Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bret Wade[_3_]
Forum: Racing July 29th 08, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 100
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
Gain Ratios and CX

d p chang wrote:
Bret Wade writes:

This weekend, I encountered a couple of chairlift riding slugs walking
their bikes along a level section of trail in full body...
Forum: Racing July 17th 08, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 22
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
Zabel

William Asher wrote:
Bob Schwartz wrote:

I'd really like to see him win a stage. It's a
shame there are so many guys that are faster
than he is.

Even so, I hope he keeps plugging...
Forum: Techniques July 17th 08, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 730
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
Steel frames and le Tour

wrote:

The original question was whether a rider can _feel_ such tiny
changes--that same old laughable "noticeably robust forward thrust."

I wouldn't put it in those words...
Forum: Racing July 17th 08, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 611
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
Steel frames and le Tour

wrote:

The original question was whether a rider can _feel_ such tiny
changes--that same old laughable "noticeably robust forward thrust."

I wouldn't put it in those words...
Forum: Techniques July 15th 08, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 730
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
Steel frames and le Tour

Tom Kunich wrote:
"Bret Wade" wrote in message
Tom Kunich wrote:

Because MOST people pretend to be able to...
Forum: Racing July 15th 08, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 611
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
Steel frames and le Tour

Tom Kunich wrote:
"Bret Wade" wrote in message
Tom Kunich wrote:

Because MOST people pretend to be able to...
Forum: Racing July 15th 08, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 19
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
Who has the golden ticket

wrote:

There must be more on each list I'm sure.

Vaughters
Forum: Racing July 10th 08, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
Cascade SR

Off The Back wrote:
Carl Sundquist wrote:

61 Steve Larsen 2.14

Is that the Steve Larsen of old?

Probably. He lives in Bend and has done...
Forum: Techniques July 10th 08, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 730
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
Steel frames and le Tour

Scott wrote:
On Jul 10, 1:29 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:21:47 -0700 (PDT), Scott

wrote:
The...
Forum: Racing July 10th 08, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 611
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
Steel frames and le Tour

wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:21:47 -0700 (PDT), Scott

wrote:
The...
Forum: Techniques July 10th 08, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 730
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
Steel frames and le Tour

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

There is zero reason any rider in
the Tour of France should be a on a steel frame and many reasons (both
economic, performance and logistical they should...
Forum: Racing July 10th 08, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 611
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
Steel frames and le Tour

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

There is zero reason any rider in
the Tour of France should be a on a steel frame and many reasons (both
economic, performance and logistical they should...
Forum: Racing July 10th 08, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 611
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
Steel frames and le Tour

Scott wrote:
On Jul 10, 8:23 am, Bret Wade wrote:
Scott wrote:
On Jul 7, 12:22 pm, wrote:
Anyone know the last year a steel frame was used...
Forum: Techniques July 10th 08, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 730
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
Steel frames and le Tour

Scott wrote:
On Jul 7, 12:22 pm, wrote:
Anyone know the last year a steel frame was used...
Forum: Racing July 10th 08, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 60
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
Rasmussen

Tom Kunich wrote:
"Bret Wade" wrote in message
Tom Kunich wrote:

If some Pro got into a good long road race (as has...
Forum: Racing July 10th 08, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 60
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
Rasmussen

Tom Kunich wrote:

If some Pro got into a good long road race (as has happened fairly often
in Copperopolis) and was messing around what effect would you suppose it
would happen on the...
Forum: Racing July 9th 08, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 60
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
Rasmussen

Tom Kunich wrote:

Now imagine a race of 100 miles or more. According to the Cat 0's here
they race the entire way and if some civilian gets in among them and
causes some humor it is a...
Forum: Racing July 9th 08, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 60
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
Rasmussen

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:

A few years back I was at one of "our" Tuesday Night crits here in
Santa Rosa. Levi showed up, but was about 2 laps late to get into the
start of the pro-1-2-3 race....
Forum: Racing July 9th 08, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 20
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
It's gotta be frustrating

Tom Kunich wrote:
"Bret Wade" wrote in message
Tom Kunich wrote:

I read what Bret wrote and wonder how he thinks that Erik...
Forum: Racing July 9th 08, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 43
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
Another shot from LeMond

Tom Kunich wrote:
"Bret Wade" wrote in message
SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
On Jul 8, 11:51 pm, Ryan Cousineau...
Forum: Racing July 9th 08, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 20
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
It's gotta be frustrating

Tom Kunich wrote:

I read what Bret wrote and wonder how he thinks that Erik Zabel is too
stupid to understand what his best chances for pro racing are.

But that's not what I said is it?
Forum: Racing July 9th 08, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
Favorite current riders (of a given country)?

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
My two favorite Germans in the peloton would be Erik Zabel and Jens Voight.
Two guys who just seem to really have a passion for what they're doing,
speak well to the...
Forum: Racing July 9th 08, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 43
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
Another shot from LeMond

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
On Jul 8, 11:51 pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

As for Jan, lots of people have said that he seems like a more purely
natural physical specimen...
Forum: Racing July 9th 08, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 60
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
Rasmussen

Tom Kunich wrote:
"Ted van de Weteringe" wrote in message
schreef:
Here's a classic...
Forum: Racing July 9th 08, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 20
Posted By Bret Wade[_3_]
It's gotta be frustrating

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

So I look at things a bit differently than you. I look at Erik Zabel and get
depressed, because Erik proves you don't have to grow old gracefully, he
shows that...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25