Showing results 1 to 25 of 68
Search took 0.36 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bounty Bob
Forum: Racing July 25th 10, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Bounty Bob
Tour de France, stage 19 summary

NoDannyNo wrote:
On Jul 24, 6:01 pm, Michael S wrote:
I wonder why all GC top 20 with a sole exception of AS did worse than
expected? Even DM despite moving into a...
Forum: Racing July 14th 10, 09:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By Bounty Bob
Bradley Wiggins: Tour rest day press conference

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
"Amit Ghosh" wrote in message
On Jul 13, 10:28 am, Keith...
Forum: Racing July 12th 10, 08:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By Bounty Bob
Cadel Evans

JC wrote:
When Cadel Evans grabbed the yellow jersey, one of our commentators(Phil
Anderson) was asked "can Cadel hold on to it"?,.. he said he doubted it as
when he reaches the alps he won't...
Forum: Racing July 7th 10, 08:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 8
Posted By Bounty Bob
Schleck down - Cancelerra Grubers down the pave

Fred Gringioni wrote:
"Brad Anders" wrote in message

:: Saxo was spectacular today, brilliant...
Forum: Racing May 19th 10, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By Bounty Bob
giro stage 11 wtf?

I mean wtf?
really what the ****?
Forum: Racing April 28th 10, 01:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 22
Posted By Bounty Bob
BMC Tour wildcard in jeopardy?

bar wrote:
It damn well should be ...

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/sport/Third_BMC_cyclist_suspended_for_doping.html?cid=8731070&pos=7&type=NewsDigest

Cadel should be calling Lotto or Lefevre...
Forum: Racing September 30th 09, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By Bounty Bob
ProTour license exclusions

Scott wrote:
Seems the UCI has seen fit not to renew the ProTour licenses for two
of the four French teams (Cofidis and Bbox Bouygues Telecom). What
does this say about the state of French...
Forum: Racing July 25th 09, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By Bounty Bob
$100 Says....

Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 18:14:07 -0400, MagillaGorilla
wrote:

....Vincenzo Nibali tests positive for CERA by next week. You...
Forum: Racing July 25th 09, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By Bounty Bob
VdV crashed today, anyone catch it?

Lindsay wrote:
from his twitter:

"My Giro saved my life today. Wear your helmets. Concussed but ok."

He'd be a lot better racer if he'd quit hitting the deck so much. His
biggest problem...
Forum: Racing July 17th 09, 10:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By Bounty Bob
May be boring now, but GC will explode soon

Paul B. Anders wrote:
Might even start tomorrow, the stage has some potential, but the
fireworks will go off on Sunday, regardless. Just look at the GC right
now - even if you go down to Evans...
Forum: Racing June 2nd 09, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Bounty Bob
Giro d'Italia race summary

Bob Martin wrote:
Riders' GC positions after each stage
(needs to be viewed with a mono font)

Team Columbia - Highroad 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ...
Forum: Racing May 18th 09, 08:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 60
Posted By Bounty Bob
Giro does it again

Tom Kunich wrote:
"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message

Are they doing something that's causing the racing to suffer?...
Forum: Racing May 17th 09, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 60
Posted By Bounty Bob
Giro does it again

From Cyclingnew live text coverage of stage 9

15:16 CEST
The stage today has been neutralized, by the way. The riders
complained that the course was too dangerous. So we can expect a
sprint,...
Forum: Racing May 7th 09, 10:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By Bounty Bob
giro routes tendencies to disappear

When was the last time the Giro ran on the route that
was actually announced.. it seems every year there are
climbs that disappear and this year 2 of them have gone
before the start!
Forum: Racing September 12th 08, 09:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 42
Posted By Bounty Bob
A demented theory of why Lance is coming back

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Well I'm surprised that with all the cynics and
depressed about dopers in here that nobody suggested
that with all his money from the TDFs and etc.
that someone hasn't...
Forum: Racing September 4th 08, 08:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By Bounty Bob
Vuelta stage 5 TT

Tom Kunich wrote:
"Robert Chung" wrote in message
http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/vuelta08-5.png

Forum: Racing September 3rd 08, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By Bounty Bob
vuelta stage 5 time trial

Valverde rode a good time trial! He could be in trouble here!
Forum: Racing September 3rd 08, 11:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By Bounty Bob
Vuelta a Espana, stage 4 summary

Bob Martin wrote:

-2:40 Damiano Cunego

It turns out like all those spanish riders who keep
finding news names all the time Cunego full name has been
discovered. His full name is...
Forum: Racing August 9th 08, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By Bounty Bob
sella the dope

Cycling News quotes thusly,

"I feel a great weight has been lifted by cooperating," said Sella.

Amazing.. perhaps even better would have been to not
get under the great weight in the first place?
Forum: Racing August 7th 08, 09:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Bounty Bob
Beijing road cycling

So are they allowed a battery powered foglight
or is it strictly dynamo?
Forum: Racing August 3rd 08, 10:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Bounty Bob
TdF Over and So Are Postings.

Davey Crockett wrote:

But Davey, who actually wore a Peugeot jersey from time to time, is
here to tell you that Peugeot got their first Rainbow Jersey in
Kopenhagen in 1895 or 1896 to save...
Forum: Racing July 27th 08, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By Bounty Bob
GT winners

I was mildly amused in the first week when I thought
about the fact that the only two Grand Tour winners
in this years tour (Menchov and Cunego) both seemed to
have cases of sporting narcolepsy,...
Forum: Racing July 27th 08, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By Bounty Bob
Phil on Sastre

Frank Drackman wrote:
"Nobody" wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 08:33:42 -0700, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
Forum: Racing July 25th 08, 09:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By Bounty Bob
9 riders + 12 seconds = 9 Lame Excuses; check my math

wrote:
On Jul 23, 3:05 pm, SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
Only 12 s of separation at the last mountaintop finish in a very close
tour. Lame-O.

2 Samuel...
Forum: Racing July 24th 08, 09:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 26
Posted By Bounty Bob
CSC tactics

Stu Fleming wrote:

Dunno. With 10km to go, the gap was 34 sec. At the end it was 2
minutes. It looks like the Evans group lost most time when they had
Stephane Goober doing the steady...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 68