Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.62 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: CJB
Forum: UK July 14th 18, 05:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 355
Posted By CJB
Stolen Bike

They ran off when challenged.
Forum: UK June 19th 18, 12:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 355
Posted By CJB
Stolen Bike

Stolen Bike - a few weeks ago someone left an expensive mountain bike in the car par to our flats. We have stopped at least 2 attempts to steal it by hooded yoofs. Now we have it under lock and key....
Forum: UK September 27th 16, 11:43 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By CJB
Cyclists Endagering Pedestrians in Sutton Walk, Waterloo

Everyday cyclists are endangering the lives of pedestrians along the Sutton Walk railway arch. There are clear signs at both ends for cyclists to dismount. They do not. Today I nearly got knocked...
Forum: UK August 9th 15, 10:21 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By CJB
cycling into/out of Heathrow

On Friday, 5 May 2000 08:00:00 UTC+1, Richard Griffin wrote:
There was a little discussion on how to get to/from Heathrow with a
bicycle, a couple of weeks ago on uk.rec.cycling, but I don't...
Forum: UK May 15th 14, 03:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By CJB
Cyclist Killed At Elephant & Castle

Unfortunately I witnessed the aftermath of this - and it was horrific. The driver of the tip-up truck was arrested for dangerous driving. The bike was well mangled.

It happened in the middle of the...
Forum: UK July 25th 13, 11:38 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 38
Posted By CJB
FGW Bans Bikes for the Ride London Weekend

On Thursday, 25 July 2013 11:28:18 UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
CJB wrote:

I am a keen cyclist. I would love to support this event, however I

have no way of getting my bike from Hayes &...
Forum: UK July 25th 13, 11:22 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 38
Posted By CJB
FGW Bans Bikes for the Ride London Weekend

I am a keen cyclist. I would love to support this event, however I have no way of getting my bike from Hayes & Harlington (near Heathrow) into London.

In a spirit of arrogant non-co-operation First...
Forum: UK May 19th 13, 10:12 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By CJB
Cyclist with young kids on board - safely

Wondering what folks here think are about cycling safely with young
kids on board. I've seen all kinds of methods from trailers (with
fkags on poles), to kiddie seats behind the parent (usually...
Forum: UK May 3rd 13, 11:53 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 79
Posted By CJB
Labour MP Margaret Hodge floors cyclist whilst talking on mobile phone

Labour MP Margaret Hodge accused of flooring cyclist with her car door while talking on mobile phone

* Former children’s minister swung open door into path of overtaking cyclist
* Witness said he...
Forum: UK November 27th 12, 10:48 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 242
Posted By CJB
Cost of borrowing a Boris bike to double

On Nov 9, 8:36*am, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Unfortunately even doubling the cost (which will reduce takeup) will not
make them break even. *Apparently the breakeven point at...
Forum: UK November 15th 10, 02:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Replies: 232
Posted By CJB
LED Lights on bikes - are they legal?

As the nights draw in I am reminded that I have yet to fit lights to
my bike. However coming back to cycling after some years I am
astonished at the cost of lights (and everything else to do...
Forum: UK October 9th 10, 09:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By CJB
Public Info. Film for Safer Cycling

Is this one on YouTube at all? It depicted a cyclist from a profile
point of view with helmet and highly satisfied and tranquil facial
expression. It was a good advert. for the enjoyment that can...
Forum: UK May 14th 10, 10:52 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By CJB
Fancy Spoke Work on Touring Cycle

On May 14, 9:54*am, Peter Clinch wrote:
CJB wrote:
*So what's the advantages - if any? CJB.

Bling!

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch * * * * * * * * * *Medical Physics...
Forum: UK May 13th 10, 11:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By CJB
Fancy Spoke Work on Touring Cycle

I'm used to the old style radial spokes (3-cross?) on concentional
cycle wheels. But recently at Paddington I saw a tourist with weird
spokes on her bike. These were not only interlaced but pairs...
Forum: UK May 31st 09, 11:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.scouting,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.natural-history,uk.rec.youth-hostel,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By CJB
Bear Grylls

As an active animal lover I am appalled that every time I switch on
the t.v. especially on Channel 4 Mr. Grylls is there killing animals
or snakes without any real reason.

Recently I've seen him...
Forum: UK May 5th 09, 06:38 PM Posted to uk.rec.youth-hostel,uk.rec.scouting,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.walking
Replies: 1
Posted By CJB
Youth Hostelling: The First 100 Years

Youth Hostelling: The First 100 Years

Folks might like to know that BBC4 - digital BBC t.v. channel - is
transmitting a programme about Youth Hostelling - using archival
footage - starting on May...
Forum: UK August 14th 07, 07:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.transport.air,uk.local.london
Replies: 130
Posted By CJB
Climate Camp - Cyclists

To demonstrate their commitment to renewable energy etc. many hundreds
of supporters are cycling from all over the UK to the Climate Camp at
Heathrow.

See:...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17