Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
Search took 0.65 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JimM
Forum: Techniques January 14th 09, 04:09 PM Posted to alt.war.vietnam,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 164
Posted By JimM
How come bicycle clothing looks so silly?

On Jan 14, 7:53*am, "Chas Hurst" wrote:
"!Jones' Sock Puppet" wrote in ... On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 17:42:53...
Forum: Recumbent Biking January 14th 09, 04:09 PM Posted to alt.war.vietnam,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 156
Posted By JimM
How come bicycle clothing looks so silly?

On Jan 14, 7:53*am, "Chas Hurst" wrote:
"!Jones' Sock Puppet" wrote in ... On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 17:42:53...
Forum: Recumbent Biking August 24th 07, 05:19 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 3
Posted By JimM
cruzbike Silvio

On Aug 23, 2:54 pm, Greg wrote:
here is the website. I'm interested in the Silvio. Any experience with
it?www.cruzbike.com

I agree that you should try one out prior to...
Forum: Recumbent Biking January 25th 07, 12:24 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 31
Posted By JimM
Commuting Alternative?

Based on my albeit limited experience, unless you commute in an
especially hilly area, you should average a higher speed on a
recumbent, all things being equal (fitness, quality of bike, etc). I
was...
Forum: General December 20th 06, 06:00 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By JimM
Disc brakes rubbing

This happens w/ great frequency on my brakes, which are on my upright
mountain bike. Great amounts of heat are generated in the braking
process and on long downhills, warping happens.
The rotors can...
Forum: Recumbent Biking December 20th 06, 06:00 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc