dyer wrote:
=v= The defense argues that the pot and money were planted
in the vehicle, possibly by the police.
You must be joking but if not...
Forum: General June 26th 09, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 39
Posted By Bob
"news" from Chicago

On Jun 23, 10:22*pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * Bob writes:

On Jun...
Forum: General June 26th 09, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 39
Posted By Bob
"news" from Chicago

On Jun 24, 7:29*pm, DougC wrote:

Urban living is not, and never will be, the most efficient way to
live--in spite of how nice it is to be able to ride your bike or walk...
Forum: General June 25th 09, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 39
Posted By Bob
"news" from Chicago

On Jun 24, 5:33*am, Phil W Lee phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk
wrote:
Tom Sherman °_° considered Tue, 23
Jun 2009 21:48:24 -0500 the perfect time to...
Forum: General June 24th 09, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 39
Posted By Bob
"news" from Chicago

On Jun 23, 5:56*pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:

So I figure Chicagoans live there to support The Cubs.
It's a nice thought, anyways.

I don't follow professional baseball and I...
Forum: General June 24th 09, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 39
Posted By Bob
"news" from Chicago

On Jun 23, 1:08*am, Jym Dyer wrote:
The Chicago Sun-Times ran an online poll today asking, "Which
occupant of Chicago streets is more annoying: *bikers, drivers
or...
Forum: General June 22nd 09, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 39
Posted By Bob
"news" from Chicago

The Chicago Sun-Times ran an online poll today asking, "Which occupant
of Chicago streets is more annoying: bikers, drivers or pedestrians?"
The result? 44% found cyclists to be more annoying than...
Forum: General November 5th 08, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By Bob
My Commute Home (pics of the ride, none of the coyotes)

On Nov 4, 8:29*pm, wrote:
On Nov 4, 6:35*pm, " wrote:

Had an interesting ride home tonight. *I always encounter some
Forum: General November 1st 08, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By Bob
What do you think about the bicycle market?

On Nov 1, 1:47*am, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * Bob writes:

Forum: General November 1st 08, 07:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By Bob
Please don't ride wrong-way on the sidewalk.

On Oct 28, 9:09*pm, "Dre" wrote:

So how is this different to a pedestrian walking the opposite way to the
traffic flow on the footpath??

Average walking speed is in...
Forum: Social Issues November 1st 08, 07:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 191
Posted By Bob
Could Key West be a bike model for America?

The answer to the question as posed in the thread title is simple. No,
not unless someone comes up with a magical formula that can shrink
America and all of it's component parts- rural, urban, and...
Forum: General November 1st 08, 07:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 196
Posted By Bob
Could Key West be a bike model for America?

The answer to the question as posed in the thread title is simple. No,
not unless someone comes up with a magical formula that can shrink
America and all of it's component parts- rural, urban, and...
Forum: General November 1st 08, 07:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By Bob
What do you think about the bicycle market?

On Oct 31, 7:18*pm, "ZBicyclist" wrote:
My daughter, a college junior, is seeking free advice:
I'm doing an...
Forum: UK October 11th 08, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Bob
3 Punctures in 3 Consecutive Days?

On Oct 10, 7:51*am, Artemisia wrote:
How can this be happening? Widdershins, my beautiful recumbent trike,
has suffered three punctures on three consecutive riding days.

Forum: General October 11th 08, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 36
Posted By Bob
3 Punctures in 3 Consecutive Days?

On Oct 10, 7:51*am, Artemisia wrote:
How can this be happening? Widdershins, my beautiful recumbent trike,
has suffered three punctures on three consecutive riding days.

Forum: General October 11th 08, 05:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Bob
Legalities of towing by bicycle?

On Sep 30, 3:17*pm, " wrote:
I'm sure this varies state by state, and I'm most interested in NH,
followed by MA, but any input from any other states would be...
Forum: General September 30th 08, 05:40 AM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 50
Posted By Bob
Insanity - Cal Train Bike Commuter Arrested

On Sep 29, 10:27*pm, SMS wrote:

BTW, I didn't see the police read him his rights. Isn't that supposed to
happen right when they tell you that you're under arrest?

In...
Forum: General September 30th 08, 03:24 AM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 50
Posted By Bob
Insanity - Cal Train Bike Commuter Arrested

On Sep 29, 7:56*pm, SMS wrote:
Bob wrote:
BTW if, as seems likely, the subject was charged with resisting arrest
it won't matter if CalTrain drops their...
Forum: General September 30th 08, 01:21 AM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 50
Posted By Bob
Insanity - Cal Train Bike Commuter Arrested

On Sep 29, 4:48*pm, SMS wrote:
Bob wrote:
the train on its way. Assuming the would-be passenger didn't decide to
try to force his way back onto the train, there...
Forum: General September 29th 08, 10:24 PM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 50
Posted By Bob
Insanity - Cal Train Bike Commuter Arrested

On Sep 29, 3:31*pm, SMS wrote:
Bob wrote:'
kicked, pepper sprayed, or tased. Instead, he was told several times
to stop resisting and when he continued to resist...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 492