Showing results 1 to 25 of 49
Search took 1.28 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: beerwolf[_2_]
Forum: Australia June 9th 08, 08:01 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By beerwolf[_2_]
Visibility on rainy nights

Bugbear wrote:

Does anyone have any tips for those of us who get caught commuting
home on a rainy night? The times when I have attempted this I found
that the water on my glasses impairs...
Forum: Australia April 2nd 08, 09:02 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By beerwolf[_2_]
Pannier Racks - Non eyelet variety - any good?

Bill the Cat wrote:

I saw the question asked in an earlier thread and thought that it was
worth another shot as there were no responses but it was pretty late
in the thread.

I have a...
Forum: Australia February 15th 08, 12:31 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 19
Posted By beerwolf[_2_]
Gentle morning commute... Grrr

Zebee Johnstone wrote in
:

In aus.bicycle on Fri, 15 Feb 2008 21:26:59 +1100
Aeek wrote:
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008...
Forum: Australia January 13th 08, 08:31 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 56
Posted By beerwolf[_2_]
Cyclists break the road rules...

scotty72 wrote:

the harbor bridge bike way is not shared

if fact there are 2 guards on duty at any time who will throw peds off.
I've seen them do it.

Now that's what I call zero...
Forum: Australia January 13th 08, 08:18 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 56
Posted By beerwolf[_2_]
Cyclists break the road rules...

John Tserkezis wrote:

scotty72 wrote:

Yes, peds can get over on the eastern side
bike on the western

Ah, that explains it.

I wonder how much lobbying will it take to have...
Forum: Australia January 12th 08, 03:34 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 133
Posted By beerwolf[_2_]
Police target South Australian cyclists

cfsmtb wrote:

If you go back to the initial premise for whatever being said it's not
actually about higher levels of compliance, it's being driven by a
subjective, disingenuous argument which...
Forum: Australia January 12th 08, 03:28 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 133
Posted By beerwolf[_2_]
Police target South Australian cyclists

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

There are murders, so do we stop bothering about burglaries? Can't
see the logic.

Didn't you get the bit about limited law enforcement resources?
The effort should be...
Forum: Australia January 11th 08, 09:05 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 133
Posted By beerwolf[_2_]
Police target South Australian cyclists

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

Bicycles are only worth riding if it's free or close too?

The fact that people are prepared to spend $x000 on a bicycle
when a perfectly adequate solution is available for...
Forum: Australia January 10th 08, 01:20 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 133
Posted By beerwolf[_2_]
Police target South Australian cyclists

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

Work out how to register cyclists, work out how to catch unregistered
ones that do a runner, work out how to manage child cyclists in that
regime, then bicycles will...
Forum: Australia January 9th 08, 12:05 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 29
Posted By beerwolf[_2_]
attacked by cyclist, broken arm

AndrewJ wrote:

Behind me comes a shout: "no freewheeling here". A mountain bike rider
went past me on my right. As he went past he grabbed my handlebar to
destabilise my bike. I went down....
Forum: Australia January 6th 08, 08:54 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 75
Posted By beerwolf[_2_]
Crap respsonse from Connex about bikes on trains.

Liz wrote:

.... snip

What about folding bikes that pack into the size of a suit case are these
banned as well ?

If not riders that are affected by this might want to think about the...
Forum: Australia December 4th 07, 11:12 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 238
Posted By beerwolf[_2_]
Critical Mass - Fundamentalist Plonkers?

Baka Dasai wrote:

CM's aim is not to "deny service" to car drivers. Instead it attempts to
show that the roads can be used in a different, better way. It's saying
"look,
we have this great...
Forum: Australia December 4th 07, 09:06 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 238
Posted By beerwolf[_2_]
Critical Mass - Fundamentalist Plonkers?

Ray wrote:
....snip
Actually in Melbourne the Police bile squad and motorbikes are generally
very supportive.

... snip

I'm sorry, but the bile squad sounds like a load of ****!!!! ;-)...
Forum: Australia December 3rd 07, 02:08 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 238
Posted By beerwolf[_2_]
Critical Mass - Fundamentalist Plonkers?

Dorfus wrote:

Maybe you could get lots of cars together and block traffic in the city.
There's a novel idea!

Maybe the Volkswagen club could organise a rally at peak hour
on the last Friday...
Forum: Australia November 15th 07, 11:31 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 31
Posted By beerwolf[_2_]
Thanks Connex

Bean Long wrote:
vaudegiant wrote:

Terrible train story snip

Gor blimey! Lucky it was the bike and not a person stuck in the door.
That's freakin' terrible! Don't those guys have...
Forum: Australia November 4th 07, 09:00 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By beerwolf[_2_]
Magpies

DJ wrote:

I Especially hate it when they swoop you, trying to pick at your ears at
the side or sticking their beak through the holes in the helmet drawing
blood or throwing stones at you as...
Forum: Australia October 2nd 07, 01:34 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By beerwolf[_2_]
Exercise and fine particle air pollution

The article at this link is in German; the Google autotranslation is quaint
but understandable: http://www.heise.de/tp/r4/artikel/26/26241/1.html

It is a summary of a more heavyweight article (in...
Forum: Australia September 29th 07, 02:09 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By beerwolf[_2_]
How unlucky is this - crapped on from a great height

On the way back from visiting the Sydney fish markets, as I rode beneath
the Moreton Bay fig trees along Bridge Rd a bird sent me a token of his
esteem, right across the lips. Jeez I'm glad it was...
Forum: Australia September 28th 07, 01:31 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 25
Posted By beerwolf[_2_]
NTC: Review of the Australian Vehicle Standards Rules

"Fractal" wrote:

Or maybe a slight delay when opening car door, with a little recorded
message saying "look in the #$%^^#@ mirror, there might be a cyclist
coming", or a beep like the...
Forum: Australia September 24th 07, 09:39 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By beerwolf[_2_]
He's back!!!

thefathippy wrote:

He's a bugger, isn't he? Apparently he has a well deserved reputation
as an anticyclist. Maybe he's practising for a "journo" job in the
tabloids!

He will never make the...
Forum: Australia September 23rd 07, 01:50 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By beerwolf[_2_]
He's back!!!

DaveB wrote:

beerwolf wrote:
In the absence of a magpikely.com,

http://magpiemap03.googlemashups.com

Okay, report sent.

--
Forum: Australia September 23rd 07, 08:41 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8

In the absence of a magpikely.com, here's a heads up for any Sydney riders
travelling south on Anzac Parade Maroubra. The magpie is in the trees by
the road after Beauchamp St, just south of St...
Forum: Australia September 17th 07, 11:03 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 130
Posted By beerwolf[_2_]
Kiddy Trailers

Duracell Bunny wrote:

Patty, I could post up a picture or two of Lotte to
prove you wrong, but
as I do not wish to be held accountable for your inevitable subsequent
loss of eyesight, I...
Forum: Australia August 29th 07, 12:37 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By beerwolf[_2_]
Another bird story

TimC wrote:

Even earlier, I was driving from Canberra to Melbourne and had a
small bird fly up into my windscreen at about Seymour. I stopped to
check, saw that it was still fluttering...
Forum: Australia August 29th 07, 10:27 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By beerwolf[_2_]
Another bird story

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

I had one swoop in front of the motorcycle. It was hit by the
headlight and ended up hanging by one wing from the front indicator
stalk.

Rolled up to the servo...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 49