Search: Posts made by: James[_8_]
Forum: Techniques August 14th 19, 09:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 120
Posted By James[_8_]
Recovery and Diet

On 14/8/19 1:22 pm, Claus Aßmann wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:

That means that the lead rider is making about 426 watts and there is a rotation of only 8 riders so you don't
have that much...
Forum: Techniques August 12th 19, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 75
Posted By James[_8_]
Andrew

On 12/8/19 3:03 am, Tom Kunich wrote:

I gave you the numbers - mutations would have to occur thousands per second. And yet since the time of Darwin not a single new species has arisen.

As...
Forum: Techniques August 12th 19, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By James[_8_]
add hops

On 12/8/19 8:53 am, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 07:54:15 +1000, James
wrote:

On 11/8/19 2:37 pm, John B. wrote:

The concept that "Australians", or...
Forum: Techniques August 11th 19, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By James[_8_]
Power

On 12/8/19 4:09 am, Tom Kunich wrote:
I have some information on power development he

http://www.cyclingpowerlab.com/cyclingpoweroutput.aspx

Using this information it appears that I'm...
Forum: Techniques August 11th 19, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By James[_8_]
add hops

On 11/8/19 2:37 pm, John B. wrote:

The concept that "Australians", or "Americans" for that matter, like
this or like that or act this way or that way just doesn't work out in
reality.

I said...
Forum: Techniques August 11th 19, 05:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By James[_8_]
add hops

On 11/8/19 8:04 am, John B. wrote:
On Sun, 11 Aug 2019 07:46:42 +1000, James
wrote:

On 10/8/19 11:37 pm, Sepp Ruf wrote:
James wrote:

About...
Forum: Techniques August 10th 19, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By James[_8_]
add hops

On 11/8/19 12:54 am, jbeattie wrote:

That Australians could control the masses by reducing the alcohol
content. We were just in Salt Lake where draft beer cannot exceed 4%
ABV, which is what...
Forum: Techniques August 10th 19, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By James[_8_]
add hops

On 10/8/19 11:37 pm, Sepp Ruf wrote:
James wrote:

About moderation of what people do and say, in Australia the authorities
like to moderate whenever and where ever possible, without...
Forum: Techniques August 10th 19, 06:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 75
Posted By James[_8_]
Andrew

On 10/8/19 9:26 am, Tom Kunich wrote:

James, I ride Record with the occasional Chorus piece when a Record
part is unavailable. But I put together and ride Shimano bikes as
well. I will tell...
Forum: Techniques August 10th 19, 06:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 75
Posted By James[_8_]
Andrew

On 10/8/19 10:28 am, AMuzi wrote:
On 8/9/2019 6:26 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Friday, August 9, 2019 at 3:05:11 PM UTC-7, James wrote:
On 10/8/19 7:33 am, AMuzi wrote:

Forum: Techniques August 9th 19, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 214
Posted By James[_8_]
Trek/Bontrager Wavecell Technology Helmets

On 9/8/19 9:15 am, Andre Jute wrote:
On Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 6:28:08 PM UTC+1, AMuzi wrote:

Forum: Techniques August 8th 19, 06:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By James[_8_]
Hydration pack

On 8/8/19 2:08 pm, AK wrote:

I can fit 2 bottle holders on my frame.

The problem is that one of them would interfere when I need to work on the bike and have to turn it upside down.
Forum: Techniques August 8th 19, 04:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By James[_8_]
Hydration pack

On 8/8/19 7:56 am, AK wrote:
I am shopping for a hydration pack.

The bottle route does not supply enuf water for long rides.

I would appreciate feedback from users.

Like make/model...
Forum: Techniques August 5th 19, 06:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 74
Posted By James[_8_]
Handebar broke off - nasty cash

On 4/8/19 4:31 am, Joerg wrote:
Folks,

Had a nasty crash about three months ago. Long story short my handlebar
broke without any warning. There was no cause such as a speed bump or
Forum: Techniques August 2nd 19, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By James[_8_]
Where's Joerge?

On 2/8/19 1:14 pm, Earls61 wrote:
His web site is up......
http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Someone give him a call!

No need to poke the bear.

--
Forum: Techniques July 30th 19, 05:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 36

On 30/7/19 2:05 am, John B. wrote:

Living in a land where bamboo is very common I might comment that
the only use for bamboo seems to be to build things like garden
trellises and other non...
Forum: Techniques July 30th 19, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By James[_8_]
New Frameset - Neener, neener, neeeener.

On 29/7/19 10:39 pm, Duane wrote:
On 29/07/2019 7:52 a.m., James wrote:
On 29/7/19 6:39 pm, wrote:

Well it was blistering hot here last week. Record temperature of...
Forum: Techniques July 29th 19, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By James[_8_]
New Frameset - Neener, neener, neeeener.

On 29/7/19 6:39 pm, wrote:

Well it was blistering hot here last week. Record temperature of 41
C. I wanted to start early on my day off last friday but I had a
dentist...
Forum: Techniques July 26th 19, 07:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 45
Posted By James[_8_]
Cannondale recall

On 26/7/19 1:48 pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 6:32:51 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
On 7/25/2019 2:52 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Forum: Techniques July 24th 19, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By James[_8_]
Creaking pedals/cleats

On 24/7/19 4:06 am, AMuzi wrote:
On 7/23/2019 11:23 AM, Duane wrote:
Look Keo 2 Max with grey cleats.* What's the trick to stop
them from creaking?* I switched from the grip cleats to...
Forum: Techniques July 23rd 19, 08:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 47
Posted By James[_8_]
can['t wear the chain out

On 23/7/19 2:31 pm, incredulous wrote:
Chain wear: OP didn’t say what care he took to maintain the
chain. I’d like to think that staying out of grit and (somewhat time
consuming)...
Forum: Techniques July 19th 19, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 57
Posted By James[_8_]
Cleaning of chain and all components

On 19/7/19 9:02 am, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 3:32:37 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:

The other advantage of a wax based lube, or at least my
experience, has been, that it...
Forum: Techniques July 18th 19, 07:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 57
Posted By James[_8_]
Cleaning of chain and all components

On 18/7/19 1:39 pm, AK wrote:
I spent about 3.5 hrs. cleaning my chain and everything it comes in contact with.

What a tedious job.

Used the following:

1. Engine cleaner
2. Paint...
Forum: Techniques July 18th 19, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By James[_8_]
More on Slack Spokes

On 18/7/19 10:47 am, Chalo wrote:
The length of spokes has little to do with tension; it's all about
how tightly you do them up.

10mm too long is about the length of the threaded section of...
Forum: Techniques July 18th 19, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 89
Posted By James[_8_]
CO2 Connectors - Threaded vs Unthreaded

On 18/7/19 8:02 am, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 10:50:29 +0100, Tom Evans
wrote:

On 17/07/2019 05:18, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 08:34:12 +1000,...