Showing results 1 to 25 of 143
Search took 3.64 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: zencycle
Forum: Racing March 26th 11, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By zencycle
ibike pro power meter

fred on a wrote:

Get back after you've asked your mama why that radius term cancels out. I
explained it to her last night. BTW, she says...
Forum: Racing September 16th 10, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 37
Posted By zencycle
The Last Word On Cadence And Heart Rate

Andy Coggan says “heart rate is at best redundant and at worst
misleading”.
Freddie says “cadence is a red herring”.

Andy agrees with freddie on cadence, freddie agrees with andy on heart
rate.

I...
Forum: Techniques September 16th 10, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By zencycle
The Last Word On Cadence And Heart Rate

Andy Coggan says “heart rate is at best redundant and at worst
misleading”.
Freddie says “cadence is a red herring”.

Andy agrees with freddie on cadence, freddie agrees with andy on heart
rate.

I...
Forum: Racing September 15th 10, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 111
Posted By zencycle
ibike pro power meter

On Sep 15, 12:59*pm, Andy Coggan wrote:

Yes, andy, you wrote that. You used HRPO as a metric.

Indeed, I did - but:

1) based on data collected under controlled...
Forum: Techniques September 15th 10, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By zencycle
ibike pro power meter

On Sep 15, 12:59*pm, Andy Coggan wrote:

Yes, andy, you wrote that. You used HRPO as a metric.

Indeed, I did - but:

1) based on data collected under controlled...
Forum: Racing September 15th 10, 09:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 111
Posted By zencycle
ibike pro power meter

On Sep 15, 3:37*pm, "Fred on a stick"
wrote:
zencycle wrote:

Dumbass,

Normally I snip down posts to the relevant parts but yours is so delicious I
can't...
Forum: Techniques September 15th 10, 09:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21

wrote:
zencycle wrote:

Dumbass,

Normally I snip down posts to the relevant parts but yours is so delicious I
can't...
Forum: Racing September 15th 10, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 111
Posted By zencycle
ibike pro power meter

On Sep 15, 4:03*pm, Andy Coggan wrote:
On Sep 15, 2:00*pm, zencycle wrote:

Not really - the thing that freddie likes to keep dismissing is...
Forum: Techniques September 15th 10, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By zencycle
ibike pro power meter

On Sep 15, 4:03*pm, Andy Coggan wrote:
On Sep 15, 2:00*pm, zencycle wrote:

Not really - the thing that freddie likes to keep dismissing is...
Forum: Racing September 15th 10, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 111
Posted By zencycle
ibike pro power meter

On Sep 15, 1:08*pm, Andy Coggan wrote:

Torque (Nm) = power (W) / angular velocity (rad/s)

Whe

Angular velocity (rad/s) = cadence (rev/min) * 2 * pi * 1 min / 60...
Forum: Techniques September 15th 10, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By zencycle
ibike pro power meter

On Sep 15, 1:41*pm, Helmut Springer wrote:
In rec.bicycles.tech zencycle wrote:

* POWER = *TORQUE x RPM x 2 x ?

Given power and solving...
Forum: Racing September 15th 10, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 111
Posted By zencycle
ibike pro power meter

On Sep 15, 1:15*pm, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
On Sep 15, 6:46*am, zencycle wrote:

If you know the power, and you know the rear wheel
diameter...
Forum: Techniques September 15th 10, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By zencycle
ibike pro power meter

On Sep 15, 1:15*pm, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
On Sep 15, 6:46*am, zencycle wrote:

If you know the power, and you know the rear wheel
diameter...
Forum: Racing September 15th 10, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 111
Posted By zencycle
ibike pro power meter

On Sep 13, 10:31*pm, thirty-six wrote:

Fixed cadence and variable torque does not accelerate.

It does if you shift gears.

*Fixed torque
and variable cadence will...
Forum: Techniques September 15th 10, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By zencycle
ibike pro power meter

On Sep 13, 11:15*pm, Andy Coggan wrote:

1. As you might (should) have noticed, I didn't author that entry,
i.e., you are ascribing words to me that are not mine.

from...
Forum: Racing September 15th 10, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 111
Posted By zencycle
ibike pro power meter

On Sep 13, 11:15*pm, Andy Coggan wrote:

1. As you might (should) have noticed, I didn't author that entry,
i.e., you are ascribing words to me that are not mine.

from...
Forum: Techniques September 15th 10, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By zencycle
ibike pro power meter

On Sep 13, 9:48Â*pm, Fred on a stick
wrote:
On 9/13/2010 4:36 PM, zencycle wrote:

Dumbass,

Of course you don't need crank arm length in order to calculate...
Forum: Racing September 15th 10, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
On 9/13/2010 4:36 PM, zencycle wrote:

Dumbass,

Of course you don't need crank arm length in order to calculate...
Forum: Racing September 14th 10, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 111
Posted By zencycle
ibike pro power meter

On Sep 13, 4:25*pm, Fred on a stick
wrote:
On 9/13/2010 10:41 AM, zencycle wrote:

Of course I want to get into that discussion. You're leaving out the
Forum: Racing September 14th 10, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
On 9/13/2010 10:41 AM, zencycle wrote:

On Sep 9, 11:34 am, Fred on a
Forum: Racing September 14th 10, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 111
Posted By zencycle
ibike pro power meter

On Sep 13, 4:31*pm, Fred on a stick
wrote:

Cool. What's the torque at which Sorenson can achieve maximum sustained
power?

I can't tell you unless I know...
Forum: Rides September 13th 10, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By zencycle
Where Global Warming started sliding down the tubes: Mann's"Hockey Stick" NOT supported by North NAS Panel

On Sep 9, 1:59*pm, Andre Jute wrote:

Congratulations. That's the first time I ever heard a global warmie
admit that his faith is a scientific fraud and a political ripoff...
Forum: General September 13th 10, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By zencycle
Where Global Warming started sliding down the tubes: Mann's"Hockey Stick" NOT supported by North NAS Panel

On Sep 9, 1:59*pm, Andre Jute wrote:

Congratulations. That's the first time I ever heard a global warmie
admit that his faith is a scientific fraud and a political ripoff...
Forum: Racing September 13th 10, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 111
Posted By zencycle
ibike pro power meter

On Sep 9, 10:35*am, Andy Coggan wrote:
On Sep 9, 8:42*am, zencycle wrote:

I ask because based on your comments, choice of terminology (e.g.,...
Forum: Racing September 9th 10, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 111
Posted By zencycle
ibike pro power meter