Showing results 1 to 25 of 138
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Forum: Racing August 9th 08, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 52
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Olympic Road Race On

A R:nen wrote:
Bob Schwartz writes:

Are there rules regarding the national team kits?
They seem exceptionally plain.

Only as far as advertising is...
Forum: Racing August 9th 08, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 19
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Cycling Quiz

Davey Crockett wrote:
a écrit profondement:

| On Aug 8, 1:49 am, Davey Crockett wrote:
| Name the FIFTH positive rider at the 2008 Tour de France
Forum: Racing August 9th 08, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Ice Vests??? Ribbed For Her Pleasure???

Carmella the Roach Killer wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2008/olympics08/index.php?id=/photos/2008/olympics08/1/DSCN1185

The sign behind them is somewhat disquieting.

Bob Schwartz
Forum: Racing August 9th 08, 08:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 52
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Olympic Road Race On

Are there rules regarding the national team kits?
They seem exceptionally plain.

I like Croatia, and also Brazil. The Italians,
white jerseys with white shorts. What were they
thinking?

Team USA...
Forum: Racing August 9th 08, 05:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 52
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Olympic Road Race On

Anton Berlin wrote:
I never thought I'd miss Phil Leggitt's and Bob Roll's commentary.

Damn, I love when I'm right!
Forum: Racing August 7th 08, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 245
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Shimano Dura ace electronic shifting system

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
Have you ever, in a road race or in training for road racing, ridden
through a puddle so deep your derailleur was under water?

A flooded bike trail. There were carp...
Forum: Techniques August 7th 08, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 247
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Shimano Dura ace electronic shifting system

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
Have you ever, in a road race or in training for road racing, ridden
through a puddle so deep your derailleur was under water?

A flooded bike trail. There were carp...
Forum: Racing August 3rd 08, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
TdF Over and So Are Postings.

wrote:
Be a man for once and fix yourself before
you dictate to others.

His author doesn't go for any of that suck ass neural
network crap. Tom is old skool text processing...
Forum: Racing August 3rd 08, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 90
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Peleton speeds

wrote:
The disadvantage of ANN technology is that the
only way to train and improve the code is for
people to keep talking to it. JFT was doing a
heroic job over on...
Forum: Racing August 2nd 08, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 90
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Peleton speeds

wrote:
On Aug 1, 2:38 pm, "
wrote:

{snip}

Dear stommeling,

Some people have figured out that there is no point
to following...
Forum: Racing July 28th 08, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 27
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
the future

Andre wrote:
On Jul 27, 6:54 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
Give up - if half or a third of the white jersey winners have gone on
to win grand tours, that's...
Forum: Racing July 27th 08, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 27
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
the future

Andre wrote:
On Jul 27, 1:15 pm, Andre wrote:
On Jul 27, 12:39 pm, Bob Schwartz
wrote:

Andre wrote:
Forum: Racing July 27th 08, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 17
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Predictions

Bob Schwartz wrote:
Sunday:
1:
2:
3:
4: Zabel

I missed that one also! I'm too much of an
optimist, it seems.
Forum: Racing July 27th 08, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 27
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
the future

Andre wrote:
A. Schleck: will never win tour ( I don't think white jerseys have
done too good years after)

White jersey winners that have also won the Tour in the same...
Forum: Racing July 27th 08, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 39
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Anquetil and the rise of drugs

Dumbass wrote:
He won the tour 5 times, the last in 1965, seeming to improve with
age.

Anquetil took the hour record in 1956. He broke his own record 11
years
later but it was...
Forum: Racing July 27th 08, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Steve Taylor - Genius

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
Why is it that people look at the numbers rather than the character of
the riders? It's the character that's gonna be the best predictor of
how a rider will perform when...
Forum: Racing July 27th 08, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
riders I suspect

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 18:03:54 -0700 (PDT), Andre
wrote:

3 Bernhard Kohl (Aut) Gerolsteiner
6 Christian Vande Velde (USA) Team...
Forum: Racing July 27th 08, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 17
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Predictions

Fred Fredburger wrote:
William Asher wrote:
Bob Schwartz wrote:

Bob Schwartz wrote:
Saturday: Sastre ends the day in yellow by 13 seconds.
In spite of the result I am not...
Forum: Racing July 26th 08, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Evans blows it

bob sullivan wrote:
RJG wrote:
"Keith" wrote in message
Bad day for Evans on the road today, this confirms that...
Forum: Racing July 26th 08, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 17
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Predictions

Bob Schwartz wrote:
Saturday: Sastre ends the day in yellow by 13 seconds.

In spite of the result I am not claiming this one.
I badly misjudged the degree to which Evans would
cough it up.

Bob...
Forum: Racing July 26th 08, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 13
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Astana Fires Gusev

Keith wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 08:37:56 +0200, Davey Crockett
wrote:

Keith a écrit profondement:

| I don't think Bruyneel is concenred with doping as he...
Forum: Racing July 26th 08, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 21
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Zabel

wrote:
On Jul 25, 10:39 pm, Bob Schwartz
Does (or has) the peloton ever let Zabel get into a...
Forum: Racing July 26th 08, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 17
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Predictions

Fred Fredburger wrote:
wrote:
Evans by 7.999 seconds. Lemond calls foul play.

Lafferty declares that the winning margin is proof of Evans doping.

Candyass!

Bob...
Forum: Racing July 26th 08, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 21
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Zabel

wrote:
Does (or has) the peloton ever let Zabel get into a break? --D-y

Erik Dekker comes to mind as a guy that had the creativity to
make stage wins appear out of nothing. If...
Forum: Racing July 26th 08, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 21
Posted By Bob Schwartz[_2_]
Zabel

Nobody wrote:
Zabel has many fans even if he has a bunch of second places. He does a
lot with less due to his savvy and placement. Plus he starred in a
famous cycling movie :p

Seriously,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 138